Cornered

You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri was sure that the seat behind her was already occupied by one of her classmates earlier. She’s sure that it was none other than that girl who still blatantly shows that she doesn’t like her even after Yeri was already friends with the most popular girl in their class. But after coming back from the ladies room, there was a new one on that seat, and by new meaning the new student. Jeon freaking Jungkook who casually stared at her with his chin on his palm, the moment she steps in. So Yeri has quickly rushed back to her seat.

Great. Yeri has never been uncomfortable on this seat even when it was still that girl seated behind her. But now she can’t say the same. She unknowingly glared at Yejin who was now seated on the other side of the room. Of course the girl, even though obviously got a shock for a second, ended up glaring back at her. By then, Yeri realized just what she did. She just decided to be the first one to look away and she hoped that the girl will just pretend that it didn’t happened.

Staying out of trouble was her motto and she has no plans on changing that. But somehow having a Jungkook in her classroom may change it any time soon. Or maybe it was starting already.

“I will finish high school here. That’s what my mom and dad has agreed to when they got divorced.”

Jungkook’s voice doesn’t mask any sadness when he mentioned about his parents being divorced. Yeri who was now standing near the window of their classroom, pretended to be busy with her phone just to get away from her own seat even for a short time while they were still waiting for their next teacher. But she can’t help but glance at the guy who was now surrounded by some of their classmates, particularly girls and were asking him a lot of questions.

And of course one of them is Hyeri.

“Okay so what are your hobbies?” the girl asked after Jungkook’s answer on one question of their classmates “And favorite color?”She followed immediately even before the guy can answer.

Yeri looked at the girl amused. Jungkook didn’t seem to mind as he answered it after thinking shortly.

“Favorite food?”Hyeri continued despite the weird looks the other students were giving her.”Favorite actor—“

Yeri choked a laugh. She saw Minah just shakes her head from her seat as she was still writing something on her notebook while Yura who was also around Jungkook tried to hold her smile while the others laughed.

“Stop asking him nonsense questions” one guy finally complains

“It’s not nonsense. That’s the basic of asking questions to someone you just met.” the girl pouted but then held a finger up as she seemed to remember something”Oh I know what to ask. Aren’t you the guy who was looking for Yeri yesterday?”

At the mention of her name, Yeri suddenly saw everyone’s gaze darted to her. Even Jungkook looked in he rdirection and locked eyes with her instantly.

“Yeah” he said nonchalantly

“And she’s not the Yeri you’re looking for right?” Hyeri this time waved over at her

“Yeri” one of their girl classmates called her over too.

Yeri suddenly felt nervous again, mentally scolding herself for not pretending to be busy with her phone just like what she originally planned. Honestly she really doesn’t want to go there but now that everyone was waiting for her she was forced to walk to them.

One of their guy classmates gave her a weird look then look back at Jungkook.

“So the one you’re looking for has the same name and looks the same as Yeri?” The guy shakes his head looking really confused.”But she’s not that Yeri?”

“Yeah that sounds weird.” One girl nodded”I don’t think I believe--”

Hyeri laughed”You just like doubting people Jinah.” She said but then she slammed her hands on the guys desk”But really Jungkook are you just pretending not to know her?”

Yejin rolled her eyes while the others remained quiet, waiting for what the guy will say. He already lied before to Minah. He will do it again this time right? Yeri gulped as her eyes darted back to Jungkook. He has his eyes now only on her but he doesn’t mask any nervousness, yet he still doesn’t speak and was like in a deep thought at the moment. The silence starts getting thicker and the hold on her arm by one of her girl classmates loosened. Yeri dreaded this kind of situation the most and once again she doesn’t know what to do. Yura starts to cross her arm, Hyeri looked alternately between her and Jungkook while Minah…she wondered if she was looking at them as well.

“Class. Go back to your seats”

And that save Yeri’s life. Everyone made a groan of annoyance as their teacher finally entered the classroom cutting the tense atmosphere that has started to form. Yeri exhaled as finally the students went back to their respective seats. Without taking another glance at Jungkook she hurried down to her seat as well.

At lunch break, she never really expected Minah to do such thing. The girl never invited any other students to sit with them especially if it’s a guy. Minah seemed to never take a liking to any guy in school. But then she invited Jungkook to eat with them. Yeri’s first thought was Minah likes him and it seemed like it was what Yura think as well.

“If only Jungkook doesn’t like you—“

“He didn’t like me” Yeri whispered forcefully to deny what the girl was about to say

“C’mon he chooses that seat even after being looked at by Yejin scarily. He wanted to sit close to you”

Yeri don’t know what to answer back that time. But then Yura who tapped her back said that it’s okay. As long as she won’t like him back, because if Minah likes her then she should stay out of the way.

They went over the line with their trays as they pick out their food. Yeri stood behind Minah and she blinked when she looked over at her and smile before returning her attention on choosing her food.

“You and Jungkook were really confusing.”Minah hummed as she pick little portions of food”Let’s have a group talk over lunch. That’s really the reason why I invited Jungkook to sit with us anyway.”

No. Yeri’s heart sank in an instant. She thought the girl was finally over it.

“But they said they don’t know each other” Yura who was putting food on her plate said. Yeri smiled at the girl who was not even looking at her that moment.

“Or they’re lying”

Yeri choked then gradually coughed at what Hani said making the girls look at her and giggled.

“Oh what is it Yeri” they even dramatically gasped before glancing at Minah’s direction “You really can’t be lying right?”

“No I’m not” Yeri thanked her voice for not cracking and for her not stuttering. Yet she avoided looking at Jungkook who was right behind her and Yura.

“But like Yejin said it was weird.” Minah said without looking at any of them. Of course, that girl was the main reason why Minah doubted her again.

Yeri just didn’t say anything. She wondered what the guy was doing as he really hasn’t spoken a word over at their talk even though he surely can hear what they were talking about. Maybe it is better that he was quiet, she thought.

Yeri picked out foods that were the same as the girls and when she looked back at Yura, she can’t help but notice that Jungkook hasn’t put anthing on his plate.

“I’m really sorry…Minah, girls.”

When Yura stepped out of the line Jungkook followed and held up his phone.

“I got a text from my dad. He said he wants us to eat together.”

Yeri instantly brightened up because of what Jungkook said. Maybe Minah will leave the questions for later if Jungkook was not there to eat with them.

“And Yeri”the guy looked in her direction.

Yeri blinked and tried to control her expression again.

“Dad said Ms. Park wants to give you something at the teacher’s office”

“And what is that?” Minah asked instead. And her tone makes Yeri nervous.

Jungkook to Yeri’s surprise never even batted an eyelash as he answered Minah’s question.

“My dad doesn’t mention anything on the text.”

The girls who were looking at them paused to think but then nodded before finally taking their seats on the table. Minah who has also put her tray of food on the table, to Yeri’s relief didn’t say anything else and just patted the table for her to put down her own tray. Minah then tells her to come back quick.

“No one will eat your food.” She even said “We’ll just throw it. Such a waste right?”

Yeri nodded suddenly feeling Minah’s seriousness and lack of eyesmile unsettling. Maybe it’s also better if she leaves for a while. She turns around to leave when she realized that Jungkook was still there.

“Let’s go together. My dad is also at the teacher’s office”

“Okay” she just muttered before walking ahead first.

She heard the guy talked to the girls some more and Yeri just quickened her steps out of the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter