bordeaux

right around the corner

 

 

bordeaux (french) - a dark shade of red ; also a category of wine produced in the Bordeaux area of France

 

 

 

 

When PD-nim finally arrived on a helicopter, we rushed to him. 

 "What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Everyone, please calm down," He looked at our tear-stained faces.

"How the do you expect us to calm down?" Suga screamed. 

 

Ignoring him, PD-nim continued on, "We've evacuated all other people on this island onto an airplane set to return to California. For now, you guys will continue on composing and preparing for the musical. We've decided not to tell the media about J-Hope and to continue on the mountain of success we're already receiving. In a few weeks when the reality tv show is released, we'll tell the news. And don't worry, the police have already found a couple suspects and have placed security all over the island so you guys are safe." 

Jackson asked, "And why is this just now happening?" 

"Well," the producer sighed, "We assumed just being on this island would secure you guys nicely. Its extremely hard to get access onto here and its nearly impossible to travel here by yourself." 

 

"Wait a second," Jungkook looked up, "You're expecting us to continue working on the musical on the same island as someone who was murdered a few hours ago? What if the true culprit ran into the forest and is waiting to kill the rest of us? Can't we go to a small woods in Korea and film there?" 

PD-nim said, "Some of the staff asked the same thing but majority decided to keep this as realistic as possible." 

"Are you insane?" Bambam stared.

"Aish, stop asking questions and just go get some sleep," he shooed his hands.

"You expect us to sleep in the same place he was murdered in too?" Yugyeom whined. 

 

"Come on guys," Rap Monster led up back to the hotel.

He looked furious but said nothing else, "Clearly PD-nim won't listen to any of our bull so we'll have to deal with it for now."

We returned back to our separate rooms and I glanced at the other tired idols.

I awkwardly announced, "I'm going to brush my teeth," and walked into the bathroom without a response. 

 

I took my toothbrush and began to gently scrub my teeth. My eyelids suddenly became heavy and the scrubbing slowed down. The next thing I knew, my head hit something hard and I was knocked out cold.

A few minutes later, I slowly opened my eyes. Worried faces surrounded my vision and I heard a familiar voice say, "Jimin-ah?" 

Someone else said, "She's bleeding!" 

"Are you okay Jimin?" The voice repeated.

And then I passed out again.

 

 


 

 

When I awoke, I felt something cool pressing against my head and dazily sat up.

I glanced at the clock and realized I had about a full 8 hours of sleep, explaining why I felt so refreshed.

It was rare for me to sleep well these days, especially with the recent turn of events. 

 

Jaebum entered the room I was in and started, "Um, Jimin, I have some news to tell you." 

"Go ahead," I casually yawned. 

"Well, um, Bambam is dead." He stated.

My eyes widened and I immediately jumped out of bed, wincing at the cold floor.

"I thought PD-nim said we were safe! How could this happen?" I shouted as I ran out the room. 

 

I immediately spotted the scene of the crime the moment I saw the crowd at the end of a hallway.

I pushed my way to the front and what I saw that day is still heavily imprinted into my brain. 

Bambam's corpse lay on the ground with a knife stabbed straight through his stomach.

His lips were already tinted blue and the tips of his fingers were turning purple. 

A growning scarlet stain blossomed from the knife and some blood was already beginning to pool onto the floor.

 

On the wall behind him there was a messy but straightforward message written with blood that read, "You will all die." 

I gasped and everyone turned to me. 

"Jimin! There's something Bambam wanted to give to you," Mark handed me a small envelope with the my name Jamie scrawled in the corner. 

I stared at the envelope, afraid of its contents, but everyone's curious eyes slowly made me tear the seal off.

I took out a single piece of paper with a small paragraph written on it. Holding the paper close to me I read the letter : 

 

Dear Jimin,

I've been meaning to tell you this for a while but I really love you. I know this sudden confession has poor timing in the midst of the musical and J-Hope's mysterious death but I hope you can accept my feelings. Do you remember those nights when you'd call me at night and we'd talk endlessly until one of us remembered what time it was? Remember when you'd always bring me my favorite chocolates whenever I was feeling down? I sincerely enjoyed those times and it seems your honest and beautiful self has touched my heart. I love you, Park Jimin.

Sincerely, Bambam

 

And that's when everything clicked.

The lifeless body of my best friend was on the ground.

I'd never get the chance to see his dorky grin or listen to him speak Thai again.

Someone out there murdered him for a reason ; a purpose.

 

I clutched the letter and tears streamed down my face.

I was gasping for air and stared at the body on the floor.

"Jimin, are you okay?" Jungkook quietly asked.

I slowly shook my head. 

"I'm leaving," I whispered. 

 

I ran out of the hotel, feeling the cool breeze against my skin. 

I mean, I always knew anyone could die at any given moment but I wasn't prepared for it to happen now.

I honestly wouldn't have been prepared at any time, nonetheless.

 

I hadn't been especially close with J-Hope so the pain hadn't hurt as much, but god, seeing Bambam wear such a lifeless expression broke me down.

I only was able to receive his confession after his death so I could never reply to him.

How long has he felt this way?

I recalled multiple times about how I'd talk to him about my crushes and would ask for advice. 

A second wave of guilt washed over me.

 

Suddenly, I heard a twig snap behind me.

I whipped my head around and saw Jungkook standing a few feet from me.

I sighed, worried it was possibly the murderer.

 

"Do you need something?" My voice slightly wavered. 

"That's what I'd like to ask you. You ran out pretty fast and everyone got worried," He responded and took a step forward.

"And if I can ask, what did Bambam write in the envelope?" He asked.

"Um, it's kind of private," I said.

"Oh, well, can I tell you a secret?" Jungkook asked.

I gently nodded.

 

"I never have the greatest timing, but I think I like you. I haven't sorted everything out inside my head but I know one thing for certain : I want you," He got even closer to me.

Normally, I'd laugh at this situation.

Two confessions from popular idols 10 minutes apart from each other.

But not now.

If I allowed anyone to get close to me now, I felt like I'd be betraying Bambam, who confessed to me when he wasn't even breathing. 

 

But before I could step away, Jungkook leaned dangerously close to me and repeated in my ear, "I want you."

His lips swerved towards mine but before they could touch, I shoved him away. 

"Are you sure you aren't a little crazy because J-Hope has died? Don't attach yourself to me just because you lost someone. Stop your delusional feelings and face reality," I coldly said and quickly returned to the hotel.

 

The body and message were still in the same place because most of the staff was forced to leave the island.

The hallway began to stink of dried blood and flesh. 

The least I could do was clean up the dead body of my friend but Jackson was a step ahead of me.

I watched him walk over with gloves and masks and he handed a pair.

Carefully, we lifted Bambam's body outside and put him on the ground. 

 

"I think we should burn the body and keep the ashes in a jar so it's more portable," Jackson suggested.

"But won't doctors want to analyze his body to see the cause of his death? Will there not be a funeral?" I asked.

"They're not going to send doctors anytime soon. And by the time the world realizes he's dead, this corpse will be nothing. We have nothing to preserve it with." He said.

"I guess we can collect his ashes then," I muttered.

 

Jackson took a lighter from his pocket and lit Bambam's pinkie on fire. 

"Imagine the spreading fire burning away all your regrets and small memories of him. It'll only leave the most important part of him - a sign of his existence," Jackson whispered as the roaring fire became louder than his voice. 

An hour or so later, I held a small jar full of the most stinky, yet precious ashes I'd ever held.

 

Feeling tired, I knocked on the room door that Yerin was sleeping in. 

Suga answered the door, "Yeah?" 

"Where's Yerin?" I asked.

"In the bathroom across the hallway, " He pasued, "Wait a second. I'm actually not sure. Just go check yourself."

 

I turned around but the door was wide open and the room was dark. 

"She's not there!" I exclaimed.

But before either of us could move, I heard a very familiar high-pitched scream behind me.

Terrifying thoughts already raced through my head as I spun around.

 


 

 

Hi guys!

Sorry its been about a month since I last updated.

Any guesses to who the murderer is?

Who do you think will get killed next?

Subscribe to stay updated!