Ch. 8

Protecting You

It's double update. Make sure you read the previous chapter before.

Enjoy!


~Protecting You~


 

I stayed at the hospital for two days more because of my father told me too. He was beyond worried over me. Yeah, unlike typical father in the other story, my father loved me so much. And so did my mother. They were the kindest parents in the world, even though they didn’t had much times for me in the house because they traveled back and forth to America. The loved shower that they gave and showed in the distance was enough. And since I had Youngjae and the boys with me, everything seemed perfect.
 
Youngjae visited me every day and he would bring Jaemin too if I told him to stay the night which was every nights. After been hospitalizing for five days straight, finally the doctor gave me permission to be home. While I was waiting for some documents to take care of by Mr. Lee, Youngjae came visited me. Alone.
 
“Hey, hyung?” he greeted me, suddenly appeared in front of me just right when I thought about him. well, yeah, as cheesy as it sounded, Youngjae never left my mind.
 
Baby!” I jumped in surprised. And he was more surprised by the nickname that slipped from my mouth.
 
“What?” he asked shyly. I mentally slapped my head as I literally mouthing the word while in fact I just thought about calling him that.
 
“Uuuuhhhhh… baby?” I said unsurely, tilting my head a bit so I looked a bit cuter. I surprised more when he pulled me in to sudden hug. I immediately hugged him back. He wrapped me tightly and long. I didn’t know why, but somehow I felt that he wasn’t good. Something must be happened in school.
 
“Hey…” I rubbed a circle on his back. “Youngjae-ah… what happened?” I asked softly. I felt his shook his head hard, “Nothing.”
 
I pulled him away, but he kept his embrace tight. I sighed. “I know that something happened. Come on, tell me.” I said softly. He shook his head again.
 
Baby?” I called him with the new nickname.
 
“Uh, you ruined the moment, hyung.” He said bluntly after pulling away from the hug.
 
“Huh?” I asked confusedly as I never seen this side of Youngjae. “What?” I asked again.
 
“You ruined the moment. I just missed you. Let me hug you.” He said, got me surprised as he did hug me tightly again. I sighed. I knew he lied, but I wouldn’t farce him. All the hidden cards will revealed someday. So, I just let him be and enjoyed this moment.
 
~^^~
 
 
It’s good to be back to school again after a long holiday. My only holiday. I sent a message to Youngjae before going to school, wanted to meet up with him and walked with him, but he said that he got morning chores and leave early. So, I immediately searched for him in the class. I didn’t feel any strange gazes at me as I stepped inside the building until I didn’t found Youngjae and asked one of my classmate. 
 
“Do you see Youngjae?” I asked as nice as I could.
 
He stared at me with a judging look before shaking his head, “Probably won’t come.” He said as he walked away.
 
I managed to grab his arm before he went away, “What did you say?” I demanded an explanation. 
 
I could felt him trembling in my embrace, “Tell me. What did you say?”
 
“I… I… I am sorry, but please, please don’t hurt me.” He said suddenly. I was shocked by his respond. Hurting him? I never hurt anyone before. Something was wrong here, but why none of the boys told me? I thought.
 
“I won’t hurt you. But, you tell me where is Youngjae and what’s with your words just now?” I repeated my question. He looked at my hand pleadingly. I let him go.
 
“I… I don’t know w-where h-he is. B-but i-if he is smart enough, h-he won’t go to s-school a-again. e-everyone in this school know his dark secret. That he is a son of criminals.” He explained, stuttering.
 
“What?” I muttered in disbelief. He was standing awkwardly in front of me. “How?” I asked again.
 
He looked up at me, ready to give the answer as someone called my name.
 
“JB!” The boys came and the freaking boy ran away from me.
 
“You owe me an explanation!” I turned around at them, gritted my teeth as I felt anger rising in me. Mark, Jackson, and Junior sighed. We all took our seat as they began the story. As they progressed with the story, I realized that none of our classmate enter the room and instead they peeking out their heads thru window.
 
“…yeah… Chansung and his little gang spread the rumor.” Junior stated sadly.
 
“WHAT?” I shouted at them as I stood up and punching the table.
 
“Hyung… we were sorry for not telling you. But, Youngjae… he…”
 
“He told you for not telling me, right?” I tried to suppress my anger as I fell on my chair again. They all nodded.
 
“I thought you all would protect him.” I muttered my disappointment at them. They looked down, muttering sorry.
 
I remembered Youngjae and dialed his phone. But, he didn’t answer me. “!” I cursed as I frustratedly scratch my hair.
 
Ding!  One message.
 
I opened my phone and found a message from Youngjae.
 
From: My Jae<3
I am on my way, hyung. Don’t worry.
See you there! (^0^)//
 
Seemed like Youngjae didn’t know yet that I already know the whole story. I looked around at the crowd outside my class and I found Chansung smirked at me. he stood there in the middle of the crowd before scooting to enter the class.
 
“Well… Well… Well… Who we have today? The almighty Im Jaebum! So, Jaebumie, where is you little friend? The son of criminals? Where is he? Isn’t he coming? Oh, I am highly doubted he will come today. If he do come, that little brat didn’t really take my words.” Chansung said slyly. I felt anger rising again as I stood from my chair and coming closer to Chansung with big steps to punch him on the face.
 
“Don’t you try to spread a rumor about him! You ing bastard!” I said angrily. I watched as Chansung whipped away the blood from the side of his mouth.
 
“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! NO!” I felt Junior, Mark, and Jackson tried to hold me. I angrily trying to escape from their grip, breathing heavly.
 
“ you! My lip is bleeding! My nose too!” Chansung shouted at me.
 
“Be grateful I only hit your face. Next time you talk bad about Youngjae or ing hurting him or laying a finger on him, I will kill you! Or anyone of you all!” I shouted angrily to him and the crowd.
 
Chansung laughed out loud, “Why do I have to scare of you? Youngjae is my toy. He is everyone toy. Do you know that your little friend was begging to Taecyeon? Hah! Judging from your face, you must not know about it! Your little friend is a ing !” Chansung’s laugh boomed around the class. And that word gave me so much strength to detach my body from my friends’ hold and fought with Chansung.
 
The boys tried to hold me again as I fought Chansung while his gang only stood there did nothing.
 
“Hyung! Stop it!”
 
“Hyung!
 
“Hyung, no!”
 
“Stop!”
 
“Hyung!” I couldn’t hear whose voice screaming for me to stop. But, I had Chansung on beneath me now. I still fear anger in me, but I wasn’t punching him again instead I punched the floor next to his head and letting my tears and sweat dropped down.
 
“Hyung, stop!”
 
“JB, Stop! You hurt yourself!”
 
“Please, stop it!”
 
“Hyung!” The boys were still busy stopping me punching the floor.
 
“Oh my God! Jaebum hyung!” I heard a voice, a familiar sweet voice which laced with full of worry. But, I couldn’t stop my hand punching the floor and turned to the owner of the voice as I usually did until a warm and soft hand kindly grab my shoulder and his other hand stopping my massive attack to the floor. 
 
“Hyung, get up.” That kind voice ordered me. Those soft hands sweetly helping me on my leg. I still looked down at Chansung who terrified with me and ran away with his gang. My body was trembling hard. I never realized it until I felt a gentle pair of arms embracing me warmly and soothing my back. His soft voice like a lullaby in my ears as I slowly wrapped him with my trembling hands too, burying my head on his shoulder, inhaling his calming and sweet scent.
 
We hugged for a while. I felt my body was lighter and my heavy breathing was even out slowly. He pulled away from the hug. We locked eyes. He caressed my face to whipped away my tears as he smiled sweetly at me, saying, “It’s okay. Everything is okay now. You are with me now, right?” Slowly, I found myself nodded.
 
“Smile, hyung…” Youngjae said, smiling brightly in front of me. I still had the hold on his waist.
 
“Smile, please. You are more beautiful when you smile.” He said, copying my words. And soon, he chuckled at his own cuteness. I didn’t know what comes over me. I realized that we were in the class with all students were watching us. But, I felt like it’s only me and Youngjae, no one else. I kissed him on the lips in front of hundred pairs of eyes. And I smiled after looking at Youngjae’s tomato face.
 
“Yes. You are with me now, baby.” I said softly, leaving a quick peck again as he still looked at me dazed. I knew that everyone would talk about this for a while, but I didn’t care at all. Youngjae was with me. That’s the matter.
 
Youngjae brought up my right hand and looked it’s bleeding. He calmly pulled me to walk out the class to the school health care. I sat on the bed as he cleaned my wound carefully.
 
“Ow!” I winced in pain. He looked up at me, “Hurt?” he asked. I nodded, watching as he continued to clean it.
 
“You should think about the hurt before fighting and punching the floor, hyung.” Youngjae scolded me.
 
“But, he was the first~” I whined, defensed myself.
 
“Still. You should learn how to control your temper.” He said as he searched for a bandage to wrap my right hand because I hurt my knuckle.
 
“But, he was insulting you. I couldn’t help, but got angry. Knowing and hearing someone bad mouthing my boyfriend…” Youngjae looked up at me for a moment as I paused, “… wasn’t the best feeling, Youngjae-ah. I fight for you, baby. I don’t like anyone talk bad about you.” I said, pouting a bit and wincing in pain as he pinched my side, “Baby! What the hell?” I rubbed the spot.
 
“Serve you right, hyung! I am thankful because you defend me, but I don’t like if you involved in another fight because of me, hyung. It hurts me because you might get hurt more. And I don’t want that. I don’t want to lose you too.” He said sincerely as he stared at my eyes. Our faces were just an inch away. He looked so adorable when worrying about me, so I moved my head a bit to give him a quick peck. 
 
“Tsk. Seems like you enjoy doing that now.” He scoffed. I chuckled as nodded my head in agreement, “I can’t resist your cuteness, baby~” I puckered my lips, demanding for a kiss, but getting none as Youngjae just put a band-aid on my left cheek.
 
“Lucky that you didn’t hurt so bad.” He said, tidied up the tools.
 
“Lucky that you arrived soon.” I said slyly. He turned to me.
 
“Next time, I better not see you in another fight, hyung. You really should learn how to hold your temper.” he sternly said. I smiled shyly as suddenly I remembered his angelic presence.
 
“Baby~” I pulled him closer by his waist. He looked at me confused.
 
“Thanks for coming. I don’t know what happen if you didn’t coming up just now. Your presence brought peace to all over my body. I think, as long as you are with me, I will have a better emotion. You washed away my hotness with your calm and fresh touch.”
 
After I said that, he pinch me again, “Ow, baby!”
 
“Stop being cheesy!” he said.
 
“But, I am saying the truth!” I pouted, rubbing my arm.
 
“Sorry, just… seems like you love doing that also.” He said. I looked at him in disbelief, “Seems like you love doing that also. Pinching me.” I copied him. He sighed, “Does it that hurt?” he asked. I brought up my arm to him.
 
“Wanna me kiss it better?” he asked for the good as I immediately pulled him for a kiss as I tickling him. We both laughed hard as we continue our way to the class. 
 
~^^~
 

It’s not too long since we sat in our seat, started the staring game as usual. I stared at Youngjae who listened to the teacher. We all looked at athe source of the sound when someone cleared his throat, ruining our moment. And we found my father, no I meant principle, was standing on the door in our class. And just then I realized that the teacher stood awkwardly and Youngjae stopped writing. 

 
We immediately stood up, greeting the principle. I felt ashamed for the first time, but I felt Youngjae held my hand and squeezed it, assuring me. I looked at our hand and then to him. He looked at me, mouthing, “It’s okay.”
 
“Sorry for interrupting your lesson, Mr. Jang. But, I want Im Jaebum and Choi Youngjae in my office. NOW!” My father didn’t sound too pleased right now. In fact, he looked pissed off. Oh, well… he was the principle in the school and he was really strict to part school and family stuff. After summoned us, he turned his way. I looked at Youngjae and he smiled. I took a deep breath and muttering, “It’s okay.” 
 
Then, we both walked out from the class hand in hand.
 
~^^~


Thank you for reading, voting up, subscribing, and commenting.

I really appreacite your support, esp thru the comments.

Thank you. ^^

I hope you enjoy this chapter as well.

Hope to see you soon ^O^~