Choices

You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was long gone from the classroom but Yeri was still stuck inside, trapped in between her friends who were trying to pick a place to hang out that afternoon. They would usually go at malls or at the karaoke but this time they were planning to hang out on one of the girl’s house. With the given rule that the owner of the house to be the sole responsible for all the snacks of everyone. They were usually just five in the group but three more joined them, and that’s exactly the reason why no one was nice enough to volunteer.

"How about at Yeri's?" Yura quickly pointed at her this time as she obviously tried to get away from being pointed out by one of the girls earlier"Her family is rich. It won’t be a big deal, right Yeri?"

Minah has her cheeks puffed when she looked at Yeri,gradually smiling with a hopeful look on her face but Yeri just gave a sheepish smile in return. She doesn’t really want to say no to them, to her, but there are reasons why she can't say yes either.

First. Her sister will not be happy seeing Minah at all, in their own house. And her sister is sick so she was grumpier than usual.

"Wendy unnie is sick."She told them the truth"She really needs to rest and--"

And pop goes an idea for Yeri.

"Right. I need to take care of her."Yeri clasped her hands in front of her"I'm sorry I really can't come with you this time too"

She told herself that it’s the only thing she can do. As there was a certain person waiting for her outside right at the moment and she have a lot on explaining to do. Yeri already dreaded what was bound to happen later.

She gulped as everyone's expression turned sour, but weirdly except for Minah.

"Sure."The girl said"Family first. I hope your sister gets well soon."Minah even patted her cheeks softly as she tells her to go home first.

Yeri admired at how understanding Minah is this time so she thanked her feeling a bit guilty because she did lie to her once again. Yet  without waiting for any of the other girls to also agree to what Minah has said Yeri rushes out of the room in an instant. She speedwalked at the hallway, just in case the girls may finally come up with the decision on where to really go this time. She should hurry up to Jungkook before anyone can see her with him when she was supposed to be home early to take care of her sick sister.

 

"I'm sorry. I took so long"

The guy just shakes his head and smiled at her,the corner of his eyes crinkled in the process. Yeri paused walking as she felt time stopped for a second at that smile but she quickly shook her head until that abnormal heart beating was all she felt as she continued her way to him at the bus stop.

Yeri was about to sit beside Jungkook when the guy stood up instead, nodding towards her back.

"You said you want to talk somewhere in private right? We can't do that here"

Yeri turn around and see a bus coming and parked right in front of them. She didn't even have a chance to say anything as the guy held onto her wrist and pulled her up the bus. Jungkook let her sit near the window while the guy sat beside her. Maybe because it all happened too fast that Yeri can’t find the words to ask the guy questions. But it seems like Jungkook can read what’s on her mind.

“I know a good place to go. Trust me.” He even nodded as if he was telling her that everything will be okay.

It was a river that reminds her of the river that one time she got lost. A river where she slept with the guy who has saved her back then. The same guy who was now standing beside her and looking at the river.  So Yeri didn't really feel comfortable even when she was sure that no one in school would see them in here.

"I remember being here a lot when I was younger."

Jungkook looked like he was daydreaming for a second before he suddenly sat down and didn't hesitate to lie on the rocks, moist from the water splashes.

“Before I was ten my mom allowed me to visit my dad here often.”

He looked up at the sky then at her who was still standing. The guy suddenly freezes for a second until he slowly closed his eyes. Yeri looked down at him curiously.

Did he suddenly want to sleep now? Yeri wondered, until the guy answered her unvoiced question.

"Sorry but I can see under your skirt." Jungkook seemed to be stopping his grin as he said that.

“Y-yah!”

Yeri gasped and quickly kneeled on the grass, fist automatically punching the guy's shoulder. But Jungkook just chuckled this time as he opened one of his eyes then slowly opened the other too. Yeri glared at him but she just become more annoyed at the way the guy just continue to smile at her. She was about to slap the guy’s arm this time, when Jungkook held onto her hand, stopping her.

"Tell me Yeri."His voice went low and husky all of a sudden"How will you explain why you pretended not to know me"

Jungkook bolted up to sit. Yeri didn't realized that she was kneeling too close to him that when he finally settled to sit their faces turned to be mere inches apart. Yeri was startled and struggled back causing him to plop down on her bottom. Yeri sighed inwardly at the feeling of dampness on her skirt.

Yet what bothers her the most is the way he still didn’t let go of her hand as he continued to talk to her in that voice.

"Was it for the reason I told you just earlier or there was something else? Tell me so I can understand."

He looks really serious this time and Yeri hated that look because it makes her feel guilty. Jungkook did nothing but to save her and its all thanks to him that he was back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter