Chapter 11

My English Tutor! [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Makeover Chaengie!

Location : Bang!Bang!Homestay

Another day of slack off,MinSoo doesn’t go to school but stay at home as last night he haven’t have a proper sleep after return from Zico’s shop.His mind is muddle up that he can’t figure out what is wrong with his plan.

Supposedly,he just want to be with Chaeyoung alone at the shop for a few hours yet,JinWoo ruin everything by return to the shop saying that he have something to do.As the shop doesn’t belong to MinSoo,he just want to borrow it for a while,he doesn’t have any rights to kick out JinWoo from his own shop.He thoughts that it will be only JinWoo at the shop will be no problem but then here it comes again his other two friends who return to the shop out of the blue.Before everything,the three of them had agree to MinSoo that they will lend MinSoo the shop for a few hours for him without asking any reasons from him.Yet,when the day ,the three of them didn’t even recalled anything about what MinSoo told them previous day.The three didn’t even put it mind.MinSoo still insisted the plan to go on afterall he wanted to help out Chaeyoung with her assignment.

It happened a week ago when MinSoo found out something in her room and discover as well that Chaeyoung was desperating with her assignment through her laptop.Chaeyoung didn’t set up a passcode in her laptop,MinSoo just being nosy and found out everything.As he was one of the art student as well,hence ,he knows what was Chaeyoung lacked off in her assignment.An inspiration.

As the plan go wrong,it is not as what  he expect,MinSoo had been rolling on his bed for whole night until 4am,he just fall asleep and then wake up again in 6 am as  afterwards fall back to sleep until he forgets about the school.Promptly,he just continue to sleep as he doesn’t have any intention to attend the class as well today.

“You didn’t go to school today?”MinSoo makes his way downstairs as his mother notice him.He is suppose to be at school this hour.The landlady astonish by her son being at home today.

“No,I study until 4 am last night.So,I can’t make it to school earlier,”MinSoo lie to his mum as the truth he just seal it by himself not letting his mother to know about it.The landlady doubt about his son as she knows about her son won’t study until midnight instead playing online games until midnight.She gives a suspect glance towards her weary son who still doesn’t fully awake after  a long sleep until noon right now.

“No lying?”his mum assume him.

“No,I swear,I was studying last night.The exercises Chaeyoung gives me are so much that’s why I study until 4 am last night,”without any hesitation MinSoo lie to his mother like it is sound like the truth.”Omma,you should believe your son,”he whines like a little boy in front of his mum.Other than his own mother,MinSoo never show this side of him to others.He is just a filial son to his mother who always a little boy for the landlady.

The landlady can’t argue with him,she give in to her son,a smile form on the landlady’s face when seeing her son whining in front of her.”Ara,ara,”she make her way to the kitchen to take something for her son for brunch.”Go to wash up,your brunch will be ready soon,”she takes something out from the refrigerator with the ingredients that she had have prepare earlier.Eventually,takes out a pan from the cabinet and stirring something inside the bowl which she puts all the ready chop ingredients into the batter with flour and water.

“Ah,omma,you’re making something I love the most,”just by observing his mother taking out all these ingredients,MinSoo knows what is his mum going to make for him for brunch.It’s been a while now since omma last make my favorite food,like a little kid,MinSoo is exciting for his mum cooks,waiting for it at the countertop.

“Go to wash up first,”his mum reprimand him for being smelly with the smell of his own saliva after a long sleep,immediately he listen to his mum and wash up himself.

The smell of the landlady’s cooks stir up around the house compound,as fragrance as always.There’s no one ever cook this dish perfectly and delicious as the landlady.She had cook for it almost 20 years now.MinSoo grown to be this big also because of this dish.

“Okay,I’m done,omma,”with a swift movement MinSoo wash up himself and get out from the bathroom right away when smell the fragrance of his mum’s cooks.Waiting at the dining table while observing his mother slightly flip the pancakes on the pan before serving it on the plate for him.

“Here,you go.Just in time.Be careful,it’s hot,”MinSoo is highly expect the dish in front of him just as same as before.He nods and dig in the food greedily.”Slow down,don’t eat that fast,”MinSoo just has been longing for this dish for so long since her mother is busy recently didn’t have time to do this dish.

“Omma,your vegetable pancakes is the best.No one can compete with you,”MinSoo praise of how good his mum cook is.

“Not to be the enthusiasm of it,”the landlady being humble,”It is just that your childhood memories of eating omma’s vegetable pancake.You’re grown up by eating this dish as well as selling this dish,”the landlady said.

Before the landlady have this homestay,in the past 15 years ago,she is actually own a food stalls which sells vegetables pancake for the main food.Back then MinSoo was just 6 years old that he had lost his dad,the landlady had to look after this family by herself to play the role as mother and father as well.Having MinSoo the only son,it was quite hard for her as well since she didn’t have high educate and just know to do something like cooking, laundering  and other house chores.She was just a typical house wife not until she force to go out to work to earn expenses to support her son and herself.The landlady finally decided to rent a stall place to sells her cooking as she was more confident with her cooking, nothing else she can do.The other jobs didn’t allow her to bring along her son,in fact she just use all the expenses that her husband had left for them to rent a stall to start her own business.The husband just left a few of it to them as he was die in an accident,there’s no insurance that they could claim from.Instead of just waiting for the money to come,the landlady decided to have her own business to earn more money for her son and her life to live better.

Everday,the landlady open her stalls to sell her cooking by bringing along MinSoo with her.Putting him to the nursery will need some money as well,in fact she just bring him along with her everyday after he returned from school.From weekdays work until weekends,none of the day the landlady will missed out to business-ing.

“This is why I said omma’s pancake is the best ever!”continuous praise his mum dish while having food inside his mouth.The landlady ignore her son being exaggerate complimenting her while continue to make some more pancakes.

”Are those for me too?”still having a mouthful of pancake inside his mouth,still bothering of the pancake his mum currently cook.

“This is for Chaeyoung.She haven’t taste this before,”the landlady state that the pancakes she is currently making is for Chaeyoung.

MinSoo gulps the food in his mouth while hesitate to tell something that strike his mind when his mum mention of Chaeyoung,”Omma,do you still remember 15 years ago?”

“Who would remember that long ago?”the landlady doesn’t fully pay attention to her son as she is busy with cooking.

“The girl and the boy…of…15…”he stammers as he doesn’t know how to tell his mum about it as he seek out a secret from Chaeyoung.He shove out his phone from his pocket while slide it unlock,a picture of a little girl appear.

After that day when MinSoo intruded Chaeyoung’s room,he had discover who was Chaeyoung actually ,he even snapped a picture of Chaeyoung’s when she was 3 years old exactly the girl he recalled in his mind 15 years ago.The photo slipped out as he turned to the page of middle whereas he found out as well the flower sticker that he used to give one to a girl.It was exactly the same one he recalled in his mind.

“Uhmm?What did you just say?”MinSoo refuse to tell about the truth to his mum as he doesn't know how to explain it to his mum since he actually intruding someone privacy no matter how.I better keep it,I don't know how to explain as well to omma if she finds out I intrude someone privacy without permission.I will probably will gain nags for a whole day.

“Nothing.Omma’s pancakes is the best!”he gives a thumb up for his mum.

Just as he takes another piece of pancake into his mouth,his phone ring of receiving a message,

Chaeyoung?A message from ChaeYoung,MinSoo immediately check it out.

"Are you free tonight?"excitedly MinSoo reply the message right away,startled by how subconscious Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter