Ch. 1

Protecting You

~Protecting You~


 

It’s just like another day in school. All the students came early in the morning. Some of them came with full of passion and spirit to take the lessons, some of them came to meet friends and hang out, and some of them just came because they had to.
 
High school is never end. They said. In High School I met my friends, my best friends: Junior, Mark, Jackson, Yugyeom, and Bambam. I knew Junior since Elementary School. Then, in the Junior High School, I met Mark. And in 1st grade of High School I met Jackson. We almost hang out together every day. We knew each other so well. Then, on our last grade of High School, I met Yugyeom and Bambam. They were bright kids who loved dancing. Well, we all loved dancing. I did some b-boy since Junior High School.
 
It was just like any other days, I guessed. I woke up to the sound of my mother’s yell, got ready for school, ate my breakfast sleepily, and went to school with Junior. It was just another same day in school, or so I thought until I saw an angel running down to earth. Literally running while mumbling, “I am late, I am late.”
 
He stopped in front of me and Junior, clutching his chest, tried to arrange his breath. I let a breath that I held, unconsciously.
 
“Oh, excuse me. But, I have to go to the teacher office. Could you tell me where it is?” he asked me and Junior, smiling awkwardly yet so bright that could make me blind just by his smile. I kept my eyes on fix on him, couldn’t take my eyes of him. I scanned his body from head to toe as Junior explained to him.
 
He mumbled a thank you before running out from my sight. My eyes still kept following him until he disappeared.
 
“Hey, we will be late if we are not going now, JB.” Junior nugged me pulling me back to reality.
 
“What was that?” I muttered it to myself eventually Junior heard it as he said, “What? What was that?” I looked at him, shook my head, “Nothing. Let’s go.” I walked passed him going to class with full thought of that certain brunette and his smile and his mole under his right eye. 
 
~^^~
 
 
I arrived in the class just in time. When I sat down, the bell rang. We sat in the back. Junior sat beside Mark in front of me while Jackson sat on my left. I heard Jackson, Mark, and Junior chatted happily as I was zoning in and out, still thinking about the brown haired boy that I met just now. I looked at the clock on the wall, it has been10 minutes since the bell and the teacher hadn’t come yet. It’s a bit odd because usually our teacher had been standing by before the bell rang. 
 
Not too long, the door of our class being opened. Our teacher came with a boy following behind him. And if I was a fool, I would have fallen down from my chair. He was the angel no I mean the boy that asking me and Junior about the teacher office. When I looked at him again, I was sure that he was younger than me or maybe because he had baby face? I kept staring at him, paid really close attention to him as he introduced his self.
 
“Attention, class! We’ve got a new classmate here. Go introduce yourself.” Mr. Kim ordered him. He scanned the class briefly, taking a deep sigh before giving us an awkward smile.
 
“Hello. My name is Choi Youngjae. You can call me Youngjae. I was born on 1996. That’s all. Nice too meet you and hope we can get along well. Thank you.” I watched as he bowed to class.
 
“I know you all questioned about his age. Yes, he is younger than all of you, but just knowing that he is smart enough to be here as he skips a year in junior high school and a year in high school.” Mr. Kim told us with an admiring face towards the boy.
 
There was a loud of “Wow~” from every corner of the class. Mr. Kim clapped his hands to get our attention back, “I know, it’s a bit impressive, right?” he smiled to Youngjae.
 
“Are you kidding me, Sir? He is awesome!” –Jackson exclaimed loudly. The teacher gave him a glare. “Uh, sorry, Sir.” He quickly mumbled. I watched as Youngjae chuckled a little.
 
“Treat him good, you all. Youngjae, you can sit beside Jaebum, in the only empty seat. Okay, let’s start the class.” Mr. Kim said. I look around to the class as Mr. Kim told he would sit beside me and indeed, no chair available except beside me. 
 
I prepared myself and took a deep breath as I saw Youngjae walked towards me and smiled before sat down. I didn’t know what to do as I just lowered my head. My heart was beating so fast.
 
~^^~
 
 
“Ah, my head hurts!” Jackson groaned.
 
“Hey, let’s get our lunch and meet with Yugyeom and Bambam!” Mark stood up and grabbed Junior hand as they walked out of class, Jackson followed from behind. I stood up not before I took a look at Youngjae who was still busy with the lesson.
 
“Hey, are you not getting any lunch?”  I asked him casually, trying to be friendly. I ignored my heart beats.
 
He looked up at me and smiled shyly before answering, “No. I will probably go later.” I nodded my head, sighed.
 
The lunch time was almost up and I didn’t see any sign of Youngjae entering the cafeteria. Usually, I never really paid attention to the student in the cafeteria, but now I found myself keep looking at the cafeteria door. 
 
“JB hyung, are you waiting for someone?” –Yugyeom asked.
 
“Huh? No. Why?”
 
“You keep staring at the front door, you know.”
 
“He is in love, guys. Let him.” Junior stated as he munched his bread. The other yelped. 
 
“What? Are you really? Oh, perhaps that new student?” Jackson exclaimed. I just shrugged it off.
 
“No wonder.” Mark said.
 
“What?” I muttered.
 
“You kept staring at him since his first step to the class, Jae.” Mark pointed out.
 
“I… didn’t…” I mumbled, not really believing my voice.
 
“Oh, yeah…” he mocked me. I glared at him, “Yah!”
 
“Look, if you really interested with that new boy, you should at least try to change your attitude, JB.” He casually said, taking a sip from his drink. I watched him dumfounded.
 
“Mark is right, hyung.” Junior added. I looked at him questionably.
 
“Well… from the way you stared at him, I can say that… uhm… it’s a bit intimidating yet sweet.” He said, making all of them laugh.
 
“Shut up!” I groaned, finished my drink. And with that the bell rang again. We all stood up, left the cafeteria to our class.
 
In the class, I saw Youngjae still writing something, but he quickly closed it when he sensed us near him. I asked him if he got his lunch and he just nodded. He was really mysterious. And somehow, that made me want to know him more.
 
~^^~
 


I really hope you like the first chapter.

I really want to finish this old story before continuing to my other story

which I've writen after my previous story.

That's it. Tell me what you think! ^O^~