Friends?

You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was all Jungkook’s fault that Yeri was on another of her spacing out moments. Once again she wondered if she really made the right choice. She can just kiss him right then and there then she wouldn’t have any problem to think about now. But then as days passes by, she thought that right, maybe it is better to give or receive three kisses on the cheeks than to do it on the lips. She thinks that it has a more special meaning when you kiss someone on the lips since you really can’t do that to just any person. She only want to give that kind of kiss to her future boyfriend.
Isn’t it obvious that I really like you?
Yeri takes a deep breath and close her eyes tightly as those exact words from Jungkook ranged inside her head. She was really sure the guy was just making fun of her. She shouldn’t trust what he has told her. Who knows, the guy must have told those exact words to a lot of girls before. And honestly Yeri knows that there was really nothing special about her for the guy to like her when they just met. Jungkook was just playing with her because maybe he finds it fun and because she’s easy and that’s why he was also blackmailing her now.
You gave me your consent, remember?
He's such a --Yeri doesn’t realize that she was in the process of hitting her head with the palm of her hand when she was startled by a hand on her shoulder.
“Yah. You’re being weird again.”
Yeri instantly paled as she opened her eyes and saw her group of friends looking at her like she was a rare alien species. She lets out an awkward laugh.
“Sorry.”she muttered bashfully hoping they will just let it pass.
But Yura just removed her hand on her shoulder and then place her chin on it as she continue to look at her weirdly. Yeri doesn’t know what to say in this kind of situation or what kind of excuse to make so she just smiled sheepishly but the stares they were giving her now made her smile fades instantly. Luckily, Minah speaked.
“It’s about Wendy unnie right?”
Yeri darted her gaze to the girl.
“You two seemed to have a problem going on when you arrive at school this morning?”
Yeri's mind wandered back to that early morning, Minah has pointed out.
“Y-yes. We do have…some kind of…misunderstanding.”
Well it is not actually what she was thinking just a few seconds ago but what Minah said is actually true. Next to Jungkook it was what her sister’s words that were also bugging her lately.It was just a normal sibling fight though. Well normal because it has become a normal occurrence to Yeri and her sister.
“I…Unnie yelled...at me this morning.” At least that was the truth.”And I yelled back and I now realized that I was wrong for doing that.”
“What about?”One of the girls asked and Yeri chewed on her bottom lip hesitating to talk about that issue more. Because it was actually about Minah again as usual. Turned out her sister has crossed path with Sojin yesterday at the mall and told Wendy for Yeri to stay away from Minah. Yeri really doesn't know what the two of them have to do with the older girls fight. It's not like Minah was like her cousin at all. At least that's what Yeri was trying to believe.
“It’s fine if you don’t want to talk about it.”Minah once again saved her while sipping on the straw of her orange juice. Maybe she had a clue that it was about her since she was Sojin’s cousin after all or maybe she don’t know. The point is Yeri was really seeing Minah in a different light now eversince that incident on their vacation. If that incident really didn't happened, Yeri will believe with no doubt that the girl in front of her was genuine on her friendship towards her”But you should apologize okay. She’s still your sister.” She thinks Minah is really nice.
Yeri just smiled relieved and nodded at the girl while the other groaned maybe because of failing to inquire more of what they thought was a gossip worthy news from Yeri. Because come on, Yeri yelling at her sister? When everyone in school well mostly was intimidated by just Wendy’s presence and doesn’t talk back whenever the girl was angry, her younger sister who was always soft spoken was actually the one who will yell at the older girl?
“Yura can you get me more juice?” Suddenly Minah asked. Yeri eyed the juice Minah was drinking and it was really about to get emptied.
“I’ll go.”
Yeri was quick to stand up and volunteered. But she was taken aback because of instead Yura smiling at her for doing the task which Yura usually has done not so willingly before Yeri came into their group, the girl grimaced and just resumed back to eating without looking at her. Yeri wondered if it was wrong that she did that. She scolded herself even though she doesn’t know what she did wrong. But she still decided to go get the juice for Minah anyway. Yet even before she can really go far, she caught sight of what was ahead of her.
Maybe she really shouldn’t have volunteered at all.
Yeri cursed inwardly when she saw Jungkook on a table where she was supposed to pass by to get to the line for the juice Minah wants. It was not like the guy was not literally behind her back during class all this time. But Yeri was alone and not walking with her friends. It was also not like she has never been alone with him before but—
“Hi Yeri!”
Jungkook shouted and even waved a hand at her. The guy was always so weirdly cheerful during lunch time or the moment they were out of the classroom. Yeri told herself that it was just normal. Maybe the guy was really too focused on studying inside their classroom even though she can’t deny that feeling of someone boring holes at the back of her head from time to time during class. Yeri was always uncomfortable around Jungkook and she obviously has every reason to be.
It’s been a week already that Yeri was being tortured of the thought of the three kisses. There were no signs or traces of him asking for it or giving it. Maybe because Yeri managed to really avoid him most of the time yet the thought of having those pending kisses made Yeri more nervous around him. Part of her really just wants all of this to end quickly so she wouldn’t have anything to do with the guy anymore.
“Hey Jungkook listen to us. I’m asking if you’re coming with us—“
“Yeah—Sure…“
When Jungkook turned his head to face the guys who were talking to him, Yeri decided that it was the best time to walk pass him. So she forced her feet to walk faster and tried in vain to get passed his table without the guy noticing him. She will worry about going back later. But as she was really about to pass by his table, she felt a hand grab her wrist.
“Where are you going?”
Yeri groaned inwardly and for a few seconds tried to pry her arm from his hold. But of course he didn’t let go. She thought it will be more awkward if she didn’t look at him so she did and with a force smile she answered.
“J-juice.”
O…kay that was not awkward.
She literally just answered with that one word and still stuttered at that. The guys beside Jungkook who she only noticed by now was their classmates too looks like fighting off a giggle while looking at her. While Jungkook. She will really kill him if he laughs at her right now. Yeri can feel her cheeks heat up already.
To her relief Jungkook just smiled.
“Cute.”
But then she freaking called her cute.
“You’re really cute.”
To her distate he even repeated it again. Yeri tried to wriggle off her hand from his hold once again as the two guys with Jungkook started laughing already while teasing Jungkook for what they said as his obvious flirting towards her. Yeri really didn’t sign up for this.
“I’m going.” Yeri hissed hoping that Jungkook would let go of her now. But instead the guy just slids down his hand from her wrist only to hold Yeri’s hand before he stood up.
“I’m getting one too”He told Yeri, still with that bunny smile before turning to look at his friend.”Do you guys want some?”
The two guys shook their heads and instead just teased Jungkook even more. Jungkook who was still holding her hand just shakes his head with a laugh before finally leading Yeri away from that table and lead them into the line. Yeri still tried to wriggle off his hold but Jungkook was persistent even though Yeri was openly glaring at him by now. A few students stare but some just ignored them. Okay there’s no big deal. Yeri tried to breathe and tells herself that it is okay. They were just holding hands and it’s just normal even for a girl and a guy to do that. Right? Friends do that. But Yeri was not friends with Jungkook.
Yeri still just tried to shrug it off as even when they were finally at the line, the guy was still holding onto her hand tightly. She gave up. That is until her eyes darted around and stopped at her sisters table. Wendy was leaning onto her boyfriend Jin and whispering something while looking seriously at Yeri. The guy whispered back and then her sister nodded but Yeri can’t decipher what her sister was thinking.
Yeri somehow had a bad feeling about it.

Yeri was telling the truth when she said that she has managed to avoid Jungkook most of the time, throughout the short span of a week. But the incident at the canteen that she somehow didn’t have a chance to avoid just have to happen when Minah and her friends were watching.
“He’s really into you and he’s not even trying to hide it.”
It was their P.E class and they were now in their P.E uniform as Yura said that all of a sudden. Of all their friends she wondered why she was the one who brings that up when their other friends kept mum about it. It was like on instinct when Yeri quickly look at Minah. The girl was serious while tying her shoelaces but she obviously was hearing what Yura was telling Yeri.
“I think he’s just friendly?”
Yeri really didn’t intend to make it sound like a question. She scolded herself.
“I think he’s just friendl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter