in the dark

right around the corner

 

 

 

I shifted, trying to find the most comfortable spot on the couch.

Behind me I heard a door open and close. 

"Yerinnn, I'm hungry. Could you hand me those cookies on the counter?" I asked. 

 

No response.

 

I lifted my head up and turned around. There was no one.

"Yerin?" I repeated. 

No response.

"That's creepy. What the ." 

I stood up and opened the door.

When I looked outside there was no one there either. 

 

Being the scaredy cat I was, I immediately called Yerin's cell.

"Hello?" I called.

Although she answered my call there was no voice on the other side.

My heart was racing now and I quickly ended the call.

 

I ran to my car and dialed JB's number.

When he picked up I said, "I'm staying at your dorm tonight, okay oppa?" 

I didn't bother listening to him and immediately ended the call.

 

When I arrived at Got7's dorm I quickly knocked on the door.

Finally JB opened the door and I frantically rushed in. 

"What's wrong, Jimin? You look like a ghost has been chasing you," He chuckled.

I rambled, "Ah, my door randomly opened and I assumed it was Yerin coming home early from her trip in New York but it was nothing and I chickened out. You know how easily scared I can get." 

"Okay okay," JB shushed, "Come in." 

 

He led me to the living room where the rest of the Got7 members and the CEO of JYPE were sitting. 

The CEO turned around and said, "What amazing timing you have Jimin, come in!" 

Everyone was intensely staring at him so I assumed what he was talking about was pretty important. 

 

"Starting next week, Got7, 15&, and BTS will be filming a musical but a pretty good portion will be filmed outdoors and have quite a bit of action so you'll be flying to a remote island off the coast of California. By yourself. For a whole month. So get packing!" 

"Wait!" Junior jumped, "Why weren't told before? Shouldn't we have started memorizing lines and songs a while ago?" 

The chief slyly responded," The musical you guys are putting together is mainly adlib. The PD nim and I discussed this and decided to give you guys a very vague plot but its up to you guys to assign characters and write songs." 

Everyone's jaw dropped and stared stunned. 

 

Before the chief could leave, I spoke up, "Will all of our experiences get recorded and get turned into a mini series in the wilderness?"

"Spot on, Jimin. With such large groups such as the Bangtan Boys and Got7 acting in it, why not make a behind-the-scenes show while we're at it. Good luck!" 

He stepped out before any of us could ask anything else. After registering the shock we all ran after him but his car was already driving away. 

 

"Aish!" Youngjae whined, " What are we going to do?" 

"And what about Yerin?" I added.

Mark announced, "I'm going to go write some rap for it," and walked away.

Jackson yelled after him, "You don't even know what it'll be about so what's the point?" which led Mark return.

 

I whispered to JB, "Can I still stay overnight or am I kicked out?" 

He whispered back, "You can still stay but can you try texting Yerin about the musical? I'll ask the Bangtan Boys to see if they know anything." 

I nodded and admired the calm leader's attitude while the rest of his group were tossing questions everywhere.

 

When I checked on my phone, I had a bunch of new texts from a stranger but after reading them realized that they were creepy threats;

"I know where you are," 

"I'll find you and stab you," 

"You don't know how much I suffered because of you,"

 

I decided not to tell anyone, they already had so much to worry about. 

Noticing my panicked face, Bambam asked, "Something wrong, Jimin?" 

Surprised he noticed, I stuttered, 'N-nope, I'm fine!"

Everyone turned to stare at me.

 

"Uh well I just realized I was planning on eating an orange but forgot to bring one,"

They all sighed and laughed.

"Well here's an apple at least," Yugyeom handed over. 

Slightly shocked that they believed my lie, I chuckled to myself. 

 

Setting the apple down on my lap, I decided to block the number for now and began to text Yerin. 

 "Yerinnie, by any chance have you heard about the musical we're going to be in?" 

After a minute or so she responded, "Yeah, what about it?" 

 

"When did you hear about it?" 

"Right before I got on the plane to New York. I was planning on telling you but I couldn't text you the whole flight and kind of forgot about it when I got off..." 

"THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO YERIN!"

"Why are you typing in all caps? Didn't PD nim tell you?" 

"THE CEO ONLY TOLD US 10 MINUTES AGO"

I jabbed at my keyboard angrily.

"Oh. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, truly. You can give me a proper punishment when I meet you at the island." 

I felt a litte guilty and typed, "Haha Yerin. You know I can never stay mad at you for that long." 

"Okay, but I really am sorry. I have to go now, bye." 

"Have fun!" 

I smiled. Yerin was such a sweetheart. 

JB said, "Apparently BTS found out about 2 weeks ago. I think it was on the same day Yerin flew to New York." 

"You're right, Yerin said she found out right before her flight," I muttered.

 

"Then why are we the only ones who didn't know?" JB wondered out loud.

He tapped his chin and stared at the ceiling.

"Well, can you guys get off the couch? I'm going to sleep early," I said to the other members.

"Aren't you going to go back to your dorm?" Junior asked.

"No, I'm staying just for tonight," I answered, "For, uh, personal reasons," I quickly added. 

 

"We should all go to sleep early so we can wake up bright and energized," JB stood up. 

The other members grumbled and nodded off to their showers and rooms. 

I wondered if it'd be okay to borrow their shower but thought it might be awkward and decided against it.

I quickly rinsed most of my body with sink water and dried it with a towel. 

 

"Next week sure is going to be eventful," I mumbled before sleeping.

Later during the night, something stirred me awake.

When I opened my eyes, it was pitch black.

And I was terrified of the dark.

 

I squeezed my eyes shut and pulled the blanket over my head.

I began to start counting but when I reached 137, I heard the door open and the slight noise of the wooden floor creaking underneath every footstep.

I felt more and more trapped inside the blanket and began to sweat hard.

It became hard for breathe and each gasp felt excruciating.

I started seeing blotches of light and began to go delusional.

 

And then something in me snapped. 

I threw the blanket off me and flailed my arms everywhere.

As I crashed onto the ground, a sharp pain shot up my leg and it hurt to move.

The darkness was still quite frightening but all I could focus on was the wind blowing through the night.

 

I felt a strong pair of hands gently shake my shoulders and my eyes fluttered open. 

"Jiminnie!" Jackson jumped on me.

"What?" I groggily looked up. 

The other members were looking at me, not at my face but at my-

"Oh my god," I stared at my left leg. 

 

A long gash ran from my ankle to my knee and a large puddle of blood sat around it.

But the thing was, it was already healed.

There was a line visible on my leg but it looked like a scar.

I recalled feeling pain on my leg last night but how could it heal itself?

 

Oddly enough, there was no actual blood on my leg, only beneath. 

"Well let's get this mess cleaned up," Youngjae took the lead. 

JB patted my head and said, "You should probably go back to your apartment and start packing." 

 

I bowed and apologized for the mess and nervously returned to my apartment.

When I opened the door it looked exactly as I had left it but took note that the cookies on the counter had mysteriously disappeared.

Then I got down to serious business -

What clothes did I own that were cute but could actually survive in? 

 

 

 

Well that's it for the first chapter!

There's still a lot to come!

- Marina