Chapter Six

Girl Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon paced back and forth with the white piece of paper clutched tightly in her hands, together with her smart phone. 

"You are making me dizzy, Chaeyeon-ah." Seulgi, who was waiting for Soojung to finishing preparing for their date, pulled Chaeyeon by her arm. Stopping the younger from walking.

"Unnie." Chaeyeon pouted, "what should i do?" 

Raising her brows, Seulgi questioned, "Do what?" 

The younger sighed, "There's this girl i asked out earlier-"

"-YOU WHAT?!" Seulgi screamed. 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and face-palmed, "why is everyone so surprised about me asking a girl out?"

Seulgi looked at her with glints of interest, "because its the first time you are courting someone and not the other way round!" She continued, "so what happened? Did she answer and accept it?"

The latter sighed, "Thats the problem. I'm a coward."

Her reply made Seulgi frown, "what? Dont tell me you chickened out the last mintue and ran away." 

"How did you know?" 

Seulgi face-palmed. 

"So i'm like trying to figure out whether or not should i text her." Chaeyeon sighed, staring at the number figured on the paper. 

"How did you get her number though? 

Chaeyeon grinned, "i just happened to." 

"Yeah right." Seulgi rolled her eyes, "Then just try texting her."

Chaeyeon hesitated, "Should i? What if she reject me? I wont be able to face her anymore!" 

Although the girl is nicknamed as dumbseul, Seulgi, does give good advices at times. 

"You will never know until you try." 

 

"LETS GO!" Soojung came walking down the stairs like a princess and saw the two girls communicating 

"Oh you're ready?" Seulgi smiled brightly. 

Soojung cocked a brow, "what are you guys talking about?" 

"About Chae's failed pro- AHHH!"

Seulgi shrieked as she felt her sides being pinched by the younger Jung. Chaeyeon glared at her alarmingly then turned back to Soojung with an innocent smile.

"Seulgi unnie was talking about you behind your back." 

Soojung's face changed instantly, "What? Kang Seulgi?"

"Nonono! She's lying!" 

The next moment, the two oldest girls were chasing after one another.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS JUNG CHAEYEON!" Seulgi threatened before running out of the Jung's mansion.

"As if you will make it out alive." Chaeyeon giggled then stared at her phone. 

"Aish..."

 

-

 

"Go on a date with me." 

Kyulkyung laid on her bed, thinking deeply. She didn't know whether should she be happy and glad that her senior just suddenly got up after that request and ran away or should she be freak out by the request made. 

"Does she like me?" Kyulkyung asked herself but shook her head instantly, "ehyy...why would she like someone like me?" 

*ring*

Her train of thoughts were interrupted by the buzz of the phone lying beside her. 

From: Doyeon

Unnie! Are you free? Wanna have a night snack together? 

I'm already at the cafè near your house. 

Come quickly!

"Night snack?" Kyulkyung's stomach started growling at the mention of that. It made her wondered if she's starting to become like Mina. 

She quickly agreed to it, grabbing her wallet and her coat, she opened her door. 

"GOSH!" 

To her surprise, she found Chaeyeon standing outside, with her appalled expression. 

"Jung Chaeyeon?" Kyulkyung quirked a brow, "what are you doing outside my house at eight?" 

Chaeyeon faked a cough and looked away, not replying to Kyulkyung's question. She wasn't even expecting the younger to rush out of her house out of nowhere. 

To be honest, Chaeyeon was wondering if she should leave her letter in the letter box or at the doorstep when Kyulkyung opened the door and scare the strawberry out of her. 

Swiftly, she hid the letter in her pocket and faked a smile, "What about you? Where are you going?"

Although still confused, Kyulkyung pointed across the street,"Erm...i'm meeting Doyeon for a night snack." 

A frown was immediately formed, "Doyeon?" 

Kyulkyung nodded, noticing the frown on the older's brow, she suggested, "i'm pretty sure Doyeon wont mind you joining us." 

And Chaeyeon was quick to agree to it. 

 

-

 

It was yet again another awkward slience between the three. This time, Kyulkyung was not being a dimwit. She could sense the tension between the two. 

"Um okay. So i'm going to order drinks. What do you guys want?" The foreigner questioned, breaking the ice.

"Strawberry lattè for me." Chaeyeon ordered. 

Doyeon smiled, "Green Tea lattè please." 

Kyulkyung nodded and got up, "Talk for awhile okay? Dont be awkward?" 

Both Doyeon and Chaeyeon wanted to strangle the girl for making them even morr awkward with each other. 

Doyeon stared at the older before throwing a question, "Why were you will Kyulkyung unnie?"

Rolling her eyes, Chaeyeon scarastically replied, "Why cant i find her for a night snack too?""

Hearing her senior's terrifying tone, Doyeon kept shut tightly. 

"Do you guys often do this? Meeting up for a snack or drink?" Chaeyeon squinted her eyes sharply at the younger who then gulped nervously.

"Ummm... i think so?" 

Chaeyeon then thought for a moment, and she decided to let her curiosity to eat her up.

"Kim Doyeon?" 

"Yes?"

"Do you perhaps likes Kyulkyun-"

"-Please make space." 

Fortunately or unfortunately, Kyulkyung came back with a tray of their orders, interrupting Chaeyeon's question. 

"Thanks unnie." Doyeon helped Kyulkyung to bring out the drinks from the tray. 

The latter only smiled and sipped on her strawberry lattè. 

Chaeyeon quirked a brow, "you like strawberry lattè too?" 

Kyulkyung smiled and nodded happily, "but i also like green tea lattè. Hehe seems like all of our preferences are almost identical!" 

Doyeon just respond with an awkward laughter while Chaeyeon was just simply happy about Kyulkyung liking the same drinks as her. 

"Oh right, unnie." Doyeon started, "how's your bipa practicing going? The showcase is next week right?"

Kyulkyung nodded then turn to Chaeyeon, looking at her with her puppy eyes that made Chaeyeon melt, "Can you let me off for training for a few days? I need to practice my bipa. Pretty please?"

A scheme then appeared in Chaeyeon mind.

"I'll keep my answer to that for later." 

"Why?" 

"Just because." Chaeyeon shrugged. 

 

-

 

After an hour of Kyulkyung initiating conversation, they decided its time to head home and Kyulkyung couldnt be more thankful for that. 

"Yah! Why didnt you keep the conversations going?" Kyulkyung blamed Chaeyeon as the older offered to walk her home, "do you know how difficult it was to keep talking abd trying to engage you guys together?"

Chaeyeon shrugged and chunckled, "Well, no one told you to." 

The younger glared and jokingly elbowed Chaeyeon's side as  punshiment.

"What was that for?" Chaeyeon laughed while the latter stuck her tongue out playfully. 

"Arent your parents going to scold you for returning home at nine?" Kyulkyung question, making the older amuse.

"Which era are you in? Who goes home before nine these days?"

Kyulkyung shrugges, "well, back in China, my parents wont allow me to be out this late. I'll be expected home by seven." 

Chaeyeon nodded, "Thats strict." 

With her hand roaming around her pocket, she then remembered the letter she was suppose to give Kyulkyung.

"Chaeyeon?" 

"Hm?'

Both of them locked eyes as Kyulkyung questioned, "Can i ask what did you mean back then at the han river?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter