CHAPTER 5

The Billionaire And The High Schooler

 

 

 

It was the end of the day and Joong Ki was getting ready to go home when his secretary walked by him to the elevator.

“Sir, this is the file for the new project of the Jeju resort. You asked.” Joong Ki gave his suitcase to Mr. Kim while he read the strategies for the project; the elevator bell rang signaling them they’re in their designated floor.

“And also sir, I’ve posted some information about the interview for new staffs on news and our sites.”

“Good.” He said his focus still on the file.

“Chiroo.” That’s the first word he heard before someone dumped noodles all over him and the file. He looked at himself and saw a mess on his shirt which was probably going to leave a stain later on. More than that what angered him most was the file he was reading was also in a mess because of the noodle sauce. He looked ahead at the culprit who was a scared looking high school girl, he tilted his head little in annoyance and scoffed.

“Sir, are you alright?”

“Do I look alright to you?” He yelled making both Mr. Kim and Han Ri flinched. When Mr. Min noticed the amount of tantrum vice chairman was showing he rushed towards to save his daughter.

“I’m sorry sir. She’s just a little careless girl.” He said doing a ninety degree bow.

“Who are you?”

“I’m her father, sir.” Joong Ki looked at the clothes he was wearing and automatically find out where and what he worked.

“Are you a staff of this company?” Even though he knew the answer he asked to be sure.

“Yes sir. I work as a janitor.”

“What kind of reckless people does this company hire? Listen here mister because of your daughter not only my expensive clothes got ruined but the file of the million won project got ruined too.” Han RI had her head bowed in shame tears starting to brim down her face.

“Because it’s your daughter’s mistakes you’re going to pay for this. I don’t want to see your face get lost. You Are Fired.” Han RI looked at the man who just fired her father in shock and was giving her a disapproving look.

“What an irresponsible child?” Joong Ki muttered but loud enough for Han RI to hear.

“Dad, I’m sorry. It’s all because of me.”

“Aniya. It’s not. Don’t cry, let’s go home now.” The duo started walking Han RI still crying.

“Aigoo, why are you crying? I am the one who lost the job, I should be the one crying.”

“Still it’s my fault you got fired.” By now Han RI was hiccupping and Mr. Min was comforting her daughter. Just when they came out Joong Ki had started his journey back home. Sighing he shifted in his seat undoing his tie. He looked out of the window to see the girl coming out of the mall crying with her father at that time he don’t know why but he felt a little guilty when he has probably fired a lot of people before, probably because he was taking out his anger of his girlfriend leaving him on random people. He shook the thought of his girlfriend from his mind and closed his while hitting his forehead.

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

You stupid ungrateful child.” Mrs. Min had find out about her husband losing his job and was scolding Han Ri for it and getting in a position to hit her when Mr. Min Blocked a crying Han RI.

“Will you stop it?”

“What do you mean stop it? Because of this witch you lost your job. Do you think I’ll let it go like that?”

“I’m Sorry. I’m really sorry.” Han Ri was sobbing really hard.

“Leave her alone. She’s just a kid and she has already apologized for whatever she’s done.”

“Does her apologizing will bring money to the house? You know it more than anyone how much of a debt we have to pay and you’re acting like everything’s alright when you lost your job.”

“Han RI get inside your room, will you?” With a simple nod she went inside her room and locked the door.

“Do you have to talk about debt in front of the kid?” her father probably thought she wouldn’t hear a thing but because the house really small she heard everything.

“What do you expect me to do than in this crisis?”

“If it’s about the money, don’t worry. I’ll go search for a job early in the morning. Don’t stress too much and give Han RI too she has just started her senior year so she would have loads of school burden already.” Mrs. Min was really angry but listened to Mr. Min. Han RI was closing with her hand because she was worried someone will hear her.

 

 

Joong Ki had just arrived back at his house and went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle before sitting down on the couch gulping all the water while listening to all the voice mails. Same like yesterday his ex-girlfriend had sent him one. Though she said to not be in contact and focus on each of their career she always left a voice mail or send e-mail which he would never respond to because of his stupid ego. Usually he would get angry about how his ex-girlfriend was giving him mixed emotion but today his mind was occupied by something else or more specifically someone. He didn’t know why but he couldn’t stop thinking about the girl since he saw her crying.

 

“Han RI ah Han RI ah. The food is ready.” Mr. Min entered his daughter’s bedroom slowly calling her out. When he was fully inside he saw his daughter lying on the bed; blanket all scattered, eyes puffy and tear drops stain on the pillow. He cupped his daughter’s cheek and rubbed it with his thumb. “My little daughter, you had a really bad day didn’t you? Don’t worry this day will also be forgotten like a bad dream in any time and you can smile brightly like before.” He took a big sigh and tugged her with the blanket. He looked all around the room once before his eyes landed on the photo frame on the bedside desk. He picked it up and smiled looking at the photo of whole family together smiling of the time of their Busan trip. He put the frame in its own place and walked outside the room turning the lights off and closing the door.

 

The night went by fast and morning came, Han Ri had thought about going to the mall to meet the vice chairman who fired her father and apologized so he could take her father back in the company. She had already finished making breakfast and was getting ready she was wearing school uniforms incase the plan works quickly and she has time to continue her classes. There was still one hour left for mall to open but she didn’t want to take any chances so she moved early from bus it nearly takes half hour. So, it was only option for her to move early.

 

While Han RI was getting on the bus, Joong Ki was getting ready for his work. He had just got off from the shower with towel dangerously hung low on his body showing his y body glistening with water droplets while his hair was dripping wet with water. He went inside his walk-in closet and chose his clothes properly matching it with his tie, watch and shoes. After he was done with clothes he wore the right amount of cologne on his body and headed downstairs taking his files and bag. He went outside of his house to be greeted by his driver which he replied back with a simple nod. All the way through his workplace he made himself busy with the documents and files. He didn’t notice he had already reached the company until his driver opened the door for him.

 

“Oh thank you.” The driver bowed his head before closing the door when he walked towards the building.

“Ahjusshi, Ahjusshi.” Suddenly someone grabbed his forearm and turned him around to be faced with the same girl who was crying yesterday but was panting with her hands on her knees today. Seeing her like this somehow made his face to threaten an amusing smile. “Let’s talk for a moment.” She was having hard time forming those words because of the difficulty she was having breathing.

“Why should I?”

“What do you mean? Why should I? You took a really unfair decision last time, so let’s have a talk about it.”

“And who are you to tell me that?” He took one one step towards her as he spoke. “Are you a lawyer? Are you someone who fights for the labor equality? Or probably some kind of higher person who’s here to inspect me?” Every question he asked taking one step towards Han RI she shook her head and leaned a little backward when his face was close to hers. “No.” she shook her head violently. “Then I’ve no time for you. And I doubt you’ve taken an appointment to talk with me. Whatever decision I made yesterday was fair in my case. So I’m really busy don’t disturb me with stupid things.” He walked towards the mall tsking at her.

“Yah!!” Joong KI stopped dead in his track at the way of her use of vocabulary tilting his head before facing her. “Yah?

“Yes you heard right. Jerks like you don’t deserve respect from me.”

“MWo?” He scoffed, disbelief was only thing that sounded from Joong KI’s voice.

“Ahjusshi I get it you’re really rich and busy person who doesn’t have time for people like me who’s neither a lawyer, person who fights for labor equality nor someone of higher position. But” by now Han RI had raised her voice startling Joong KI and attracting few employees who were rushing to get to their job. “I am a daughter who can’t see someone being unfair with her father. So I am going to talk about yesterday’s incident no matter what?”

“Really then best of luck because I am not taking my precious time to listen to you.” With that he headed inside.

“I am going to stay right here until you change your mind and listen to me.” Joong KI heard her well before entering the mall and he did the only thing that came to his mind turning around to face her while giving a big smile and two thumbs up making Han Ri more annoyed stomping her feet like a child making him chuckle.

“Good morning sir. Did something good happen to you?”

“Huh?”

“You look really happy today.”

“Really I guess something did happen.” He said smiling more making Mr. Kim looked at him weirdly as he’s never been the kind of guy to use that kind of smile in his workplace.

 

Like usual Joong KI did a round of the mall while listening to the managing director about the sales and everything needed after that he attended a meeting which was about the case of the new product in the market. By the time he had finished his meeting it was already lunch time and he was slouching on his chair with his legs on the desk before a knock came from the door signaling him to stay in proper position.

“Excuse me, sir?”

“Yes, Mr. Kim.”

“It’s already lunch time, sir. Would you like me to order something or are you going out?”

“Oh yes--” he stopped mid sentence before completing his sentence. “Just a moment.” He rushed out of the office and got inside the elevator.

 

“Ah I’m hungry. I didn’t even eat breakfast today.” Han RI said while rubbing her tummy. “I want to go somewhere and eat something really delicious but I told that ahjusshi I would wait here until he listens to me. If I move from here he would probably think I gave up which is definitely not in my dictionary.” She pulled her hands in fist. “Han Ri ah you can do this. Life is never sweet a little struggle needs to be face by everyone. Han RI fighting.” She yelled throwing her arms but regretted it the moment she thought her energy got drained and start rubbing her hungry stomach and leaned on the wall unknown about the fact being watched by someone from inside the mall with amusing smile. The person took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Secretary Kim, I need a favor to ask.”

“Uhhhh I’m so so so hungry. God please send help, I might die any second.”

“Uh excuse me.” She looked up to see a well dressed man in his forties.

“Yes?” ‘God is that you. You send me help.’ She thought.

“Are you the lady who asked to talk to our vice chairman this morning?” She quickly stood up and reply with an enthusiastic yes. “The vice chair wants to see you so please follow me.”

“Really?” With that she followed him to the elevator and got out on a floor after the elevator bell dinged. The floor was well furnished and carpeted that she looked in amazement with her head up circling in a place.

“In here madam.” The man’s voice snapped her out of her trance and walked inside the room where she saw huge spacious room with a big led TV, expensive looking couch set and in front of her was the vice chairman desk which also looked pretty expensive in which he was doing some probably business work Han Ri thought.

“In time you arrived.”

“I won ahjusshi.” Han RI said pointing her forefinger at him.

“Huh?”

“Didn’t I tell I’ll talk to you no matter what? And look here I am in your office.”

“Just because you’re in my office doesn’t mean I actually asked for you to listen to your garbage.”

“What?”                                                                                                                                                                                                   

“You might be hungry after waiting that long want to eat something.”

“It’s fine. I’m not hung-” as if on cue her stomach growled loudly which made the two gents in the room sniggered. “You traitor.” She muttered lowly to her tummy but was heard by the two people. “I’d like a jajangmyeon.” She replied quickly looking at Mr. Kim. Who then looked at Joong Ki for permission after he nodded his head lightly Mr. Kim bowed and went to order jajanghmyeon for the duo.

“Sit down.” He offered while he took a seat on the couch.

I’m not here to sit. I’m here to—“

“You’re here to talk I know but first sit down so we can have a talk properly.” She hesitated at first but sat down nonetheless in the far corner from him.

“Ahjushii—“

“Aren’t you hungry?”

“Can you please not change the topic here?”

“Who said I am? I am just asking if you’re hungry.” Han RI was going to open but Joong KI stopped her raising his hand. “Let’s not talk now. Let’s do that after we are done eating.”

“I’m not here to eat or something, I’m here to talk to you. I won’t even touch a little amount of food before you start talking.”

“I’m talking right now, aren’t I?” He said tilting his head a little and looking at her, his hand cupping his face. ‘Damn this rich people and their baby face.’

“Do you think I am talking about this? I’m talking about yesterday.”

“What about yesterday?”

“What do you mean? What about yesterday? You know exactly what happened yesterday. Don’t try to act all innocent.”

“What if I say I really forgot about whatever happened yesterday because of the work overload?” He said too innocently that had Han Ri grind her teeth in irritation. Just when Han Ri was going to open a knock came on the door.

“Sir, the food’s here.”

“Uh, please keep them here.”

“Anything else, sir?” Mr. Kim asked after putting the bag of foods on the table.

“This is enough for now. You can take a break, if I need anything I’ll call.” Mr. Kim bowed his head and walked out of the room.

“Please.” Joong KI referred to the foods with his hands while Han Ri narrowed her eyes. “Ah! You said you won’t be eating until I talk you about yesterday. What should we do? I’m really hungry and I need energy.” He said taking a bowl of jajangmyeon and taunting Han RI by slowly opening and smelling it. “Wah it smells so nice.” He took big amount and put it in his mouth slowly slurping the noodles dangling from his mouth making Han Ri’s mouth water.

“Aish.” Han Ri yelled in frustration and grabbed herself a bowl and started eating like a cavewomen who hasn’t eaten for ages forgotten about the vice chairman Song Joong KI whom she was supposed to be talking about her father. As Han RI was eating her heart out Joong Ki was looking at her in amusement long forgotten about his food.

“Ah thank you for the food. I enjoyed it.”

“Well it’s good to know.” Han RI smiled at the man who feed her and he returned her smile but Han RI smile soon changed into scowl.

“Ahjushi you tricked me.”

“Tricked you?”

“Yes I was supposed to be talking to you about my father but you tricked me with the food so I won’t talk about him.”

“I don’t think so that’s true. If you think that’s how it is then please talk.” Joong Ki coolly ordered her while leaning on the couch with legs crossed. Han RI was looking blankly at him for a second before he asked her to talk again.

“Uh yes what was I talking?”

“Honestly you haven’t started talking.”

“Don’t you think I know?” She told him a little harshly making Joong KI to get up from his position to look at her in disbelief.

“You know right I’m the one in upper hand right now. If I want I can get you out of here without listening to anything.” Han RI’s eyes widened at that and started maintaining her composer.

“Ah ahjushi don’t say that. You’re not that bad person are you?”

“Aniyo this ahjusshi is not bad but a worst person you’ve ever met. So don’t mess with me.”

“Arraso. But Ahjushhi I really think you didn’t do right to my father.”

“And why is that?”

“Because your file was ruined because of me. So shouldn’t I be the one getting punished or the person to repay your debt. Why give trouble to someone who hasn’t even harmed you a penny.”

“Well to think about it you’re exactly right.”

“Isn’t it? So please take my father back in the company and do whatever you pleased to do with me.”

“But everything’s already done. What can I do about something that’s already done?” he got up from his sitting position  indicating he has finished listening but Han Ri wasn’t finished so she grabbed his arm and gave him puppy eyes.

“Please ahjushi please. I’ll do anything you say, please take my father back.” desperation only sounding from her voice Joong KI thought for a moment until a smirk formed on his face.

“You said you’ll do anything right.” Han RI nodded before taking a big gulp. “So tell me how good you are in physical activities.” Joong KI looked at Han RI smiling while she looked like she just saw a ghost.

 

*GASP* WHAT DO YOU THINK JOONG KI IS GOING TO MAKE HAN RI DO? AND I AM ALSO VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE AND VERY THANKFUL TO YOU ALL FOR ONE READING MY BOOK AND TWO FOR SUBSCRIBING. ONE MORE THING BEFORE ENDING THIS CHAPTER I'D LIKE TO REQUEST YOU ALL IF ONLY IF YOU READ STORIES ON WATTPAD PLEASE GIVE MY BOOK A CHANCE MY ACC IS @dprincess684. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.