Arrival

The monster's bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning dawned bright and sunny, full of anticipation of the delightful visit. The Kims’ including bomi and chorong followed sunggyu’s orders to live with the clan. The cars drove towards the forest of their own town. Bomi was tensed watching the forest. She has seen it quite a few times before but not for normal reasons. Either it was when she was lured or it was when she was about to escape. Probably this is the first time she has seen it relaxedly. The forest was the same dark and murky as always though it was morning. Upon that the creepy sounds of the birds and wild animals was threatening. Chorong placed her hand on bomi’s telling her to relax. Bomi smiled and nodded implying she was fine. She was thankful chorong was going with her or probably this all would freak her out.

Anxiousness and nervousness took over her mind when they took a detour in the forest. She wondered as there was no route visible except for the darkness. It was pitch black, blending in the atmosphere were those tall and raven roots. “We are here” declared sunggyu getting down from the car in which he was travelling, and standing in front of car she was in. Bomi was perplexed hearing that as they didn’t even cross the town and he says they have arrived. “Get down” ordered xiumin breaking her thoughts. The car doors opened together and the men got down. Baekhyun joined them too. Bomi was ordered to stay inside along with chorong. Sweat ran down her ear, curiously she paid attention to what they were doing.

Sunggyu did some gestures standing in front of the jet black wall of inky branches. The ebony broke, like a door it creaked open. A large amount of light illuminated, which fell on her eyes. She closed it immediately as if afraid she will lose her sight. Slowly, the light faded. Adjusting them, by squinting her eyes for a clear view she looked at it. Her jaw dropped as she saw a new path opening before her eyes. Her attention shifted to chorong who was calm and composed probably because she was here before. The men were back to their vehicles and drove off towards the way. The vehicles entered through the same opening one by one. After they were inside, she turned around only to notice it closing on its own like before. What made her widen her eyes was the view in the front. It was like a whole new world behind the dark forest. It was strange and a different experience for her. Lay who was in the same car smiled noticing wide open. After travelling for a while new scenary appeared in front of her eyes.

The village has this breathtaking view, surrounded by green and beautiful fields, a stream running down the road. The sky felt as if it was almost touching the ground. Bomi smiled broadly, peeking through the window as the clouds were almost within the reach of her palms. Baekhyun who was riding his bike smiled unconciously noticing her happy. The wild flowers ran along the path of the road. Next came in sight were the traditional houses “Wow” she exclaimed looking at each, hanging. As their destination drew nearer the expression on her face changed from happiness to anxiousness. Her breathing was ragged and her heart was thumping uncontrollably. She fell back on the seat taking long breaths as an unknown, blurred images ran through her mind, only clearly visible were the same old red eyes. Chorong was bewildered as she observed her and held her hand tightly “Relax….it is okay. Everything is okay” she said in her tranquilizing tone rubbing her back. Suho who happened to be in the same car noticed that, and was tensed too “Is everything fine?” he asked bomi. She took a deep breath “Yeah” she smiled weakly, controlling herself.

The cars stopped and everybody got down. As soon as bomi stepped out of the car the wind blew harshly. She turned around hurriedly looking into a certain direction, deep into a passage. Her eyes broadened when she smelled the same fragrant “The smell of cherry blossoms” she mumbled. A gush of wind touched her skin and her heart was under a major turbulence. “Oppa” she could hear a young girl calling somebody.  “Chorong unnie, i feel like i was here before” she said squeezing her hands but her eyes were wandering around the area. “Yes, you lived here for some years” she answered. Bomi could sense the sadness in her voice. “Let’s go bomi” said chen placing his hand around her shoulders taking her away giving a cold stare to chorong. A group of elders gathered in front of the entrance of a big traditional house. The villagers and the heads were all dressed in traditional clothes. Slowly, they were surrounded by people. One then two, there after hundreds of people gathered at the place. They looked like normal people but they were radiant and their eyes were red. Bomi walked slowly looking at the people realizing they all are wolves.

 “Princess is here” “Princess bomi, look over here” “Welcome home princess” they started cheering for her. On the other hand some of them were placing their hands on their noses “Her smell” they murmured. She smiled watching the kids waving their hands. Her smile faded noticing the elders’ nose crinking and their eyes glaring; she wondered why but realized it was because chorong was with them. “Why is she here?” “Throw her out” they can hear them raging in anger. Chorong hung her head down and walked slowly. Suho sighed as he felt bad for her being mistreated. Bomi smiled secretly noticing that and clasped her hand with chorong’s. She looked at her surprisingly and the tears she was holding in rolled down her cheeks.

They reached the group of elders and the brothers along with sunggyu bowed in front of a person who was tall, muscular and had this strong aura. Bomi wondered who he was until sunggyu mentioned “Master, we have arrived along with the princess”. Chorong who was beside her whispered “He is the clan head kim ji hoon, their father”. Bomi’s jaw dropped watching him as looked strict and stern. Her eyes landed on baekhyun who stood aside not even bothering to bow while the others were with their heads down. “Princess” jihoon called breaking her thoughts. Bomi walked towards him when lay nodded telling her to proceed. “Hello?” she greeted nervously. Jihoon patted her head “Welcome”. He noticed chorong at the back and she bowed to him quickly. An elder from the group enraged “Sunggyu, why is she here?” he asked. Jihoon raised his hand implying to shut up “Eunhyuk, we will discuss this later” he said firmly. Eunhyuk shut his mouth but the glare didn’t stop.

They all went inside. The eight authoritive members sat together with jihoon.  He introduced them all “Sunggyu, eunhyuk, donghae, dean, leeteuk, siwon, minho, yesung”. The brothers along with bomi and chorong were seated in the front. “Suho, what is the meaning of this?” jihoon went straight to the point. “Master, that…we needed a doctor for bomi. She isn’t in a good condition and needed a daily checkup” suho stuttered being obvious with his lie. Everybody in the room saw through him. Donghae, one of the members of the committee spoke “An enemy isn’t allowed in the clan. Once we agreed but not again” he huffed. Sehun grinned “Even if it was your dear princess who wanted her to come along?” he reasoned. They were all shocked. Chorong sat silently.  Jihoon looked at bomi who was looking at chorong sadly “Then there is nothing to object” he said. The members enraged objecting with his decision. Jihoon shut them up “If the one who suffered can her forgive her then who are we not to?” he questioned. The crowd was silent. “You can stay here but no more mistakes or your head will be seperated in that very instant” he said turning serious. Bomi shivered watching the seriousness in his eyes. Chorong nodded agreeing to it.

“Come here princess” he called bomi. She glanced at chen who was looking at her and he nodded. She got up and walked towards him “Umm…clan head?” she said indecisively. Jihoon chuckled, patting her head “No need to be so nervous bomi. It is not like you are seeing for me for the first time” he commented. She looked at him puzzled “I don’t remember anything” she thought. “You will” another man answered from behind as if he read her mind. She glanced at the man from the committee. “He is dean, one of the committee members and my sons’ maternal uncle”. Bomi greeted him while he gave a warm smile also patting her head. Baekhyun got up ready to leave suddenly while jihoon stopped him “I am not done yet” he commanded. Baekhyun turned around giving a glare as if he was against it. Eunhyuk huffed “That is the reason everybody objected the decision of including him to compete for the position. His attitude never changes” he commented. Dean stepped in to his rescue “Baekhyun take a seat” he ordered. He sighed and obeyed. Bomi was puzzled as everybody present in the committee was unhappy with him except dean. Jihoon was hard to read. Kai glanced at baekhyun sadly while he faked a smile at him.

Jihoon got to the topic ignoring the stuff “So princess whom do you think is suitable to be your partner?” he asked. Bomi kept silent. She didn’t know how to answer this question though she knows one day she has to. Jihoon observed her “If that is the case then we will give you another chance to decide. You will spend one on one time with each which can help you decide. You have adequate time to tell us about your decision. Remember, you are choosing the ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter