under my breath

right around the corner

 

 

(because capitalizing letters is way too much work)

 

 

 

a shout seized the cool morning wind and I sighed and stood up. another day, another death.

making my way back into the hotel, i saw the other idols rushing to a room. 

"what happened?" i asked, my short height putting me at a disadvantage. 

jungkook moves aside and i see yoongi and jimin laying on the floor. 

 

except yoongi has blood gushing from his forehead and jimin has a bloody knife in his hand.

the scene is quite obvious but none of us can believe it.

 

"there is no way in hell that jimin is the killer," jin shakes his head. 

"but the evidence is quite clear," jaebum states.

"no. no, no, no." namjoon whispers, clutching his hair. 

 

i lean down and gently press my ear against jimin's chest. a soft thump vibrates through his body every moment or so and i sigh in relief. 

"he's still alive."

"so what do we do?" yugyeom asks.

jaebum thoughtfully answers, "let's put him in a separate room for now. we don't know what may happen when he wakes up."

the rest of us agree and work together to move jimin's unconscious body to another room while jin and namjoon stay behind to clean up yoongi's deceased body. 

 

"you know, i kind of always suspected jimin," youngjae says while tying him onto a bed. 

jungkook coldly laughs, "ironic how you've never mentioned that before."

"well i wouldn't want to offend any of you guys," youngjae smiles, "i want us to stay friends."

"unless one of us dies," jungkook barely mutters.

 

we finish restraining jimin to the bed and only i notice a small cylinder slip from his pocket. 

but before i can reach it, jimin's hand is tightly clutching my wrist. 

i look up and his eyes are glazed and drowsy.

suddenly, we're the only ones in the room and i start to panic. 

"j-jimin?" i stutter nervously. 

 

he blinks several times and releases the secure grip he has on my arm. 

jimin slowly sits up and returns the container to his pocket, "please don't mention this to anyone," he begs and i realize he's talking about the tube. 

"do you not remember-" i leave my question incomplete and instead ask something else, "can i see the bottle again?" 

"sure," he hesistantly takes out the nearly empty orange cylinder and it only takes me a second to register what it is. 

"what kind of pills are in there?" i hear my voice waver. 

jimin replies, "stress pills. but don't tell the others ; i don't want them to worry about me while we're trying to find the murderer."

 

everything makes sense now.

"oh my god," i whisper and push my bangs away from my forehead.

i repeat, "oh my god,"

"what?" jimin tilts his head dangerously cute.

 

"where did you get those pills from?" i cross my fingers. 

he looks up, trying to remember, "it was after j-hope died and i found them in his belongings."​

"of course," i sigh. 

"jimin you can tell me if something's wrong. i've been answering all of your questions but you haven't responded to any of mine."

 

i begin to pace back and forth, "do you have any idea what kind of side effects those pills have? did a special psychiatrist prescribe them specifically for j-hope?"

he shrugs, "dunno."

but before i can slap him for being so careless he continues, "they were j-hope's and i trust him. i don't understand what you're making a big fuss out of."

 

shaking my head, i say, "wait here for a moment," before sprinting out the room. 

he laughs after me, "that's pretty easy to do when you're tied up."

 

i head to the lobby to find the rest of the idols lounging about. 

"guys!" i shout, "i think i know what caused the series of deaths."

they stand up immediately and follow me back the room jimin's tied up in. 

 

"can i see your pill bottle again?" i ask. 

he sighs, "and i asked you to keep it a secret." but nonetheless hands it over.

i hold the tube up for everyone to see, "jimin found these stress pills in j-hope's luggage after he died."

jaebum immediately gets it, "and you're saying that the pills let him release his stress through murder."

 

"wait," i whisper, "he doesn't remember anything. he thinks he's completely innocent."

jin's eyes quickly turned wet, "he doesn't know? the guilt that's going to sit on him will be so heavy." he sits down on the bed and cradles jimin in his arms.

"hyung!" jimin pouted. 

jin said nothing and let his tears descend into jimin's hair. 

 

it was quite a melancholy moment until junior interjected, "guys, can we discuss this outside?"

nodding our heads, we all stepped into the hallway.

 

"what do we do?" yugyeom immediately asks.

rap monster replies, "even if the murderer is truly jimin, we have no way of returning to korea."

"how do we even contact anyone?" yugyeom wonders more.

junior calmly says, "i know we have a lot of questions but we need to decide what to do right now. we know how to stop the deaths but no idea what to do with-" 

 

suddenly, my hearing and vision fades away and my whole world literally whirls upside down.

im in a dim room, tied to a chair, when a cloaked figure approaches me. 

they gently tilt my head back and force a couple pills down my throat, followed by a swig of water.

 

abruptly, everything fast forwards ; almost like a movie.

watch myself as i wake up and struggle to free myself from the bonds holding me to a chair. 

everything zooms by as i break the chair and look up at a vent high on a wall. 

all at once the floor disappears and im falling.

 

a sense of deja vu surges through my body.

 

my vision flips once again and i see myself attacking jimin. 

my conscience can do nothing as i feel myself being dragged and locked into a room. 

i unleash my beast mode and wreck the whole room, not giving a single damn. 

straight away, i feel drained and collapse right on the spot. 

 

the strange flashback instantaneously ends and i wake up in a cold sweat. 

everyone looks at me worriedly in silence til i slowly ask, "what happened?"

jungkook answers, "your eyes rolled back really creepily and you passed out for like a minute." and paused, "are you getting enough sleep?"

i nod my head, "yeah, im-"

 

and then a horrifying scream that will forever be in my nightmares fills my ears. 

 

 

 


 

gAsp

its jimin!!

(but after the 6201984 clues im pretty sure most of you guys realized it)

(please excuse the last line because its so cheesy oops)

;)

 

feel free to comment thoughts, theories, critisisms, etc.