26

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Zoning 101, pick your lane...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

(a/n: important note at the end, please don't skip ^^ thanks ;>)

 

Eunjoo and Baekhyun went to school together the next day.

 

Everybody in school suddenly erupted in gasps.

 

Their names flowed from the mouths of every student from every corner of the school. It was only a matter of time that they reach Jungkook's ears.

 

When it did, he was laughing maniacally with his BTS hyungs, making fun of Hoseok animatedly telling the others how his Jeolla friends made an elevator prank at him.

 

"Dude." Jungkook spun his head to face Taehyung who had placed a hand at his shoulder. "I think Eunjoo and Baekhyun are dating."

 

+++

 

Eunjoo rolled her eyes. Of course the school body would tell different versions of the situation she was in now. She couldn't help but wonder how Jungkook was coping with the gossips, but she knew they don't mean anything to him.

 

She was seated with her EXO friends telling her how much they missed her hanging out with them and with Baekhyun. To this she rolled her eyes as Baekhyun ruffled her hair with his arm around her shoulder just like old times.

 

But this time, their life was anew

 

+++

 

"I love Baekhyun." Hana retorted immediately after the introductions. The hand squeezing hers prevented her from screaming at the smiling girl across her.

 

"I love him too."

 

To that, Baekhyun whipped his head, witnessing how she sipped nonchalantly at her favorite Oreo milk tea. He was afraid of the changes that might occur now that Eunjoo had spoken.

 

"Well, you can't have him." Hana clung onto his arm tightly, and although it wasn't very appropriate, he smiled at that. "He's mine."

 

"I know," Eunjoo brought down her drink. Baekhyun shot her a confused look. "And, I'm not trying to steal him away from you. This idiot's all yours."

 

He felt Hana sigh beside him, but her grip on him remained firm. "So, what's with all this 'i love him too' sh*t?"

 

Eunjoo met his eyes. He swore she saw something blue glint in it, but it was gone immediately. "I just thought I'd like Baekhyun to know that him being my friend means a lot to me. I'm sure I love him as just my best friend. And now that he has you, he loves me the same platonic way I love him."

 

Eunjoo stood up, offering a hand at Hana to which the latter took, "I'm so sorry, unnie, for seeming rude at our first meeting. I'd also request that you allow me to keep Baekhyun as nothing but my best friend. Please take care of this idiot for me when he's with you, unnie."

 

Eunjoo then directed her gaze at Baekhyun and shouted before exiting the shop, "Have fun with your date, Baek."

 

The wink she sent him meant nothing. Her eyes didn't look sad anymore. And he wasn't hurt that Eunjoo let him go that easily.

 

+++

 

sugaryoongi created BTSchatroom with twelve4evsjin, rapmanjoon, hopeseok, chimchimin, taelien52, and gingerkookies

 

sugaryoongi: hey guys

 

taelien52: the sun revolves around the earth

 

rapmanjoon: no, the earth revolves around the sun

 

hopeseok: hello my darlings! how are your classes?

 

chimchimin: awful. chemistry-seosaengnim is discussing about general science. it's so out of topic, i don't want to listen anymore

 

twelve4evsjin: why am I even in this group chat? we already have one, why not use that instead?

 

taelien52: princess jin hyung hihi

 

sugaryoongi: wait, i'm typing ...!!

 

rapmanjoon: sh*t i almost got vaught texting.

 

rapmanjoon: *caught

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter