Chapter 13

Missing and Misplacement
Please log in to read the full chapter
So yep~ I'm finally back with Missing and Misplacement! Sorry for taking so long to update! I was on a mini-hiatus for a period of time. (And if you didn't notice, I've been trying to update Queen.) I'm sorry for taking so long even though I was going to update a week or so ago. But then again...Life.
On the other hand~ I hope you like this chapter.
I decided to speed up the progress/flow of this story so that it's no longer dragging and so that this story won't end up at like....70 chapters or something.
So yeah, my longest update of all times~ 7010 words.

“No need to worry. Everything is going as planned.” A man said into a phone as he sat himself down onto the couch and leaned back, smirk evident on his lips.

“Are you sure?” Came a voice from the other side. The man couldn’t help but snorted while his eyes turned, rolling them in obvious annoyance.

“Of course. I’m 99.9% sure that everything is perfect. There’s certainly going to be some confusion for a while, but I’m sure as time goes on, it’ll be perfect.” He said through great confidence. It already appeared that everything is progressing smoothly and completely flawless. There was literally no flaws anywhere in his plan.

“Good.” There was laughter on the other side of the line. “Good. Now remember, make them fully believe you. Just for 5 months. That’s all we need.” The tone was marked in the depth of amusement. And a deep mood of vexatious satisfaction.

“Of course.” Then the line dropped dead. The man smirked to himself in the dark room as he lowered the phone from his ear.

“5 months your face. Watch me twist that world of yours.”

He picked up a picture frame from a table placed next to the comfort. He slowly brought the frame up to his chest, somewhere he can easily see. He ran a finger over it gently and slowly as if he was someone’s cheek.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, his tone sad and apologetic.

 

“Hyung!” A young raven exclaimed when he caught sight of a certain grandpa hamster. The grandpa was just about parading through the university entrance. The said male looked up when he heard his name being called. As soon as he looked up, he made eye contact with a chirpy raven. The raven had bounced over to him and was looking up at him with sparkling eyes. Sunggyu chuckled at the sight and gave him a small smile.

“Hey Myungsoo.” He pulled the younger into an awkward hug. He knew that he shouldn’t act so tense and stiff with Myungsoo but he just couldn’t get himself to be as intimate as he was with the younger in the past. Myungsoo didn’t notice the awkwardness as he hugged the older back happily.

“Morning Hyung!” He chirped when the two released each other from their arms. The older can only give a small smile in return alongside a pat on the head.

“Morning.”

It has been exactly one month since the appearance, or return, of Kim Myungsoo. That very day could only be described as dramatic. It was overwhelmed by different emotions that went from one extreme to another. Although many were surprised, shocked, or something of the similar, they all shared the fact that they have trouble accepting Myungsoo. Most of the group were able to come to term with Kim Hyunsoo not being Kim Myungsoo already in the past but to those who haven’t, they were troubled by the new addition.

 

“Kim Myungsoo? As in… Myungsoo from 3 years ago?” Sungyeol asked in disbelief as soon as the 3 introduced the newcomer. The 4 nodded to indicate a ‘yes’ and the remaining 4 of the group continued to stay silent as they were speechless. Hoya himself was completely confused as he had no idea what was happening. From his thoughts, Hyunsoo should be Myungsoo so why was there another ‘Myungsoo’? Sungyeol and Sungjong was just… stunned.

“Yeah.” Dongwoo merely answered. He honestly had no idea how to confront the others about Myungsoo but then again, there really wasn’t any ways around it except straight-out telling.

“N-nice to meet everyone, I’m Kim Myungsoo.” And with that said, Myungsoo bowed and introduced himself once again.

While Myungsoo, Hyunsoo, Dongwoo, and Woohyun sat with a more nervous or anxious expression, Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Hoya had confusion and disbelief and as for Sunggyu? The oldest was staring at Myungsoo with an unreadable expression. There were many emotions that were swirling inside him and he wasn’t sure which exactly was he supposed to feel. At first, he was not expecting the sudden appearance and was immensely taken aback from it. He was happy and relieved but confused.

His Myungsoo was back but, he wasn’t even able to get himself to feel as escalated as he should feel with Myungsoo back. Somewhere in him, he had expected Myungsoo to never come back, especially since he learned to accept it as if the younger had died 3 years ago. He had almost hypnotized himself long ago to give up on Myungsoo as he figured that the younger was probably no longer of the world. He has struggled, but at one point, he accepted it. But now...now, Myungsoo suddenly appeared.

As everyone in group questioned each other and even interrogated Myungsoo, Sunggyu only sat there blankly. He only stared at the younger as the others talked away. The oldest was fighting himself and his inner emotions.

 

 

It’s been a full month since that fateful day and the group is still as separated as usual. Everyone was slowly learning to accept Myungsoo back into their lives despite it proving to be quite difficult. Although some of the members endorsed promptly.

Sungyeol and Sungjong had easily believed Myungsoo and invited him into the group since the two may not have known him as deep as the others. Sure they had doubts in the beginning but those were erased as soon as they arose because this Myungsoo was exactly like the old Myungsoo, in their eyes. He appeared just as quiet or ‘shy’ and in spite of a face change, Myungsoo was still handsome. He also matched with all the rumors and characteristics that the others spoke of. Such as his interest in photography and his unique all-black fashion.

On the other hand, Dongwoo still kept his doubts which was in defiance with his trust and belief on the surface. Since meeting Hyunsoo, he has always thought of the younger as ‘Myungsoo’ even if there were countless evidence proving the opposite. But Dongwoo decided that those ‘evidence’ were of no proof themselves since they were mainly of Hoya and Woohyun’s stories. Furthermore, he wasn’t able to shake off the feeling that Myungsoo may be hiding something. The younger appeared to be overly prepared despite being in the pretense of amnesia. Myungsoo had an explanation and excuse for any questions thrown at him.

Contrary to Dongwoo, Woohyun was alleviated and gratified. With the appearance of Myungsoo and the fact that he was alive and well, the previous worrisome situation were of no importance. If Myungsoo was existing then it meant that Hyunsoo wasn’t Myungsoo. And if Hyunsoo was indeed not Myungsoo then Woohyun no longer needed to worry about being abandoned by the younger for Sunggyu. Woohyun’s jubilation led to him being grateful towards Myungsoo, therefore he welcomed the younger was open arms. But, it was a different case for Hoya.

Hoya was puzzled and stumped about the recent change of event. He was literally one hundred percent positive that Hyunsoo was Myungsoo but reality now is implying the adverse. Being one of the newest addition to the group and one who holds doubts towards the boy, Hoya wasn’t sure of how to treat the younger. He had pronounced to give the least amount of communication and interaction needed. Hence, whenever he met the younger he’ll simply send a smile to indicate that he didn’t detest the other or by any means was ignoring him. Because if he really was Myungsoo then the boy has been through too much. Perhaps the same amount of pain and suffering like Myungsoo, if not more. But then again, he doubts that. He was reluctant to believe that anyone has experienced over Hyunsoo. The younger simply been through too much, way too much.

Distinctly, Hyunsoo was eased and reassured now that Myungsoo was back. He has learned of Sunggyu’s pain and suffering over the past few months and felt wistful for the older. Hyunsoo was convinced that Sunggyu will no longer be mournful but encouraged since the older, or was it younger, has returned. He felt overjoyed and glad for the two, his sunbae and Myungsoo. And talking about Myungsoo, the two got long comfortably and smoothly as they strangely share a lot in common. He kind of already knew since Dongwoo and Sunggyu mentioned how Myungsoo also liked photography, guitar, and the color black. But the duo surely can be mistaken as twins if not for the current unalike features.

Disparate to the majorities of belief, Sunggyu wasn’t able to muster himself into the jubilation that people believed him to be, if not contentment. Indeed he should be the happiest in regards to Myungsoo’s return, but that belief was betrayed. He wasn’t. In fact, he wasn’t sure where exactly his feelings lies. Sunggyu felt guilty that he was unable to portray the emotions since he should be experiencing since he should be in glee and relief that the younger was alive and back. But he himself didn’t understand anymore. Every minute he spends with the younger, he only feels guilt due to the absence of his bliss. Sunggyu is able to see the happiness in Myungsoo’s eyes and that the younger enjoyed being with him but he himself for some unknown reason, didn’t feel the same. He didn’t want to spend as much time with the younger as he thought he should have wanted. He just no longer understand anything anymore. But maybe he was still in denial. There are certain things which he hopes to never admit.

 

“Woo, can I talk to you?” Hoya was currently over at Woohyun and Myungsoo’s condo. It was pretty late into the night and the youngest of the three has fallen asleep a while ago. The living room was filled with silence except for the random specks of sound from the open television. Woohyun was simply snuggling into the couch since Myungsoo was sleeping, therefore he couldn’t cuddle with him. But as Hoya suddenly sat down next to him and spoke in a solemn tone, the elder stared at him, confused.

“What?” He shut the device and paid attention to the younger male. Hoya stayed silent. But after a moment of hesitation, he gave up.

“It’s about Hyunsoo.” Hoya said with a sigh. There was something in the younger’s tone that Woohyun didn’t exactly favor so the older sat up straight right away. And as if already knowing what was about to be said, he tightened his hold on one of the cushions he had in his lap.

Seeing that Woohyun appeared to have prepared himself and was now listening attentively, the dancer began. “Woo, I don’t believe this Myungsoo is the same Myungsoo the rest knew from 3-4 years ago. I think he’s different.”

“What do you mean by that?” Woohyun asked with a frown. He was not liking the flow of the conversation and in fact, he was growing bitter by the second. And when Hoya was about to answer, Woohyun angrily cut him off, clearly done with Hoya and his theories. “What, are you going to say that Hyunsoo is Myungsoo?”

“Yes.” As soon as the word was finally released, exactly what Woohyun has predicted was going to be said, he fiercely stood up and glared down at the younger.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Since the beginning you have been saying that Hyunsoo is Myungsoo. Are you trying to break us apart or something? Just what are you planning Lee Howon!?”

“Woohyun, calm down. I don’t mean that.” Woohyun at that point was hollering at Hoya with so much anger that his face has turned red. The dancer knew that the elder was surely pissed off since his real name was used. They all knew that ‘Lee Howon’ will never be mentioned unless it was serious or in this case, out of extreme anger. But as soon as Hoya attempted to make the older relax, he was only answered with a scoff and sarcastic animosity.

“Then what? By telling me this, aren’t you planning to separate us? Are you jealous? Is that it?”

“Woohyun, you know that I don’t mean anything bad. I just want to tell you what I honestly think. You should know that Hyunsoo isn’t Hyunsoo and that we really don’t know anything about him either!” Hoya also stood up and now he was face-to-face with his best-friend.

“So what if we don’t freaking know anything about him? He’s Hyunsoo right now and that’s all that freaking matters!” Woohyun was beginning to get on his nerves and he can’t believe how irresponsible and childish the older thoughts were. It was as if his reasons has left him.

“Woohyun you’re being selfish right now! Have you never thought about Hyunsoo? About Sunggyu? About everyone else in the group?” Thinking about the poor boy who knows of nothing but what he’s been told, Hoya felt sad and guilty. Hyunsoo didn’t deserve to be left in the dark. He deserves to know everything he has known before his memory-lost. Hoya also didn’t want to think of Sunggyu who could be tricked into this whole mess.

“What about them do I need to think of? Myungsoo is back isn’t he? Why should I be concerned about what they think of Hyunsoo?” Woohyun was not taking anything. He was tired of Hoya coming up with things that will break his and Hyunsoo’s relationship.

“That is exactly the point! I find that Myungsoo suspicious!” The younger of the two threw his hands up in frustration. Why is it that Woohyun can’t understand?

“You’re only saying that because you don’t want Hyunsoo to be with me! Because you think Hyunsoo is Myungsoo and that Hyunsoo should go to Sunggyu!”

“No!” He yelled, his voice rising to a level that was unnecessary. Although they have been screaming at each other’s face, they kept it low enough so that it wouldn’t wake Hyunsoo. Therefore he lowered his tone. “I don’t mean anything like that!”

“Then what are you ing planning Lee Howon?” The older crossed his arms across his chest and gave the younger a pointed look.

“I’m not planning anything.” He sighed and plopped himself down onto the couch.

“Then why? Why are you saying this? Why are you bringing this up when everything has been fine? Why are you claiming all of this even though Myungsoo has returned and that it’s obvious that Hyunsoo isn’t Myungsoo?” He stayed standing as he watched the younger get frustrated by the minute.

“That’s because it’s too hard to believe. That Myungsoo is obviously suspicious.”

“How in any way is he suspicious? He’s nice to everyone and he’s similar to Hyunsoo too. He is exactly like the Myungsoo from 3 years ago! The only thing that changed is his face!” He threw his arms in disbelief. Just what is suspicious about Myungsoo? It didn’t make sense that Myungsoo wasn’t Myungsoo and that Hyunsoo was actually Myungsoo.

“That’s the thing. His face.”

“What do you mean by his face? It’s obvious that it had changed since he has been in an accident. He said his face was greatly scarred and the only thing he could do was get surgery.”

“Even if that was true, don’t you think that something is off here? No matter what we ask, what we want to know, he seems to have an answer for everything!”

“So you’re saying that he is too prepared and that he might be lying about something?”

“Yes.” With that, the room once again fell into a silence as Woohyun merely stood there staring down at Hoya was a face full of disbelief.

“Something is wrong with you.”

“Woo-”

“Leave.” Woohyun suddenly said. “Go back. It’s late and I don’t want to talk to you right now.”

“Woo-”

“Please. Just, just leave.” The older no longer stayed in the living room as he began walking towards his own room. He didn’t want to prolong this conversation any longer. He was just so tired of it all. Just what has happened to Hoya? They were never like this before. Everything changed once they arrived at Seoul.

They should have just never came to Seoul.

 

“Hyung.” Dongwoo called out to the spaced out man rather earnestly. The usual dinosaur was no longer as energetic as he once been. His typical demeanor and personality appeared to take a turn since the appearance of Hyunsoo. Now, it was natural to see him humorless or without his contagious laughter

Please log in to read the full chapter