vanished II

right around the corner

 

 

 

I watched as everyone raced back into the hotel to find Jimin. 

I looked back down at Yerin's body and cried, "I'm so sorry,"

Suddenly, something sharp stabbed my arm and my vision immediately began to blur. 

"What-" I barely whispered before fainting. 

 

 

 

As I slowly began to wake up again, I looked around, not recognizing the dimly lit room I was in. 

My arms and legs were tightly tied onto an old wooden chair and the rope stung my skin. 

I couldn't see any doors in the room and panic bubbled inside me. 

"What should I do?" 

 

I didn't have anything sharp to cut the rope with nor any idea what to do. 

"I don't want to die here. I want to see my parents,"

Tears began to form in the corner of my eyes. 

 

I took a deep breath and said to myself, "Now's not the time to get emotional. Prince Charming isn't going to coincidentally waltz in here and a knife isn't going to magically appear in front of you. Use your brain for once, Jimin," 

After staring at the chair for a minute or so, and an idea formed in my head. 

I tried to stand up then slammed the peeling chair against the floor.

A huge crack formed into one of the legs. 

I quietly smiled.

For once, my weight had a positive side to it. 

 

After continuously slamming the chair against the ground, finally all four legs broke off.

The rope tieing my legs to the chair were now a pile on the floor. 

Either the murderer didnt think through things very well or was in a rush.

I assumed the latter because he seemed to be very strategic and smart. 

 

I glanced at the upper half of the chair, still tied to my arms and waist. 

I was unsure of how to get free of the ropes binding my arms and even if I did think of idea, I couldn't see any ways of escaping this strange room. 

Suddenly, I heard a loud banging above me.

Slowly, I looked up and saw a small vent on the ceiling.

 

"Seriously?" I sighed.

With my short height, and an already broken chair, I had no way to reach the vent nor did I have a screwdriver to remove the cover. 

A terrifying thought suddenly flew through my mind as I wondered if a wall was a one way mirror and the killer was watching me like a rat in a maze. 

 

Fear crept up my body as I realized that I may not even be on the island anymore.

I had no idea how long I was asleep or what time it was.

I began to pace around the room, thinking about what I should do, until I stepped on a square tile slightly softer than the others.

 

I heard a small click and when I looked down, the floor disappeared.

I fell into the darkness and screamed as loud as my lungs would allow me.

"HELP! SAVE ME! S-SOMEBODY! PLEASE!" 

And then I felt the impact. 

 

Miraculously, I landed on my back and completely broke the rest of the chair from my back but a piece of wood stabbed my arm.

I yelped in pain and blood immediately began to gush from the wound as I pulled out the wood. 

Wincing, I tried to stand up and used the wall as support. 

 

"Where am I?" My voice echoed through the tall room.

There were two tunnels that led in opposite directions and held darkness at both ends.

Clasping my hands, I sent a quick prayer and hoped my friends would appear soon.

Mustering up what little courage I had, I went with my gut feeling and headed left.

 

The tunnel had no light and I only had the wall and floor to help me.

Slowly, I walked through the tunnel.

It seemed to endlessly go in one direction. 

Suddenly, I realized that the tunnel was slowly ascending.

 

Did that mean I was underground the whole time?

Was nothing else going to happen to me?

I turned around, expecting a monster to jump out from the dark. 

I continued forward through the darkness, until I saw a faint light.

My face lit up and I couldn't stop smiling.

 

Stumbling into a jog, I ran until I could see and feel sunlight.

When I reached the top, I realized I was on a beach.

Turning around, the sand above the tunnel collapsed, burying the entrance.

 

I thought nothing of it and felt the rough, warm sand against my hands and the cold water washing up around my feet.

The sun was setting and I never been more happy to see a sunset.

After enjoying the moment, I turned around and saw the tip of the hotel in the distance.

Still beaming, I began to walk towards the building. 

 

As I got closer, I began to walk faster and soon broke into a run.

I burst through the doors and saw my friends.

JB was furiously pacing around and was the first to notice me.

He ran over and pulled me into a tight hug. 

The others ran over and spewed questions.

 

"Where were you?" 

"What happened to your arm?" 

"Do you know where Yerin is?" 

"Did you find out who the murderer is?"

I couldn't find the words to answer any of their questions and simply grinned back as tears streamed down my face.

 

"I'm sure you were scared all by yourself, Jimin-ah," JB soothingly petted my head. 

Jin scolded the others to stop overwhelming me but I didn't mind.

As I was about to tell him that I was fine, my vision suddenly blurred and my head throbbed. 

"I'm-" I faltered and the last thing I saw was the peeling ceiling.

 

 


 

 

I slowly woke up and found myself laying on a bed. 

I sat up and looked around. 

The already stained walls had claw marks on them and the bed I was sitting on had torn up sheets.

All the furniture was cluttered as if someone had thrown them around. 

 

"What happened here?" I asked. 

I stood up and tried to open the door but it was locked. 

"Hello?" I called out, "Anyone out there?"

 

After a few whispers, I heard the doorknob click and the door slowly opened. 

Jungkook and Jackson stood in front of the door, with terrified expressions.

"What is it? Is there something on my face?"

They both immediately sighed and Jackson explained, "Well, uh, you kinda went insane,"

 

If you've been a little disappointed that no one has died in a while, don't worry, there'll be plenty of death in the next chapters.

I also recently caught a cold so the next update may take a while.

Thanks for reading and supporting Right Around the Corner!

 

So, who do you think is the murderer?