Ch. 10

Protecting You

~Protecting You~

[Youngjae's POV]


 

I was still waiting for Jaebum hyung to come. Honestly, I didn’t know why I didn’t leave first to the class. Maybe because Jaebum hyung said to wait for him or maybe because I didn’t feel like walking alone to the class now. However, I was all alone now. I played game on my phone boredly as I thought about the choice again. I’ve decided and I should tell Jaebum hyung this time or he would be angry with me for keeping another secret. Jaebum hyung was caring for me, so I should do the same.
 
I was startled a bit when I heard a footstep and a familiar voice calling for my name, “Youngjae-ah…” I looked up and saw Taecyeon hyung slowly walked closer to me. I found myself walking back little by little, keeping a good distant with him.
 
“Finally I got to see you…” he said in a strange tone as he walked closer. I kept backing away from him. “Youngjae-ah…” he called me again.
 
As in cue, I put my hands above my chest, defending myself, “I need to talk to you.” he said again. I found my body freeze because of his strange words and tone. He never talked like this to me before.
 
“Youngjae-ah… Say something…” he said again. I looked at him anxiously as I tightened my hands around my body. 
 
“W-what… w-what do you w-want?” I stuttered. I had feeling to scream and shout so Jaebum hyung could hear me. But, as soon as I was about to scream, Taecyeon hyung ‘s words got me silence, “I want to apologize.”
 
“Huh?” I stared at him confused as if I heard wrong.
 
“I… I was sorry for what I have done to you. I am sorry, Youngjae-ah…” he said again. I heard him right. But, why I didn’t feel anything?
 
“W-what?” I asked, stuttering.
 
“Youngjae-ah…” he came closer to me as I took steps back until I hit the wall, got nowhere to go.
 
“S-stop! I-I said stop!” I said in whispered as he obeyed me. I didn’t understand.
 
“Youngjae-ah… I am sorry. Would you… would you forgive me? Please?” he seemed so sincere apologizing to me. But, I couldn’t let myself fall for that. What if he only joked with me?
 
I kept silence. He started to explain everything as he took a deep sigh, “I-I know it’s so sudden and probably you thought that I was joking. But, I wasn’t. And I am not, Youngjae-ah. What I have done to you when I was drunk that time… I really really sorry… I wasn’t in my clear mind and I really couldn’t control myself. I am sorry.” He paused. I kept silence, listening to him.
 
“Youngjae-ah… I’ve been crazy these past days since you disappeared a week ago. I didn’t realize it back then. But, now I am sure about my feelings. You really drive me crazy, Youngjae-ah…” he said, staring hard at me. I couldn’t understand his words.
 
“W-what do y-you m-mean? What f-feeling are you t-talking about?” I asked, afraid for what I would hear.
 
“I… I t-think I’m in love with y-you.” he finally said the words that I’ve been afraid of.
 
“W-what?” I pretended to not hear him. How could I don’t know when he already confessed to me while he was drunk and forcefully kissed me that time?
 
“I love you, Youngjae-ah…” he said again. Since he was sober this time, I only let my mouth to open and close without any words. I didn’t know what I should say…
 
After a moment of silence, I had the courage to say something. “S-sorry, hyung. B-but… I… I don’t know if you are joking or not…”
 
“No, I am not. I am serious!” he snapped, cutting my words.
 
I took a deep sigh, but still tightened my arms around my body, “… Well… uhm, I am sorry, but I love another person. I… I am with Jaebum hyung now. And I love him.” I said with full of confidence, making sure he got what I meant. 
 
“I know I didn’t have any chance against Jaebum. But… Youngjae-ah… could you please forgive me so I can live happily again? I’ve been in hell ever since I started bullying you… I’ve been… honestly, I’ve been falling for you since…”
 
“Stop, hyung! I don’t want to hear anymore!” I said a bit louder at him, stopping his words. He immediately stopped. We fell in a good silence again until I heard Chansung’s voice in the distant calling Taecyeon hyung.
 
“Oh, hi… pretty boy!” he greeted me. I was terrified again as he walked closer to me. I walked sidedly as I couldn’t back away.
 
“If you are having fun with him, why don’t you ask me too, Taecyeon-ah?” he said, letting a devilish smirk.
 
“I just have a little talk with him, Chansung-ah.”
 
“A little talk? About what? I can’t let him go… without having fun a little, right? Taecyeon?” he smirked at me before turning to look at Taecyeon. Taecyeon hyung looked at me deeply. I was pleading with my eyes, shaking my head repeatedly.
 
“Should we have fun, young boy? I see no one around here… no boyfriend too, right?” he said as he walked closer to me. All of his friends laughed loudly. I kept walked sidedly until I bumped with a firm chest.
 
“What are you doing here?” Jaebum hyung’s voice bombed in the hall way. I turned myself to him. He looked at me. We stared for a while. Jaebum hyung grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, “Are you okay? Did they hurt you?” he scanned my body to search for any hurts. I shook my head, not believing my voice at this time. He hid me behind his back protectively.
 
“I asked, what are you doing here?” he repeated his question to the gang. I felt my body trembled by fear which I didn’t know why. I shouldn’t be scare now because Jaebum hyung was with me. So, I tightened the hold on his hand as I stuck my body close to him. 
 
“Hi, JB! Got any punishment from your daddy?” one of his gang mocked him. I felt Jaebum hyung’s chest rising up as his breath became heavier.
 
“H-hyung…” I mumbled against his back.
 
“Huh. As expected from a group of dumb asses… you didn’t learn from the event this morning. Maybe I should hit you for real this time…” Jaebum hyung threatened. I didn’t dare to look up. I kept my head leaned on his back.
 
“You wanna fight with me again, JB? Sure, why not? I will make sure that you will hurt so bad this time. You and your ing boyfriend will begging on your knees.” Chansung said. Jaebum hyung’s breath got heavier by the time.
 
“Stop it!” Taecyeon hyung warned in muffled voice.
 
“Well… well… well… we just want to have a little fun with his baby boyfriend, Taecyeon-ah. JB, you should share him with us too… don’t keep him to yourself, JB. You can’t enjoy him alone, JB. Share him with us… Hey, Youngjae! How much JB paid for you, huh? I can pay more than h--” I heard a loud thud as I felt Jaebum hyung released his hold on my hand.
 
“NO! HYUNG!” I thought Jaebum hyung hit Chansung hyung again, but as I realized the situation, Jaebum hyung stood there, still not too far from my spot and what I saw was Chansung hyung was on the ground wincing in pain caressing his cheek as Taecyeon hyung stood in front of him with a fist and heavy breaths.
 
“WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!” The principle came out the door and shouted at us. I began sobbing, couldn’t control my emotion again. Jaebum hyung immediately wrapped his arms around me and soothing my back, calming me down.
 
“Youngjae-ah… baby… sshh… don’t cry… I am here. It’s okay, baby… Don’t cry please…” he whispered sweet nothing to my ear. I shifted a bit and sobbed harder on his chest.
 
“You all, except Jaebum and Youngjae, come in. NOW!” The principle commanded them. I could feel they walked passed me.
 
“Youngjae-ah… I am sorry…” I heard a faint whispered from Taecyeon hyung, but I couldn’t lift my head to look at him. I didn’t know what I feel about him.
 
“Youngjae-ah… It’ll be okay. Trust me.” I felt a light tap on my back and a soothing voice of the principle. I tightened my arms around Jaebum hyung.
 
“Jaebum-ah… take him somewhere.” He ordered. Jaebum hyung nodded and not too long I heard the door being closed.
 
“Baby? Hey… look at me, sunshine…” he called me. I let some hiccups as I slowly lifted my head.
 
“S-sorry… I-I w-wet y-your s-shirt.” I said, hands still clutching to his shirt. Jaebum hyung smiled at me, “No matter. Come with me…” he took my hand and squished it lightly.
 
“I…”
 
“Can you walk?” he asked. I was about to reply when he suddenly pulled me to his back and made me hop on his back. He piggy back me.
 
“H-hyuuung…” I said embarrassedly. 
 
“I’ll take you to heaven, angel…” he softly said as he walked slowly, like enjoying the moment. I blushed at his new nickname for me and because I was on his back with my arms stiffly wrapped around his neck.
 
“Relax, baby…” he said. And I found my body was more relax as I leaned close to him.
 
~^^~


another chapter is coming up!