Guilt

You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did she really just lie to Minah?

Yeri became restless through the remainder of the class not only because of what was bound to happen when the bell rings but also because she really have no choice but to stick to her lies now. She remembered exactly what Yura has told her when she asked why they were suddenly cold to Hyeri. It is to the point that the girl chooses to sit with others at lunch, when even though the girl really just has a lot of other friends she has always sat with them before. Everytime Hyeri would try to sit at their table Minah will give her dirty looks as she seemed to be always irked about the girl’s presence.

She lied to us of spending summer vacation with her family but then we saw pictures of her on instagram being in Jinah’s beach resort. You know, Minah hate liars the most.

Considering Yeri was still trying to fit in with Minah’s clique and the only reason why she was able to spend the summer with them is because of Hyeri backing out at the last minute. If just a single lie could make them drop a friend like that, wouldn’t it be just the same for her then?

I stayed the night with a friend, Yeri remembered what she told them before.

I don’t know him, and yes how she denied ever knowing the guy who actually saved her.

Yeri lied because she was really not ready upon seeing Jungkook, but now she can’t take back those words anymore. What good will it do if she confessed about her sin now? If she told them she knew Jungkook she still need to explain how, and she will have to bring up the fact that he is ‘the friend who is actually a stranger’ she slept with. It will become worse, and to think that she lied to them twice. But—

“Yeri let’s go”

Minah sat on top of Yeri’s desk and look down at her. Yeri’s eyes widened a bit as she starts to look around seeing everyone in the class already standing up from their seat. Maybe she was too occupied to notice that the bell has rung for the last period. She automatically wished her sister would pick her up this time, knowing that they will have no say when it comes to her sister. She will be the best excuse. But her Seokjin oppa has been helping her lately so that she can hang out with her friends more after class.

So, yes she guessed this is really it. She’s doomed.

The guy stood at the front gate, herds of students passing by him but he’s not paying them any attention. His eyes were busy looking around as if he’s searching for someone while his hands were jammed on his pocket. Yeri finds herself just staring at him. Until like earlier when she first saw him at the hallway, as if the guy exactly knew he was being stared at, without a warning he looked in her direction. Yeri has finally locked eyes with him, maybe too sudden that she hicupped at the impact of his gaze towards her even from afar.

He didn’t yell to call her as his face broke into a smile, and neither did Yeri but she didn’t smiled back. Still Minah of course will notice him sooner anyway, and she will be forced to meet him.

“Oh there he is!” And that sooner is exactly right now as Minah waved at him.

The other girls and Yura giggled and whispered about the guy who was smiling from afar, the smile that Yeri may have find really cute too if not for the situation she was in right now. She mentally noted that she has made this up herself. Maybe she was really that dumb unlike her sister Wendy.

Minah has linked arms with her and Yeri realized that the girl has let go of Yura’s arm in the process. Yeri quickly noticed how Yura’s expression changes.

“Girls you go first to the mall. We’ll just have a quick talk with that guy over there” Minah has a smile plastered on her face and her pretty eyesmile as usual.

“Then what’s the point in dragging us here?” Yenny whines “Selfish as usual”

“We wanna talk to him too” the rest nodded but Yura was the only one who agreed with Minah gently as she gently pushed the other girls.

“Stop it girls. We’ll just wait for you at the foodcourt Minah. You won’t take that long right?”

Minah hummed and Yeri forced a smile when she shot her a look, suddenly feeling small under her gaze even though Minah was not the kind of girl who can make anyone feel intimidated when she was smiling especially, well except for her since she’s guilty about something.

“If Jungkook says he doesn’t know Yeri” the girl even pats her arm”Then there would be nothing to talk anymore.”

“I really don’t know him” Yeri can’t believe she has actually repeated those words”It’s my first time seeing him Minah” Especially right in front of his face.

Yeri knew that if they were not out here surrounded by noisy students rushing out ouf the school, it would’ve been awfully quiet. She can’t look at him so she looked at Minah instead, and the girl must have noticed how she never really looked directly at him until now.

“Tell him that” Minah’s tone sounds rude for a moment yet her smile still looks as sweet as ever.”I mean to clear any misunderstanding…if there really is.”

If the walk towards Jungkook earlier was agonizing as hell and standing right in front of him felt like she was stepping on a mudflat, Yeri knows that looking at him—

“I’m sorry but…”

Looking at him would be like staring into your parents eyes after denying a mistake you have done.

“…I really don’t know you” Guilt surely was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter