Chapter 5

Missing and Misplacement
Please log in to read the full chapter
Okay sooooooo.... I'm sooooo sorrrrrrrry for taking SUCH a looooooong time to update! Life has been... idk. But here you go! Chapter 5... and although previously I did say that chapter 5 will be short, it ended up being around 3,900 words! Yay! Not really... Anyhow, I hope I don't disappoint anyone... Sorry if I do! AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SUBS, COMMENT, and VIEWS!

                 “Hey Hyung!” A loud and cheerful voice called out from a distance. Sunggyu looked over to where the voice came from and smiled upon seeing the other. The other waved at him excitedly and Sunggyu couldn’t help but chuckle lightly before waving back to the other. Although Sunggyu used to be more of a … weird guy before, now he’s just like a nagging grandpa who dotes on those he likes. Sometimes. He was still mostly an annoying small-eyed hamster grandpa.

                “Hey Hyung, congratulations on being a second-year university student!” The cheerful dino exclaimed as he arrived before smacking the other lightly on the back.

                “You too. You’re a second-year as well.” Sunggyu laughed as he answered before smacking the other as well in which the latter only dumbly grinned back at him.

                “How was your summer?” The younger among the two asked, although he pretty much guessed the answer. Because honestly, Sunggyu never done anything for summer but he’ll still answer the same thing every year. ‘Fine’.

                “Fine.” Sunggyu answered quite mechanically causing Dongwoo to laugh, because it was just as he had expected. Well, but then again, Dongwoo always been quite an easy person to laugh.

                “Right hyung, what major are you majoring in this year?” He choked out in between laughs.

                “Same as last. Music.”

                “That’s cool! I’m in music and dance this year too!” The dino grinned as he jumped around. He liked being in the same class with his friends. It gets less boring.

                “Is Sungyeol still into law? Or is he going towards the entertainment field?” Sunggyu asked, quite curious. He remembered how the said one was complaining on the last day of the previous term how much he hated law and was going to study modeling or something.

                “He switched. Couldn’t stay too serious.” Dongwoo laugh even loudly at that.

                “He shouldn’t have wasted a year then. Now he might have to stay an extra year. That choding should have known.” Sunggyu sighed. “What a pain.”

                “Hyung, if Sungyeol was here he’ll be covering his ears while complaining about how much of a grandpa you are. Even his grandparents or parents nag as much as you do.” The dino said as he tried imitating the said one by covering his ears and closing his eyes but failed horribly because he burst out laughing. Definitely not the actor type.

                “I’m only looking out for my dongsaeng.” Sunggyu stated matter-of-fact-ly, just like he always does as an excuse to lecture the others.

                “Right. By the way, the two are finally coming this year. Aren’t you excited?” Dongwoo chimed.

                “Excited? Sure.” The other answered with a simple shrug causing the cheerful dino to whine.

                “Eh, why not? It’s been a year since you’ve seen him!”

                “Yeah but, I don’t even know the other.” Sunggyu countered. He really didn’t know the other and honestly, it’s not really exciting.

                “That’s fine! You’re going to meet him soon. He’s going to be a second-year as well!” Dongwoo was really glad that everyone was pretty much in the same grade and not to mention that all of his friends were basically majoring in the same field. Even music or dance, or something artistic.

                “Isn’t he a transfer though?” Sunggyu questioned even though the answer was obvious.

                “Yeah he is! I’m excited though! It’s been so long since I’ve seen them.” Dongwoo smiled, thinking back slightly to when they last met.

                “I knew the other can make it since he’s quite smart but as for the other, isn’t it quite hard to transfer to Seoul U?” Honestly, Sunggyu knew how hard it is to transfer to Seoul U but he asked anyways.

                “Oh yeah. I asked him and he said it was quite hard since he wasn’t the best at studying. But well, he managed to pull it off and now he’s going to be here!” The younger cheered. He was seriously glad that the other was able to come attend the same university as him.

                “You’re being excited aren’t you?” For some unknown reason, Sunggyu’s facial expression was quite… serious? Solemn? Sad?

                “Why, are you not Hyung?” The other asked. He thought his hyung will be quite happy since there’s going to be more people and more lively.

                “Not really.” He shrugged.

                “Why?”

                “This year…he…” Sunggyu began and Dongwoo realized. He understood. He has nearly forgotten but now he remembers.

                “Ah. Right. Sorry.”

                “It’s fine. I’m getting used to it.” The older said without an emotion in his voice but Dongwoo knew how much the older was hurting inside. How the older was trying his best to act like he didn’t care or how he lied about getting used to it. Saying such things as if he was trying to convince himself.

                “But hyung-“Dongwoo tried to get into Sunggyu but Sunggyu changed the topic, clearly not wanting to talk about it not much longer.

                “When’s Sungjong and that friend of yours coming?”

                “Oh right! We were supposed to meet them at the park near the entrance.” Dongwoo pretended like he forgot so that Sunggyu might feel better.

                “Let’s get going then.” Sunggyu simply said as he started walking toward the direction of the campus entrance.

                “Hey hyung.” Dongwoo called out. He was thinking of bringing him up again.

                “Yeah?” The said old glanced at him.

                “You know his name is Hoya right?” Dongwoo decided not to. He didn’t want to forcibly bring something up so he changed the topic toward Hoya.

                “Yeah.”

                “And he’s not ‘that friend of yours’, he’s going to be your buddy too.” Dongwoo pretended a frown although he really did want Hoya and Sunggyu to become friends. They both were really cool after all and Dongwoo wanted to enjoy his little friend circle.

                “Mhm. He’s also Sungjong and Sungyeol’s cousin and he’s the same age as us three. And he’s transferring in today while Sungjong in entering his first. I get it. I’m just not that excited.” Sunggyu simply finished for Dongwoo since he knew that this ‘Hoya’ guy was quite close to all of his dongsaengs.

                “Hyung… I know you’re thinking of him.” Dongwoo sighed before finally bringing it up. The person he knew was bothering Sunggyu and the cause of his… depression?

                “It’s been 3 years.” The other simply said. Perhaps hoping that this will shut Dongwoo up. Hinting that he wasn’t thinking of him but Dongwoo knew. Sunggyu was still trapped in his memories.

                “I know but you’re still thinking of him.”

                “Dongwoo… today, he should have come with Sungjong and Hoya but, he’s not here.” The other voiced out. Tone forged with hurt and sadness.

                “Hyung…”

                “In just 3 days… 3 days… it’ll mark the 3rd year.” Dongwoo knew. He always knew. Knew how much the older was hurting, how the older had wanted to forget but couldn’t.

                “Do you still love him?”

                “Of course I do.” In the midst of their conversation, they had begun to slow down and soon stopped to just standing there near the park.

                “Hyung… are you still… hoping?” Dongwoo still asked even though he already knew the answer. In his heart he still wished that his hyung will stop though. Because it only hurts him more.

                “Yeah.”

                “You should forget him, hyung. You’re only hurting yourself. I’m not telling you to give up or anything but… hyung, it’s been almost 3 years.” Although Dongwoo was normally a crazy wacky and weird cheerful guy who only seems to know how to play around and laugh, he was still actually a really caring person. He cared for his friends a lot and can be really serious and helpful.

                “I know but I…” Sunggyu began but only blurred out. He didn’t know what he had wanted to say himself. Or maybe, he just didn’t want to admit how much he still hoped.

                “Maybe you should find yourself another partner.” Dongwoo advised. He simply didn’t want his hyung to be in such pain anymore.

                “What? No.” The other rejected with a harsh shake of his friend. Really against the idea of forgetting him and finding someone else.

                “But hyung, I didn’t want to tell you this but there’s too little chance. It’s not only 3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, or even 3 months since he’s gone, it’s 3 years.” Dongwoo stated. He himself was missing and hoping too but he knew the reality of things. The chances are too slim.

                “I know yet it doesn’t stop me from thinking, from worrying, or from hoping.” Sunggyu’s voice was beginning to crack and his previous attempt of acting ‘not-caring’ simply falling.

                “Hyung-” Dongwoo was about to say something but he was interrupted when a voice from a distance called out to them.

                “DONGWOO HYUNG! SUNGGYU HYUNG!” Dongwoo and Sunggyu looked over to where the voice was emitted from and saw Sungjong happily waving to them with Hoya by his side. Sunggyu quickly walked towards them with a smile place on his face. Dongwoo sighed internally before pulling up a gigantic grin before making his way toward the others.

                “Hey.” Sunggyu simply greeted as he reached them.

                “Hello Hyung!” The maknae chimed while Hoya, which Sunggyu guessed, gave him a small smile. Sunggyu turned to Hoya and held out his hand.

                “Hoya, right? I’m Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu.” The other took his hand and shook it while givi

Please log in to read the full chapter