Ch. 12

Protecting You

~Protecting You~

[Youngjae's POV]


 

 

Soon, school is over. Junior, Mark, and Jackson had been questioning us for the rest of school time. We could only tell them that we were fine. And I really hoped I’ll be fine after I told Mr. Im my decision.

 
“Hey, I walk you to the orphanage, okay?” Jaebum hyung said as he helped me picked up my books.
 
“No, hyung. You should go home. I can walk alone.” I said, taking my books from him, but he didn’t let me. 
 
“Non sense. The last time I remember you walked alone, you disappeared for a week.” He said slyly, starting to walk out of class.
 
“I didn’t…” I mumbled. He stopped and turned his body to smile at me. I couldn’t not to return his smile.
 
“I miss Jaemin.” He simply said, taking my hand and dragging me with him. I stumbled a bit to match our steps.
 
The orphanage was a bit far from school, so we took bus because we didn’t have much time to prepare. Beside, I haven’t inform Jaemin about this dinner. I knew he would be really excited to eat with his beloved Jaebum hyung. Yes, Jaemin once told me that Jaebum hyung was one of his favorite hyung in this world.
 
We arrived at the orphanage. We greeted a few people who worked as volunteers there before going to my and Jaemin’s room. As I opened the door, Jaemin who played with his friends immediately shouting, “HYUUUUUNG!! Jaebum hyung!!” he got so excited to see Jaebum hyung that he went to run to hug him first instead of me. Lately, I’ve been used to his favoritism since we visited hospital a few days ago.
 
“I miss you, hyung!” Jaemin said excitedly, not letting Jaebum hyung go.
 
“I miss you too, little teddy!” Jaebum hyung replied him as he hugged Jaemin with one hand. I noticed this and immediately taking my book from his hand.
 
“Uh, sorry…” I said, walking to the nearest table to put my books and bag.
 
“Jaemin-ah… we will play outside, okay? Youngjae hyung is here now.” Jinhyuk, one of Jaemin’s friends said as he ran outside the room with the other two as soon as Jaemin nodded.
 
“Hyung, why your hand? Is it hurt?” Jaemin asked as he noticed Jaebum hyung’s right hand in bandage.
 
Jaebum hyung looked at me briefly before turning to Jaemin, smiling, “I hurt my hand while playing ball. Don’t worry. It’s not hurt.”
 
“Good~” Jaemin chimed as he took Jaebum hyung to sit on his bed. He then sat on his lap.
 
“Jaemin-ah… Jaebum hyung’s father invite us tohave dinner with them. You come with me?” I asked as I served Jaebum hyung a glass of orange juice.
 
“When?” Jaemin asked.
 
“Tonight. In my home, baby teddy~” Jaebum hyung answered, pinching his cheek.
 
“Alright, hyung! I’ll come with you!” he shouted excitedly.
 
“Good. Let’s prepare now!” I said as Jaemin hopped down from Jaebum hyung’s lap and ran to the bathroom.
 
“Hyung! I want to take a bath with you!” he yelled from bathroom.
 
“Okay. I am coming!” I yelled back.
 
“Uhm, hyung… you can leave if you want. I think it takes a few hours to get us ready.” I carefully said to him.
 
He shook his head as expected, “Nope. I will wait for you two. You can take your time with him, Jae. I am okay.” he said. I looked around nervously.
 
“Uhm… okay… if… of you are tired, take my bed, hyung. We’ll get ready as soon as I can.” I sheepishly said, taking my towel to join Jaemin in the bathroom.
 
We were done with showering. I hold Jaemin up as he still in his towel. I put him down on his bed and noticed that Jaebum hyung was sleeping.
 
“He looked tired, hyung…” Jaemin commented. I nodded, not answering his question. I helped Jaemin put his clothes when Jaebum hyung stirred up.
 
“You done?” he asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes as he yawned out loud, stretching his hands.
 
“Yes. Almost.” I said as I combed Jaemin’s hair. Jaemin played with his lips, making a weird face with it. I couldn’t help, but laugh out loud. He soon joined me laughing. I couldn’t help as I leaned in to kiss his lips and bumped our nose together.
 
“I love you, hyung.” Jaemin suddenly said.
 
I smiled at him, “I love you too, Jae~” I replied back.
 
“I love you too, baby~” Jaebum hyung suddenly said with a cute tone. I and Jaemin looked at him in amused before we burst out in laughter.
 
“I love you too, hyung~” Jaemin hugged him. I chuckled at them.
 
“Doesn’t it the right time to say the three words, baby?” Jaebum hyung asked me. Jaemin pulled away from him, “Baby?”
 
“Yes, baby…” he said. Jaemin looked at him confused, “Why did you call my hyung baby, Jaebum hyung? He isn’t baby anymore…” Jaemin commented cleverly.
 
“Because he is my baby~” Jaebum hyung chimed in excited tone.
 
“Uh?” Jaemin still looked confused.
 
“Jaemin-ah… you are done now. Spray your cologne.” I said, shifted Jaemin’s mind to other thing.
 
“Let me help you, baby teddy~” Jaebum hyung got his cologne and sprayed it as I walked back to bathroom to finish my shower and put clothes on.
 
I walked back to the room, drying my hair with towel as Jaebum hyung suddenly wrapped his hands on my waist, got me startled.
 
“H-hyung~” I whined in nervous tone.
 
“You smell good…” he said, kissing my open neck. I turned around, shocked, “Hyung!” I started to attack him, tickling him down.
 
He chuckled, “I am sorry. I can’t help it, baby. I am sorry~” he kept apologized.
 
“Jaebum hyung, your phone ring!” Jaemin stopped us from our childish doing. Jaebum hyung stood up and walked to Jaemin, taking his phone while I finished drying my hair and spray cologne.
 
“Hmmm… smell nice!” Jaebum hyung started again. I glared at him, pouting my lips.
 
“You’ve got nice choice for cologne, babe.” He said. I quickly checked my appearance as Jaebum hyung said, “My driver is already here. Let’s go!”
 
“What?” I asked, couldn't hear what he said.
 
“I said, my driver is here. He comes to pick us up. I called him while you were showering.” He said, picking up Jaemin and his bag.
 
“I can walk by myself, Jaebum hyung~” Jaemin whines. I chuckled as I checked for the last time before locking our room.
 
“I know. But, can’t you just enjoy this, Jae? I miss you, you know.” Jaebum hyung said in cute tone again as if he was hurt by Jaemin’s words. Jaemin chuckled, patting Jaebum hyung’s cheek before nodding and wrapped his little arms around Jaebum hyung’s neck. I walked beside them, taking a deep sigh, hoping a miracle to be happened tonight.
 
~^^~

 

We arrived at Jaebum hyung’s home in 40 minutes because of traffic jam. Jaemin was so excited. He asked about Jaebum hyung’s parents and asked him to show their picture. He commented that Jaebum hyung looked like his father a lot, but he resembled his mom while smiling. I couldn’t deny it.
 
Mr. Im and Mrs. Im greeted us as soon as we entered the house.
 
“Oh my God! Are you Youngjae?” Mrs. Im greeted us nicely, just like Junior and Mark hyung said. She was very nice lady. I bowed at them, “Yes, Ma’am. I am Youngjae.” I never said my first name in front of Jaemin because he would question it later as we got different first name.
 
“And this cutie must be Jaemin, right?” She greeted Jaemin with a warm smile and a little pinch on his cheeks. Jaemin’s cheeks turned a red from shyness, I guessed.
 
“Y-yes… I am Jaemin!” he said louder than he intended too, making the eldest laughed.
 
“Aww, cute!” She cooed. “Oh, and please call me ‘Mom’, I don’t look age enough to be called as ‘Ma’am’, right?” she smiled at us. We nodded.
 
“Let’s in. We can talk more in the living room while we wait for dinner time.” Mr. Im said. We all followed him behind. I could tell Jaemin was nervous because he hold my hand tightly.
 
“Nervous, baby?” I asked him in whisper. He looked up at me, nodding. Actually, I was nervous too, but I didn’t show it because what I was nervoused about was Jaebum hyung’s mother’s reaction to me. And I relieved that his mother was as nice as what Junior and Mark hyung said.
 
We all sat on the couch in the living room. Jaemin refused to sat alone, so he sat on my lap as he leaned his head on my chest, obviously nervous. Jaebum hyung sat next to me, closer than needed actually. As his parents sat next to each other on the next couch.
 
“Jaebum, sweety, go get ready before dinner. At least change your clothes.” His mother said. He looked at her reluctantly, pouting, “But, I want to join you all…” he said.
 
“Jaebum, obey your mom.” His father said. He unwillingly stood up, leaning close to give me a kiss on my cheek before dashing out to the second floor, “I’ll be right back sooner!” he yelled out loud. I could feel my face went red and my heart beat faster. I lowered my head as I couldn’t believe Jaebum hyung kissed me in front of his parents.
 
“Owh… our Jaebum is grown up!” his mother broke the silence. I shyly looked up at them, muttering, “I-I am s-sorry f-for that…”
 
“What did you say sorry for, honey?” his mother asked. I felt so embarrassed as I couldn’t look at her in the eyes.
 
“Oh, Jaebum should be sorry because he makes you all red like this.” Mr. Im said before let put a laugh. I was shocked at his reaction, so I looked at him, smiling faintly.
 
“Jaemin-ah… come here, baby… I think your hyung wants to talk to daddy, so let’s help me finding some snacks, baby~” Mrs. Im stood up as she reached out her hands to pick Jaemin. Jaemin turned his head to me. I nodded at him, “Go.”
 
He hesitantly pulled out his hands. He looked at me nervously as he was being picked out by Mrs. Im.
 
“My wife always loves children. She once was a children nurse. Don’t worry about Jaemin. He will be fine.” Mr. Im said. 
 
I nodded my head slightly, feeling more relieved as he assured me.
 
“My wife… She was so excited to meet you and Jaemin. As soon as Mr. Kim told us about Jaebum’s new friend, she got excited about you and kept asking me to invite you to come over. At first, we just thought that Jaebum likes to keep you closer to him because you are friends, but when he hospitalized, we realized that maybe… maybe you meant more than friend for him. So, my wife told me to meet you. He has been curious about you. We know Jaebum by our heart even though we didn’t always stay at home, but he is our one and only son, so yeah…” Mr. Im paused. I shifted on my seat to hear better.
 
“Honestly, Youngjae-ah… I’ve been taking interest with you since I read your applicant files. But, I have an image that I should maintain as headmaster.” He said. Not too long, Jaebum hyung joined us again as he now wore his casual clothes and looked so much fresher than before.
 
“Hey, what are you guys talking about?” he asked as he plopped down beside me. I pinched his tight. 
 
“Ow, baby. That’s hurt!” he winced.
 
“Mind your words, hyung. You talk to your dad.” I muttered. He shrugged it off. Suddenly, Mr. Im laughed. We all looked at him then at Mrs. Im and Jaemin who entered the living room brough some snacks.
 
“What’s so funny, yeobo?” she asked his husband. Jaemin ran to me and sat on my lap again.
 
“You know… Our Jaebum finally met his opponent, yeobo.” Mr. Im said in between his laugh. We all looked at him confused.
 
And like someone lit the bulb, Mrs. Im joined him too, “Mom? Dad?” Jaebum hyung called them in amused.
 
“I know he choose the right person to be with…” Mrs. Im suddenly said. “Ooow, my Jaebum has grown up now~ Come here, baby~” she waved at Jaebum hyung who went to his mother hesitantly. Mrs. Im immediately pulled him in to hug as he stood near enough.
 
“Mom, stop it! You make me embarrassed in front of my boyfriend and his brother~” Jaebum hyung cutely whined as he being squeezed by his mother. I couldn’t help but join to chuckled.
 
“Hey, baby, you dare to laugh at me!” he snapped me out as he pulled away from his mother embrace.
 
“N-no, hyung. Sorry.” I said, hugging Jaemin tighter.
 
“Youngjae-ah… I am glad that Jaebum met you. Finally, someone can control him. He isn’t bad boy, just sometimes he can be very rude and I have a very hard times to control him. But, I see that you can easily control him.” Mrs. Im said. I still looked at them confused. Jaebum hyung already sat beside me again.
 
“Yes, Youngjae. This morning, from the video, I notice that he really cared about you and he really really listen to you well… I really hope you can make him to be a better person. Jinyoung, Mark, and Jackson are already tire to control him.” Mr. Im added, making me realized what they said and laughed about. I sheepishly nodded, not knowing how to replied their words.
 
“Hyung?” Jaemin called me. I looked at him, “Yes, Jae?”
 
“What is boyfriend?” he suddenly asked, making me shocked. “Errrrmmm…” I found it hard to explain.
 
“You and Jaebum hyung are boyfriend. What does it mean?” he asked again.
 
“Boyfriend means someone you loved,baby teddy… It’s between boy and boy. I love your hyung and your hyung loves me too. So, I am his boyfriend.” Jaebum hyung tried to explain.
 
“Huh? So, I am hyung’s boyfriend too, right? I love hyung and hyung loves me too. We are boys.” He said innocently, showing his intelligent side. All of us burst out laugh.
 
“Awww~ Jaemin-ah, you are so cute…” Mrs. Im said.
 
“No… no… no… you and hyung are brothers, not boyfriend. You are sibling while I have no kind of relationship with your hyung. Our first name are different.” Jaebum hyung said again.
 
“But, my first name is different with hyung too~” Jaemin replied. His words got me very shoked, “Jaemin-ah!”
 
“That’s right, hyung? Jinhyung hyung told me that yours is Choi and mine is Jung. It’s different, right?” he asked. I couldn’t say any words as I pulled him in to hug, muttering sorry.
 
“It’s okay, hyung. You are my hyung. My Youngjae hyung~” Jaemin said. I could feel all of eyes were on me.
 
I pulled away, “I am sorry…” I said softly. “For not telling you sooner.”
 
Jaemin shook his head, “I love you. Not I am sorry, hyung.” he said.
 
“Hey, baby teddy, where did you got those words?” Jaebum hyung asked.
 
“Mrs. Lee told me every morning when we prayed.” He said.
 
“Youngjae-ah… Jaemin is so clever. Actually, how old is he?” Mr. Im asked.
 
“Four years now, Sir.” I answered. “He always plays with his older friends and he is close with orphanage’s family. I guessed he learned so much there.” They all nodded.
 
“By the way, Youngjae-ah… have you made decision?” Mr. Im asked, reminded me of my decision.
 
“Ah, yes, Sir. I’ve made decision.”
 
“What’s that, Jae? Why didn’t you tell me before?” Jaebum hyung asked. There was a disappointment in his voice.
 
As I was about to answer him, Mrs. Im interrupted, “It’s time for dinner. Let’s talk while we are on dinner, Youngjae-ah. Jaemin-ah… Are you come with me?” she asked. Jaemin immediately hopped down from my lap. I could tell he was already comfortable with Mrs. Im which was making me happy.
 
~^^~


I hope you enjoy this little chapter.

I want you to know that I really really love reading your comments.

So, leave your comments if you don't mind. I'll be very glad!

See you very soon ^O^~