retrouvailles

right around the corner

 

 

retrouvailles (french) - the joy of meeting someone again after a long period of time ; reunion 

 

 

 

 

the strange flashback instantaneously ends and i wake up in a cold sweat. 

everyone looks at me worriedly in silence til i slowly ask, "what happened?"

jungkook answers, "your eyes rolled back really creepily and you passed out for like a minute." he paused, "are you getting enough sleep?"

i nod my head, "yeah, im-"

 

and then a horrifying scream that will forever be in my nightmares fills my ears.

i immediately turn around and slam the door open. 

inside, jimin is sitting on the bed with hot tears pouring down his face.

 

by the look on his face, i realize that he remembers. 

was it similar to the flashbacks i just had?

 

he screams, "get away from me!" and pulls out a knife underneath the pillow. 

the other idols don't know that he's trying to protect them from himself and assume he's gone berserk again. 

half run out of the room terrified while the other half pounce onto him. 

 

yugyeom shouts, "i'm done with death!"

jimin pushes them away while trying not to cut them.

"im sorry," he says and turns the knife around.

 

before any of us can register what he's doing,

before any of us even comprehend what he's gone through the past 2 minutes,

before any of us can stop him, 

 

jimin stabs himself through his forehead. 

 

he faintly smiles and whispers, "i'd rather do it myself than put the guilt on anyone else."

"but don't you know that's a feeling we'll never escape from?" i murmured.

 

i drop to my knees.

yugyeom, mark, jackson, and jin slip off jimin's body and stand up.

"what just happened?" mark barely whispers.

 

someone knocks on the door.

jungkook asks, "can i come in?"

"no!" jin shouts but jungkook ignores him and enters the room anyway.

 

he sees jimin's body with a knife.

he stops for a moment then looks at the guys, "did you do this?"

jackson shakes his head, "suicide."

 

i looked down at my hands and lifted them to touch my eyes. 

they were dry.

looking up, i saw the other idols weren't crying either. 

 

we've become so apathetic.

i remember crying after seeing my friends die one by one but now...

 

"let's get outta here," jungkook said while helping me up.

we walk outside the building where the rest are standing on a beach in the distance. 

the wind is strong and clouds are forming.

 

already moving on from jimin's death, jackson asks, "so, how're we gonna get off this damn island?"

junior laughs, "you won't believe what we found."

he takes out an old flip phone from his pocket, "i tripped over a rock while walking over here and underneath it was this and a sticky note that had a number and 'pd-nim' scrawled on it."

 

it's so ironic and unbelievable i can barely contain my laughter.

 

"you wanna try calling the number?" youngjae looks at the phone with hopeful eyes.

jaebum says, "i think i should call. i have the lowest expectations from this dilapidated phone."

no one disagrees and junior hands him the flip phone.

 

his finger ever so slightly shakes as he punches in the numbers. 

we watch as he enters the last number.

he lifts the phone up to his ear and waits.

after 10 seconds, he sighs, "like i unexpected."

 

suddenly, someone picks up and a crackly voice greets, "hello!"

for a split second we stand there in awe, shocked that someone was on the other side.

instantly we're all screaming complaints, questions and just cries for help.

 

"excuse me?" the woman asks.

jackson immediately shouts, "where's pd-nim? we need to-"

junior interrupts, "got7, bts, and 15and were supposed to film a musical on an island off the coast of california. we've completed filming and need a jet or airplane to pick us up immediately. we smell and feel quite disgusting."

 

i whisper to him, "why are you lying-" 

putting a finger up to his lips, he silences me.

 

"ah!" the change in the woman's tone is obvious, maybe because she remembered her job or realized that we were idols, "we've been expecting your call. pd says you were all intelligent enough to find the hidden phone. i hope it didn't take too long to find."

 

"nope! not long at all," jinyoung barely smiles through gritted teeth.

we listen as the woman yells at someone else to start the airplane on the runway. 

she returns to the phone, "please wait about 10 minutes. i'll stay on the line in case something happens. i checked and the weather is quite dark and breezy."

 

"wasn't the flight to here like hours long?" jungkook asks.

jaebum shrugs, "they probably have another site in california. airports are pretty global, you know."

 

"guys." yugyeom looks up, "what if this was the musical? a bunch of idols trying to find the murderer within themselves. and what if everyone who 'died' was in on it?"

"i wish," i sigh. 

jungkook rolls his eyes, "you're really in denial, aren't you? you saw jimin kill himself. you saw him talking a minute before and completely lifeless the next. do you want to go back to the hotel to smell his decaying flesh?"

 

rap mon places his hand on jungkook's shoulder, "calm down. we're almost free," and points towards a small dot in the distance. 

it gradually becomes larger and a small airplane comes into view.

"should we move?" mark looks around.

jackson replies, "nah they're probably touch down more inland. this sand is way too unstable."

 

as he predicted, we watch the airplane go over us and land somewhere in between the tall trees.

we run towards the plane, panting for some sort of real shelter and human interaction, and to just get away from this cursed island.

 

a man stands outside of it, "welcome."

his facial expression doesn't change in the least as he gets a whiff of our stench.

we sit down in the cramped seats and the pilot smiles, "to seoul, i presume."

"yes!" jackson grins.

 

the engine groans and the next thing i know, we're in the air. 

a giggle suddenly escapes from me.

we're...free. 

a wave of exhaustion and reality comes crashing down but it doesn't hurt as much as i though it would.

 

i notice a slip of paper sticking out from my pocket.

pulling it out, i realize that it's bambam's confession. 

rereading it, a tear spills out from my parched eyes.

 

 

 


 

 

 

we arrive at a private airport in seoul, with no one waiting for us, obviously.

a man appears and takes us to a lounge to wait.

i take a look at the the clock ; it's 3 am.

 

i look at the tired faces around me, "we should probably be at a hospital but no one is giving us a second look."

jin shakes his head, "i'm just glad to be alive, honestly."

 

a half hour later, pd-nim shows up. 

no matter how pissed i am at him, my energy is depleted and i just listen.

 

"how does it feel?" he looks down on us. 

jungkook sneers, "how does it feel knowing that in a month your career will be destroyed and people will be coming to kill you?"

"eh," he waves his hand, "i've felt worse. when my wife filed a divorce-"

"we're not here to listen to your story," jaebum interrupted, "stop acting like you're the villain when you were just watching through cameras. jimin was the true murderer and you didn't even intend for this absurd mystery to occur. you just wanted to money out of us. i have no clue as to how you managed to convince our managers and companies to allow us to film this musical other than threatening them. just stop it."

 

pd looked away, the embarassment of how shallow he was evident on his face.

he quickly dials a number and soon a woman comes over, "let's take you guys to a hospital."

 

 

 


 

 

 

i'm normally known for being a foodie but damn fruits and vegetables have never tasted so good.

later on, i took a shower and the dirty water flowing to the drain was a dark brown color.

normally, people would feel guilty for enjoying luxuries when they should be mourning but something in me said that i deserved it, almost like a pat on the back.

"good work, you're still alive." 

 

well, you're bound to feel some sort of shame and regret ; especially when your crush unconsciously becomes a serial killer and you watch him commit suicide. 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

btw i'm sorry to the people who wanted more jungkook x jamie moments through the story

but it was just hard to incorporate it into the plot esp since this is my first full story and im a noob lmao

BUT I SWEAR I'LL PUT SOME IN THE NEXT CHAPTER