Heartbeat

You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer break has ended. Gone were the students “tied to the bed” disease and for the more outgoing ones it is of course the fun vacation trips that they were going to miss the most. Yeri for sure won’t miss her’s at all neither call it as fun, but at least that’s what everyone believed. Maybe it was worth it after all. Now that the second semester has started something has finally changed, a different seat in the canteen at lunch while her sister Wendy and her sister’s boyfriend Jin in the same spot as before but now they will have their lunch break for just the two of them.

“Try the pasta. It’s really good” Hyeri offered her food for the n’th time. The girl who never approached her when she was eating with her sister Wendy was now seemed too excited to share her food with her. But Minah just pushed back the plate of spaghetti back to the girl.

“She’s not eating that” Minah meekly said”Carbs”

Hyeri was part of Minah’s clique. Actually she is part of many others too. Let’s just say she is the type of kid in high school who never has a definite set of friends because she’s friendly towards everyone. But for some reason she was being too careful when approaching her before.

Yeri looked at her favorite food but then just gave the girl an apologetic smile. Even though she really wanted it, she just resumed eating the little amount of food on her tray that was the same as the food Minah, Yura and three other girls on their table has. Hyeri soon stomped away from their table and sat instead with some other students at the canteen.

From the corner of her eyes, Yeri would see her sister taking a glimpse of them every now and then. Why of course. Yeri was just sitting beside her sister’s sworn enemy’s cousin, Minah. Even though the older girl, Sojin has graduated already from the school, her sister says that the cousin of that girl, Minah was just the same. Yeri almost didn’t go to the trip with them if not for her Jin oppa who took her side that time. Maybe he’s the reason too; on why her sister didn’t stop her when she told her that she would sit with Minah at lunch.

Her sister seemed to be really not in a good mood now. This is mainly the reason why Yeri and the two girls decided to forget about what really happened on their trip. Also because Yeri still wanted to be friends with the girls, forcing herself to believe on what they said about it as “unintentional”. Yeri’s eyes remained on her food as the rest of the girls around her starts talking. Their words barely audible for her to hear as her mind drifted back from a few days ago.

 

When she arrived at the mall that day for the sole purpose of finding her sister’s friend she literally bumped into the two girls who seemed to have done some shopping…while she was missing.

“Hey watch where—“Minah has snapped, but ended up gawking at her leaving Yura to pick up the bags that falls on the ground”Oh my…Yeri?”

The girl has hugged her really tightly, while Yura seemed to be really confused on the side but then smiled as she made eye contact with her. Yura was also the first one who speaked, maybe because she just felt the need to.

“We were really looking for you”Yura paused and quickly hide the bags behind her”Yeah for real”

“We’re really worried. We were planning to tell your sister later.”Minah pulls away to look at her”I mean last night we should have but—“

“Don’t”

Yeri was the one who said it first.

“I’m here now and I’m fine. Don’t tell Wendy unnie.”

She hates you already. Yeri’s mind has told her. I don’t want her to hate you more.

The two has looked at each other for a while. They would agree, Yeri has thought. Telling anyone about leaving her behind “unintentionally” will never do them any good anyway.

“But where…did you sleep last night?” Yura has inquired eyeing Minah who also looked back at her. The two girls then look back at her at the same time. And as Yeri’s fumbled for what to say she suddenly blurted out.

”I slept with a friend”

It’s a stranger for god’s sake. Her mind chastises her automatically.

“I met her accidentally…”her words hanged as she looked on how the girls would react”Yes her. I-it’s a girl” she mentally facepalmed at how obvious her words are.

But it’s okay. They should not know it’s a guy.

 

“It was really fun.”

Yeri’s mind went back to reality again at Yura’s outburst.

“But we really won’t get into details to make you girls more jealous” Yura’s laughter simmered down when Yeri cast a glance at her.

The others seemed to be asking again about their trip. And from Minah and Yura’s faces they seemed to be deep down annoyed by it even though they were forcing their smile. Yeri wondered why? Or maybe it’s just her.

She was so deep in that thought when her eyes decided to play a trick on her for the first time since the school week started.

A guy’s fluffy brown hair outside the door of the canteen make her heart did a flip flop.

“Yeri hurry up.” But then she has to look away”School bells about to ring any minute” Minah nudges her from her side, making her take her eyes away from the door. The girls already have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter