Episode Ten

Twenty-One :: A JYP Survival Show
Gold
 
The screen flashes through clips of the performances from the previous episodes, shuffling between them with no clear rhyme or reason. The slideshow accelerates in pace until it's just a blur, and as the images fade into the background words appear over the screen.
 
Two days later.
 
The screen is cut into six sections, showing each of the final pairs waiting in different rooms. There's tension in all six, save one.
 
The screen focuses in on the room housing Danny and TJ, the former who is leaning against the wall and the latter who is sitting on the floor, legs crossed and bouncing impatiently.
 
"What's the point of this, I forfeited so you win." TJ complains.
 
Danny doesn't seem to be listening though, as he stares impatiently at the door.
 
As if on command said door swings open, and TJ has to lean forward rapidly to avoid being hit. The MC glances at the younger of the contestants before clearing his throat.
 
"Well we all know this is just a formality," he begins awkwardly. TJ motions for him to speak faster, and the man clears his throat again.
 
"Danny congratulations, you're debuting. Head over to the main practice room now, and the rest of the group will join you shortly. The choreographer is already there so if you'd like to start working with her you may."
 
Danny nods twice, once to the MC and then to TJ, who shoots him a small grin in return.
 
The MC seems like he wants to say something else, but TJ leaves right after Danny, flashing a grin at the MC before vanishing, leaving the tired man to sigh and move on.
 
The screen splits again, and then zooms in on the main rappers.
 
G and Xaris are sitting in a tense silence, though most of the heavy atmosphere is coming from Xaris.
 
G glances over at the other, and then up at a clock on the wall. He seems to think for a long moment, before shrugging and remaining silent, a faint smile on his face.
 
The seconds tick by and Xaris gets increasingly antsy as they do. By the time the door does swing open he looks ready to explode, and the sudden movement causes him to jolt.
 
The MC is unimpressed by Xaris's startled reaction to his entering. He clears his throat as before and begins speaking.
 
"Now this battle was extremely close. We really didn't know until the deadline which of you would be representing the main rapper position." He pauses to let them be nervous, though only Xaris complies.
 
G simply watches the MC, his face unreadable, eyes intense as he stares the man down. The MC shifts nervously and again clears his throat.
 
"Xaris, congratulations on your debut."
 
Xaris nearly collapses in relief as G's eyes darken slightly.
 
The MC pays neither reaciton mind as he tells Xaris to go to the main room. Once the other contestant has left the MC turns to G.
 
"You put up a good fight."
 
"Not good enough. I shouldn't hvae been stupid enough to hope. These shows have such a set formula, you can tell who's going to debut by the fourth episode." He sounds like he's trying to be blasé, but there's a layer of frustration in his voice.
 
The MC can only shrug apologetically as he leaves the room, with G exiting not long after.
 
Again the screen zooms out to show all six rooms, two now vacant, and focuses in on the third, where Na Sanghyun and Seongjun are seated.
 
"It's weird how this is almost over huh?" Seongjun sounds excited despite the circumstances. Na Sanghyun, on the other hand, looks like he could be ill at any moment.
 
He replies to Seongjun's question with a noncommital sound, though the other doesn't seem to register it as he contines talking.
 
"I mean it's sort of dominated our lives for the past, what, three months now? Almost three months. It'll be weird not waking up and wondering if the cameras are on or not." He lauhgs. "It's a good thing they weren't last week, am I right?"
 
"Soengjun I'm really not in a remenicent mood right now." Sanghyun finally speaks, and he sounds exhausted.
 
Seongjun frowns, but remains silent.
 
However the peace doesn't last long before the MC walks in. Seongjun perks up, while his opponent sags in his chair.
 
The MC eyes their movements before clearing his throat. "Well you two seem to think you know how this turned out." He comments dryly.
 
Neither replies, though Seongjun has the decency to look slightly abashed.
 
The MC moves on. "Regardless, your beliefs don't affect voters. And so, Sanghyun."
 
For a moment both boys are frozen, staring at the MC as he drags the moment out longer than is truly needed.
 
"I'm afraid you will not be debuting."
 
Seongjun sags in his chair in relief. Soon he's off towards the practice room, leaving the MC with Sanghyun, who doesn't make eye contact as he slowly gets up and makes to leave.
 
The MC speaks, but it's lost as the scene zooms back out to show the three remaining rooms yet to be decided. The MC finally vanishes from the third, and the room where the dancers are waiting comes into focus and fills the screen completely.
 
