12

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Learning and losing...[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

Eunjoo never had anxiety issues. But now she wasn't so sure anymore.

 

ping!

taelien52 to injoory:
- greetings, earthling!ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ i come to tell you that i mean no harm.
-i also came to tell you that we cannot come to kook's house (δ้vδ้) tricked bwahahaha! enjoy the date.
-you cruel girl! 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。why did you not kiss the heck out of him that day?ԅ(¯﹃¯ԅ)
-now i have to scrub jimin's toilet as a dare. 。゚(゚^ิД^ิ゚)゚。

 

Yeah, she got the late notice so now she was stuck with Jungkook. Alone. In his empty house. Seated on his bed. With him. As he played with his console. How could she not get anxious? Especially with Taehyung bringing up the topic of her probably kissing Jungkook.

 

She stared at the screen, absentmindedly watching as Jungkook won for the nth time since he started. She heard him moving to reach out to the big bag of chips in front of them. He took a large amount and stuffed it all in his mouth.

 

The loud crunching was very tempting to Eunjoo, but she did not dare move. She remained frozen, with her legs crossed in an Indian-sit and her hands clutching her phone while her tongue stayed touching one bracket from her bottom set of teeth.

 

She remained unblinking until she saw the game being paused and the controller being shoved in front of her.

 

Eunjoo turned to see Jungkook reaching out his free hand to take another batch of crispy chips into his mouth. She did not fail to notice the way his eyes widened as he took it all in, like the way he did when he ate that carrot salad.

 

He turned to find her looking at him in slight horror. Jungkook chewed rapidly until he swallowed the food. He cleared his throat and spoke, "Here, take it. You came here to play right?"

 

’No, I came here because of Taehyung. But he ditched us. What a jerk!’ Eunjoo took the controller nonetheless.

 

Then, Jungkook turned his body to reach out and bring the bag of chips closer to her. "I just bought this a while ago. It's not poisonous if that's why you're not eating it."

 

Eunjoo caught Jungkook's gaze, her eyes slightly asking and mostly confused. But she dug in and popped a chip or two in .

 

"Well, go on. Start the game. Or do you want double player mode?"

 

Eunjoo got the gist of the game even though she was mindlessly staring. "I don't understand how to play this game. You can continue playing, I don't mind."

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, taking the controller back, "Suit yourself."

 

For a few minutes Jungkook continued playing while Eunjoo kept fidgeting until the former paused the game again and turned to face the latter. "If you want Baekhyun hyung to come over, you can call him to come here. I don't mind." Jungkook shrugged.

 

Eunjoo contemplated about it, did she want Baekhyun to be there with her? Thinking about it a bit more, she resigned to not inviting her best friend over. She'd had her fair share of being a third wheeler, and it wasn't a very fun experience. She also didn't want Baekhyun witnessing how she and Jungkook interacted with each other.

 

"No, I'm good."

 

Jungkook hummed, but he kept the game paused. Eunjoo took a short peek to see the boy eating the last of the chips. When they heard his phone ring, she whipped her head away.

 

There were two phones lying face down on the bed. Both had slightly the same covers as both were Iron Man inspired. It turns out that Jeon Jungkook was a huge fan. He had a fancier cover wherein Eunjoo had an Iron Man chibi printed on her plain case while his was textured and seemed like the actual mask.

 

He picked it up, pressed the speaker button - because he wasn't finished with his bag of chips - and spoke, "What is it Taehyung?"

 

"Have you kissed yet?"

 

There was an eerie silence in the room until Eunjoo and Jungkook simultaneous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter