20

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Taehyung’s brilliant mind…[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

Jungkook and the boys decided to hang out by Taehyung's house.

 

 

Kim Taehyung is a spoiled rich brat. And with wealth comes the best play station consoles (take note of the device being in plural form) and high definition flat screen televisions (also in plural form) especially bought for nothing else other than gaming.

 

 

This time around, Seokjin did not have Sejin tagging along because the female 'Jin' was having her own day with her own friends. And this meant, more freedom with the way they were playing; extremely hardcore (a/n: didn't mean to make it sound so naughty. it isn't okay? ahaha)

 

 

Jimin and Hoseok played about a corner of the room where a dance game was set up. Yoongi taught Seokjin how to play balls using the arcade type of basketball and the virtual type of it. Namjoon, well, he was busy with his dating 'RPG' game while he muttered in a high pitched tone 'Notice me, Senpai'.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jungkook and Taehyung were in another corner of the (vast) gaming room, completely engaged in a teamwork to shoot the enemies coming their way.

 

 

"Cover me, Tae." Jungkook muttered, his body tilting as his character turned to the left, "I'm going in."



 

Just then the screen showed that their two characters had each other's sight. "I got you bro. Beat ‘em to a pulp!"



 

Taehyung's side of the screen showed how his character slayed the incoming enemies with his virtual gun, and along with the gunshot sounds came his loud screams. Meanwhile, Jungkook was swiftly blending into the wall until he decided to show himself and started to press maniacally to shot at every bad guy he saw.

 

 

And though the two were just sitting (with the other one still screaming even though he had finished his mission because his comrade was 'winging' it), as soon as Jungkook pressed the button one last time, they panted.

 

 

Taehyung scrambled from his seat and hugged Jungkook. "I love you bro! We did it!"



 

Jungkook pushed his friend away, an expression of both disgust and pride. Of course he'd win this game, he was the Golden Boy after all.



 

Taehyung chuckled then slumped back in his seat. "Ah I'm tired! You can go play the next game. I'll be here, resting my skills."



 

The Jeon boy rolled his eyes and proceeded to play again. Taehyung glanced around the room, to check over his friends. The dance buddies were breathless and sweating buckets but still dancing. The basketball buddies had abandoned the arcade basketball and dedicated themselves to playing virtual PBA. While, Namjoon, well he was crying in glee because Senpai did notice him.



 

Their bags had been discarded in one corner as were their school blazers and uniform polo shirts. The boys were now clad in their uniform slacks, black socks and preferred t-shirts. As usual, Seokjin wore pink and Jungkook wore one of his twenty-four favorite white shirts. It was a Friday, and they were celebrating for the upcoming weekend.



 

Taehyung couldn't understand why Jungkook liked those plain white shirts a lot (or why Yoongi preferred light hued shirts when the said boy was already very pale) and how girls seemed to dig the Jeon boy's style, but then again he couldn't explain himself why he loved his white sweater, with a slit on one shoulder, so much.

 

 

Taehyung heard the boy beside him mutter a curse silently as the former ruffled his magenta hair. His eyes then caught sight of the two phones by the table in front of them. His was very normal, one with an alien-inspired case, compared to Jungkook's Iron Man phone. Nonetheless, he picked up the strange phone; Jeon's phone.



 

He swiped at the screen and was met with the display asking for the four-digit password. Just with one attempt, Taehyung managed to infiltrate the security code with the numbers 1997. It was typical that Jeon Jungkook would use his birth year as his password.



 

Taehyung could not understand how Jungkook's home screen was filled with game apps which were all annoyingly outdated. He could not understand why the background picture was of Iron Man (but then again, no surprise there) instead of Eunjoo's cute selca.

 

 

When he browsed through Jungkook's photo gallery, they were all of food menus, gaming avatars, Iron Man, Marvel, and none of Eunjoo's - nor his - face.

 

 

Taehyung then decided to check out Jungkook's Browser history and snickered when he proved that Jeon Jungkook was definitely a boy with lots of hormones.

 

 

His thumb pressed the 'Messages' icon and giggled when he saw that Jungkook's conversation with Eunjoo was at the top. He first took note of how the only contacts in Jungkook's inbox were his BTS friends, his family, some students who are supposedly his group mates, and none of those flirt fling textmates.

 

 

Taehyung frowned as his eyes were focused on the screen. "Do you and Eunjoo not talk frequently?" He was very disappointed to see that Jungkook's and Eunjoo's conversation was four-or-less messages long.

 

 

"No, we do not." Jungkook casually said. This time, Namjoon huddled beside Taehyung.

 

"This is unacceptable, Jeon Jungkook! She's your girlfriend." Taehyung frowned, almost pouting.

 

 

Jungkook then shrugged, "I don't see her complaining."

 

 

"Dude, Jungkook, you've got no jams. Girls are very sensitive people, yo." Namjoon exclaimed, his thin eyes bulging out as wide as he could make it.

 

 

"There are some girls who don't really mind not constantly talking to their boyfriends. Maybe, Eunjoo is one of those girls." Seokjin shrugged as he joined the group.



 

Yoongi sat beside Jungkook, his arm winding around the latter's shoulder, "I'd actually prefer a quiet one over those whiny cutesy girlfriends, thank you very much."

 

 

"Awww, Eunjoo and Jungkook are so cute! Adorable creatures!" Hoseok exclaimed, his body wiggling exaggeratedly for emphasis.



 

Jimin then sat down on the floor, leaning on Yoongi's legs. "But then again, you've both been in a relationship for two months, bro. Both of you should try to step out of the 'getting to know each other' zone. You should be way past that."

 

 

"Burn them all! Yeah!" Namjoon shouted, earning everybody else's attention, except Taehyung's, while Jungkook played as if he didn't listen to what they said. To this lack of response, Taehyung frowned.



 

"I'm going to call Eunjoo."



 

"Go ahead. Oh! That was so close!" Jungkook swerved his body while he continued playing and the rest of the boys cheered for his victory.



 

"Go Golden Boy!"



 

"I'm using your phone. You haven't seemed to have called her yet, ever."



 

To Taehyung's statement, he earned a few ears. Jin, Yoongi and Jimin's.



 

"Don't call- Oh, sh*t! Wait! No. No. No. No! Namjoon what do I do?! I'm dying!"



 

"Is this your last life- Oh, dude, you're screwed! Hold up! Try pressing this and this!" (a/n: i honestly don't know anything about gaming ahahaha just imagine what ever weaponry game you know lel) Namjoon instructed.



 

"Oh, she picked up." Yoongi announced as the other boys - excluding Namjoon and Jungkook - huddled over the phone in the middle held by Taehyung. The latter pressed the 'speaker' button, making the call available to everyone in the room.

 

 

"Hello? Jungkook?" The surrounding boys held in their snickering, mentally teasing the Jeon boy for some reason.

 

 

Taehyung cleared his throat and spoke, "Hey, Eunjoo. It's me, Taehyung."



 

"Oh!" She cheerfully greeted, "Hello! Why are you using Jungkook's number? Did you need something from me?"

 

 

"Oh. No. No. I just happen to browse through Jungkook's phone. He's awfully busy with playing right now." Taehyung sneaked a glance at the said boy and snickered when he saw Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed. Whether it was because of the game difficulty or because he was listening to what Taehyung was telling Eunjoo, they didn't know.

 

 

"Oh, I see. He can't beat me."

 

 

At this, the rest of the group guffawed. Even Namjoon paused from cheering and pointed at Jungkook while laughing.



 

"Was this on speaker the whole time? Oh my gosh! Did-"



 

Jungkook sported a very brief small smile before the game ended (he won, take that Eunjoo!). He glared at his laughing friends and snatched the phone from Taehyung. He then turned off the speaker and brou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter