Ch. 2

Protecting You

~Protecting You~


 

Day by day passed by and not once I saw Youngjae out of class except for going to bathroom. Every time I asked him if he got his lunch, he always nodded. He was shy and quiet, not really sociable. 
 
It’s been more than a month and I never saw him hang out with someone. He was alone. After the lunch time, I always see him writing something. I still didn’t know what he wrote until one day I found him in the class still writing and there were around five people came for him, they were known as big bullies in the school. I hid myself and listening to what they said. 
 
Apparently, they forced Youngjae to do all their homework. Youngjae looked really scared as he muttering, “Sorry, I’ll finish it soon. Just give me some more times.” They waited there as Youngjae kept writing. When he finished, they took their books and one of them slapped Youngjae. I gasped wanting to run to Youngjae, but I couldn’t move my body, too shocked to move.
 
“Tomorrow you better finished it hurry. Or I will reveal your secret to the entire school, young boy!” He said as they walked out of class. I still hid. When they were out of my sight, I immediately run to Youngjae, but he was gone.
 
~^^~
 
 
The next day, Youngjae came to school a bit late. Well, in fact, he was late since his first day. As he sat down, I noticed a bruise on his left cheek. I knew it because the slap yesterday. I bravely approach him and asked his condition and where he got the bruise. He said that he fell down at home and he was okay. I worried about him. I took a glance over him all of the time. I really worried about him. 
 
And when it was lunch time, I approached him asking him to come with me, he hesitant a bit, watching my best friends. I knew that he didn’t like crowd so I asked Jackson, Mark, and Junior to go to cafeteria without me.
 
After they left, I asked him again to come with me. He forced me to go said that he got something to do. I refused, of course. I wanted to accompany him. I said that if he didn’t want to go, I wouldn’t go either. I thought he would pity me by giving up and come to have lunch with me, but instead he just took some books and began writing. 
 
I sighed, sat on my chair with my head on my table. I kept staring at him, but I guessed he didn’t even realize that I stared. Not too long, the five bullies came to the class. I watched as Youngjae began trembling on his chair as he tried his hardest to write everything faster. Before they approached him, I pulled my chair beside him and took his hand away.
 
“Stop.” I said. He looked at me questionably.
 
“I said stop, Youngjae.” I sternly took his hand to stop him from writing, taking the books away. The five approached us. I stood up and faced them, throwing the books. They shocked.
 
“You all, stop bothering him! Your homework is what you have to do, not him. If anyone of you came to him again, I will make sure that someone will be suffered for the rest of the semester.” I threatened them calmly enough to scare them.
 
They looked scared and took their books away as they left without a single word. They were the big bullies, but in this school I was the biggest bullies. Because I was the son of the principal and I learned how to fight and never lose. Everyone in this school knows me well.
 
I took my sit back and faced Youngjae whose mouth hang open. I took his hand, too nervous to realize that his hand was so warm and his face was red. He looked at me.
 
“Youngjae-ah, if any of students, whoever, bullied you again. Tell me. Come to me. I will protect you.” I smiled assuring him. He nodded.
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Not thank you. You have to promise me that you will tell me.” I said as I took his phone from his pocket and dialed my number. I saved my number at his phone.
 
“Now, you have my number. Call me whenever you want. Okay?” I gave back his phone. He took it. And once again, the bell rang. Well, at least I have his number now.
 
I looked at him as he kept staring down at his phone, not really budging as the teacher started the lesson. It got me worried.
 
“Hey, are you okay?” I asked him in lower tone. He didn’t reply.
 
“Hey…” I asked again, a bit loud. He was still staring at his phone.
 
“Youngjae-ah…” I called his name as I tapped his hand lightly. He jolted up, causing the teacher to ask him, “Yes, Youngjae-shi? Any question?”
 
He looked around at the class as they all waited for his answer, “Uhm… I… I… bathroom, Sir.” He immediately dashed off the classroom after receiving an okay from the teacher.
 
I followed him behind, “Me too. Bathroom, Sir.”
 
I followed Youngjae, trying to catch his steps, “Youngjae-ah! Wait me!” I ran a bit to match his pace.
 
“Hey…” I grabbed his hand. He looked at me. I couldn’t read his expression.
 
“Youngjae-ah… Are you okay?” I asked him worriedly as we arrived at the bathroom. I didn’t know why, but I thought that we need some privacy time. So, I locked the door. 
 
Youngjae was leaning against the sink as his head lowered. I approached him as I heard he was muttering, “What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?”
 
“Hey!” I kindly grabbed his shoulder, so he lifted his face and stared hard at me.
 
“What should I do?” he pleaded. 
 
“Huh? Why?”
 
“Now, Taecyeonhyung and his friends will come to me. And… and… what if… what if… they revealed my secret? Oh my God. No nono… I should apologize to them.” He muttered unconsciously. It took me some more time to realize that he was trembling in fear.
 
Secret?
 
“Youngjae-ah…” I called him in whisper.
 
He didn’t answer me, instead holding his phone tighter. Feeling worriedly sick, I snatched his phone and open the last message.
 
Taecyeon hyung:
You better get ready for tomorrow. I will make your life in this school like a hell. You better remember what I know about you and your beloved baby brother.
 
“Is he being threatened? Oh !”
 
“Youngjae-ah, look at me!” I snapped him from his daydreaming.
 
He looked at me, scared, “Oh, I am sorry for shouting at you.” I apologized.
 
I took his hand and squeezed it, “Youngjae-ah… don’t worry. He won’t do anything to you. I… I… uhm… I will protect you!” I stated. 
 
~^^~
 


I really hope you like this chapter. ^^"