Chapter Nine

Girl Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon watches in amazement and adoration with the performer on stage. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to be able to win the heart of Kyulkyung who shone the brightest on stage. 

The hall roared with thunder claps has Kyulkyung strummed the last note with a bright smile that shot hundreds of hearts present there, including Jung Chaeyeon. 

"Awww look at my Kyungie!" Chaeyeon nudged Yuju as she clapped like a seal. All of the girls around them whipped their heads towards Chaeyeon with a death stare which the older doesn't give a damn to. 

Yuju chunckled, "You whipped fellow." 

"The winner would confirm be Kyulkyung wanna bet?" Chaeyeon crossed her arms confidently. Yuju rasied her brow and shook her head, "Well, she've got a competitor."

"Who?"

"Kim Mingyu." 

Mingyu? 

Chaeyeon set her eyes on the stage once again and saw Mingyu clothed in a smart suit as music started blasting through the speaker. 

He moved fluently, powerfully and sharply. The response was no joke. Even guys stood up in ovation. Chaeyeon didn't know Mingyu, her childhood friend would be such a great dancer. 

"Shook?" Yuju teased. 

Chaeyeon directed her attention to Yuju and faked a cough, "Nah. My bae is much better." 

"I would have expected your bae to be Kim Mingyu to be honest." 

Chaeyeon widen her eyes and giggled while wiggling her pointer.

"What? I dont go for dongsaengs."

Yuju shrugs, "Really? What about Kyulkyung?" 

"THATS DIFFERENT! KYULKYUNG IS MY KYUNGIE YOU DONT COMPARE HER WITH ANYONE!" 

The latter rolled her eyes, "Keep it down will you? Gosh. You're such an embarrassment!" 

"Whatev-"

"-Now, can i invite all of the performers up on stage again as we announce the winner?" 

Chaeyeon smiled as she saw Kyulkyung dragging her small body up on the stage with her bipa. 

"Hey, rememeber the bet on the winner?" Yuju suddenly spoke while Chaeyeon nodded.

"I'm betting on Mingyu's win."

"Betting on my Kyungie." Chaeyeon replied firmly. 

The tension was high as the emcee dragged the timing longer and longer. 

While waiting, Chaeyeon caught Kyulkyung's eyes and to encourage the younger girl, Chaeyeon raised her thumb up with a grin. 

"THE FINAL WINNER IS...." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"KIM MINGYU!" 

 

 

 

"HA! MINGYU WON." Yuju wiped it on her face. 

 

Chaeyeon blinked as she watched the prize and a trophe being received by her childhood friend instead.

"Now...as the winner, you're given two air tickets as the prize other than the trophe." The emcee continued, "so, i believe Mingyu-ssi, you would have someone on you mind to share this prize with?"

She saw Kyulkyung's disappointed face and her brain immediately started brain storming on ideas to cheer the young girl up.

"Yuju! What should i do to cheer my bae up?" Chaeyeon questioned while Yuju had her attention on the stage. 

"Should i make her bread? Ah but that would take a long time! Hmm... hug her? Comfort her? Pre-" 

"-....Chaeyeon noona." 

The said girl snapped out her train of thoughts as she heard her name being echoed out of the speaker. She immediately pushed her head up and saw everyone staring at her. 

"Eh?"

"What? I thought she has my Kyulkyung already!" She heard one of the juniors complaining and she was about to snap at that person for claiming her property when her name was called once again. 

"Chaeyeon noona? Do you have a place in mind?" 

Mingyu announced as if Chaeyeon had already accepted his offer. The girl glared at Mingyu who respond with a flirty wink back.

"What the hell is he doing?" Chaeyeon muttered under her breathe.

Yuju shook her head in disbelieve. 

"Obviously he's crushing on you, stupid."

 

Chaeyeon leaned against the wall as she waited for Kyulkyung at the backstage. 

"Ahh...what should i say to her?" 

Still worried over how to comfort Kyulkyung, Chaeyeon didnt noticed that the foreigner was already in front of her, wearing an unreadable expression. 

"Jung Chaeyeon." 

The older snapped out her trance and smiled immediately at the sight of Kyulkyung. 

"KYUNGIE!" She was about engulf the younger into a hug to comfort her when Kyulkyung took a small step back, causing Chaeyeon to hug the air instead. 

"Were you thinking about plans with him?" 

Chaeyeon could catch the burning eyes of Kyulkyung as her face screams nothing but jealousy. It made Chaeyeon delighted that the younger was actually jealous over Mingyu. 

"Why?" Chaeyeon attempts to pull Kyulkyung near but the younger doesnt bulge at all, her legs still stayed at the same original place.

Kyulkyung glared. 

Seemed like Chaeyeon's hell training plan had backfired. 

"Are you jealous?"

Chaeyeon teased as she took a step closer to Kyulkyung who then flinched alittl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter