bite your tongue

right around the corner

 

 

 

I turned around, terrified to see the cause of Yerin's scream. 

Yerin sat on the floor, wide-eyed, and surrounded with music sheets.

I rushed to her side, "Yerinnie, what happened?" 

"I-I was going to show you some lyrics that I wrote for the musical, but when I walked out, I thought I heard your voice from across the hall. I rushed down there, worried about if you were alone, when suddenly I heard your voice again. I rushed down another hallway  and I saw someone. And they were holding a s-spear. I was so scared and the only thing I could do was scream. Right when I heard you talking with Suga, the person disappeared. You saved my life, Jimin." Yerin began to sob.

Junior rushed over as well and gently rubbed Yerin's head, "Let's just hope they don't come for you again." 

 

"Do you remember what they looked like?" I asked. 

Yerin shook her head, "They were cloaked and I only saw them for a moment," 

I hugged Yerin, "I think we need a meeting with everyone," 

Suga said, "I'll call everyone to meet in the lobby," and left us alone. 

 

"This is really scary isn't it?" I asked.

"I can't believe PD-nim is making us stay here for some ty musical. How could he make us put our lives on the line? My biggest fear is if the murderer doesn't stop until he kills everyone. I'm so afraid, Jiminah."

I wrapped my arms tighter around Yerin and we sat there for moment before I said, "Let's go," 

I helped Yerin up and we headed towards the room where everyone was gathered.

 

"There's something I need to tell you guys," Jin immediately stood up once everyone gathered, "Sorry I've decided this by myself, but I told the remaining crew to leave and secure the island. The murderer is clearly targeting us and it'd be best for us to solve this mystery ourselves and not involve anyone else."

We all stared in shock. 

"Are you saying we're locked in? Are you serious? You sound as insane as PD-nim," Youngjae asked. 

"Yes," Jin looked around.

 

"Well I don't know if you guys have noticed but everyone who has died so far were staying in the same room me and Suga were in. We might have a high chance of being killed next," Jackson said. 

"Hey," I glared at him,"Yerin's also staying in the same room as you guys. Don't assume she's already dead just because the murderer targeted her. Besides, how did you even know Yerin almost died? I haven't even mentioned it yet."

Jackson put his hands up, "Calm down Jimin. I didn't know Yerin was targeted. So far the only people who have died were from BTS and Got7 so I assumed that you guys weren't at risk. Sorry." 

 

"Well maybe that's because one of us hasn't died yet! Maybe that's because Yerin's next!" I shouted. 

Tears began to drip down my cheeks as I said what I had been denying this whole time. 

I hated showing my weak side, especially when I needed to stay strong for Yerin. 

 

"Ji-jimin-ah," Yerin said, "I won't die. We're a pair and I'd never leave you. Don't worry." 

A strained smile formed on my face, "Yeah."

"You okay?" Rap Monster asked. 

I nodded. 

 

"Okay guys," JB got into gear, "Right now, we believe the murderer is one person, an outsider and not one of us. Everyone who has died or almost died were alone and in the hallway. They didn't bother hiding the bodies which means that they're trying to let us know that they're out there. They also killed with several weapons and left them which means they probably have multiple weapons and a storage place for them. And one more key fact ; the attacker knew when each one of us were alone in the hallways which likely means they're in the hotel and have cameras placed somewhere."

"Well damn, I never knew you were this much of an analyzer," Jin grinned. 

 

"Or maybe he could be the murderer," Jungkook muttered.

JB responded, "I'm just going to say that I'm not the killer but it's honestly up to you whether or not you believe me," 

"Guys, now is not the time to turn our backs on each other, " Mark spoke up.

"Whatever," Jungkook rolled his eyes.

 

Jaebum continued, "For now, let's completely search the hotel. We'll split into two groups. Make sure not one of you disappears and if you find anything, call me." 

Rap Monster said, "I'll take Junior, Taehyung, Mark, Yugyeom, Yerin and Suga. We'll look through the second floor while you guys check here and the lobby." 

He walked out with the rest following him. 

"Stay safe Yerin, " I squeezed her hand. 

She smiled before walking away.

 

"Okay guys," JB said to the rest of us, "We're going to look in every single room and don't forget to check every single drawer." 

We walked to the end of the hallway and entered the first room.

The door creaked open and everything was coated in dust and dead insects. 

I instinctively grabbed onto the nearest human, who happened to Jimin.

He gently patted my head and smiled, "Bugs scare me a bit too,"

 

"Ah, I wish Jimin would grab onto me too," Jungkook sighed loudly. 

Jimin jumped onto him and lifted him up, "My little maknae is too needy," and laughed. 

Jungkook pushed him, "I was talking about the other - ah nevermind," and sighed again. 

 

Jaebum looked over, "Come on, let's get serious guys," 

I giggled, "Let them play around a bit, oppa. It's been tough and we need a break sometimes."

"Okay, but only because of you Jimin-ah." He said.

Jackson whined, "JB is playing favorites again but hyung never notices me," and tickled the back of Jaebum's neck. 

 

"Our members are seriously too carefree," Youngjae said to Jin. 

Jin nodded in agreement as his dongsaengs ran around the dusty room.

It was wonderful seeing everyone play around together.

I wondered if we would ever be the same after the musical. 

 

"Hey guys," I said quietly, afraid to ruin the moment, "PD-nim forced us to stay here to finish the musical, right? Rather than trying to find the murderer, shouldn't we be writing songs?" 

"But the thing is, I sent the camera crew away along with all of the equipment. We don't have a way to film anything or even paper to write on," Jin answered, "So the only thing we can do is look for the murderer." 

"Which you guys aren't really doing," JB interrupted.

 

An awkward silence filled the air until a piercing scream broke it. 

Immediately reacting, I jumped up and shouted, "Yerin!" 

I stumbled on the stairs and tore my way to the second floor.

I saw a small door at the end of the hallway and ran through it.

As I looked up, I saw Yerin's dying body on the roof.

 

Both her legs were sliced off and coated with blood.

Her body was shivering as pain coursed through every inch of her body.

She was already beginning to breathe heavily and her eyes were twitching. 

 

I climbed up to her and yelled, "You promised!" 

"Jimin," Her almost inaudible whisper said, "He's one of us. Don't be tricked." 

"Don't leave me. What happened? How could I let this happen to you?" I choked.

"It's not your fau-" Her voice faltered and her body dropped.

 

Tears endlessly fell and everyone tried to comfort me but this one was on me.

I knew that the murderer was coming for her.

I knew that she was next.

Why did I leave her alone?

Why did I trust anyone with her? 

 

"Why was Yerin on the roof in the first place?" JB asked.

"It's my fault," Rap Monster confessed, "She wanted to check the roof just in case and I went with her. I went back down after Yugyeom and Taehyung were making a racket but when I returned, she was dying."

"Did you guys see anyone else go onto the roof?" JB glanced at every one.

"No," they all said simultaneously, looking at each other. 

 

"Hey guys," Jin picked up a white pill, "I think the murderer left something," 

Suga took it from his hands and observed it, "I think it's an anti depressant pill." 

"Where's Jimin?" Jungkook frantically looked around.

"I'm right here," I answered.

 

"No not you, I'm talking about BTS Jimin," He said.

We looked around but he was nowhere to be found. 

"Do you think he-" Jungkook didn't finish his sentence. 

 

"Are you about to accuse Jimin of killing Yerin?" Suga interrupted, "Was your first thought that he was the murderer rather than the possibility that he could be dead right now?"

"I-" Jungkook stuttered.

"What's more important is that we find him right now. He could be in serious danger," Jin said as they began to race back into the building. 

I stayed behind with Yerin while everyone else left to look for Jimin.

"Sorry Jimin, but Yerin needs me right now," I said to absolutely no one. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

School is right around the corner (see what I did there) and I'll be updating a lot slower so subscribe to keep up with the newest chapter!

Feel free to comment thoughts, theories and critisism!

 

So, who do you think the murderer is?