Jihyun is in his own space, his headphones in as his feet move to an unheard song. KimQ is sitting quietly, watching Jihyun but seeming unperturbed by the silence between them.
 
The atmosphere here is the most relaxed of the rooms so far, with neither contestant showing any worry about the impending elimination.
 
When the door opens KimQ looks up, and then lightly nudges Jihyun to get his attention. The other glances up, and then pulls out his IPod and pauses it, taking out his earbuds in the process.
 
The MC clears his throat. "Nice of you to take time to listen to me." He comments dryly.
 
Jihyun just shrugs. "So? How'd it turn out?"
 
The MC takes a moment to look smug, and for a moment Jihyun seems to lose balance, glancing towards KimQ before returning his gaze to the older man in the room, attempting to regain an air of confidence.
 
It's a brief moment of unbalance, but it seems to amuse the MC as he continues talking. "KimQ, your performance last night was truly one of a kind. Dancers like you simply are not found in this industry any more, whereas Jihyun's style is much more remenicient of what feels like every other main dancer in the newest wave of rookie groups." His smirk continues as Jihyun frowns heavily at the words.
 
And then the MC sighs. "However viewers apparently don't care about originality or talent. Jihyun, congratulations on your debut."
 
The main dancer stares at him for a drawn out moment, opens his mouth angrily, and then changes his mind, instead standing up angrily and heading for the door.
 
"Go to the main practice room!" The MC calls after him, before giving a long suffering sigh and looking to KimQ. "I am sorry about the results, it was rather close until the end."
 
The other man shrugs. "It happens." He replies evenly, and the MC gives a small, apologetic smile and exits.
 
There are only two remaining rooms as the screen again cuts out to show all six, and there's only a brief moment before it again focuses in.
 
Hongsol and Do Sanghyun are both quiet, occasionally glancing towards each other but startling and looking away whenever they make eye contact. The air is weighted down with their combined nervousness, and it's clearly only making them more antsy.
 
When the MC enters the atmosphere is so tense you could cut it. He clears his throat awkwardly as both pairs of eyes rest on him, terrified anticipation palpable from each contestant.
 
The MC takes in a quick breath. "I'll make this as quick and painless as I can then. Hongsol congratulations on your debut."
 
Hongsol nearly falls out of the chair he's sitting in from sheer shock and relief, before his eyes start watering and he looks over at Sanghyun, who's hands are gripped into fists as he stares hard at the ground.
 
Hongsol opens his mouth to say something, but hesitates, looking towards the MC instead. The man merely shrugs a bit awkwardly.
 
"So Hongsol if you could go to the main practice room, the others should be there already."
 
With one last glance towards Sanghyun Hongsol slowly leaves the room, looking both excited and deeply regretful.
 
Sanghyun stares hard at the group for a long moment before slowly looking up at the MC.
 
"Was... was it even close?"
 
The MC clears his throat nervously. "Well, I should probably get to the last room..."
 
Sanghyun looks down again. "Right. I should go to probably."
 
The camera zooms back out and lingers on the six rooms until both the MC and Sanghyun have evacuated the room before it focuses on the final room where Jude and Soul are waiting.
 
Jude is sitting straight, his expression neutral though his posture is tense.
 
For his part Soul can't seem to stop moving, pacing around the room restlessly.
 
He startles when the door swings open, but his shock doesn't phase the MC, who steps straight to the center of the room.
 
For once the man actually looks like he's enjoying his job as he eyes both contestants, who stare him down in return.
 
"I should tell you that for a moment I wasn't sure who was going to win your poll. It was tied right up to the deadline before the decision came."
 
Soul is shaking ever so slightly, eyes intense. Jude is more reserved, but he too is listening closely to each word.
 
"However there is a winner between you."
 
He pauses to let them fidget a bit longer before finally making his announcement.
 
"Congratulations on your debut... Soul."
 
Jude looks vaguely stunned as the other celebrates, and the MC turns to him.
 
"I'm sorry for your loss Jude. However the people have spoken." He pauses, his knowing smile slowly creeping back onto his face. "And they've unanimously voted for you to debut as well."
 
Soul pauses his celebration to join Jude in staring at the MC in confusion. "What?"
 
The MC explains, "We calculated total number of average votes-per-episode that each contestant recieved. Jude's number far exceeded anyone else's, making him the single most popular person on the show. As such it would be ridiculous to eliminate him now. And so, Soul and Jude, congratulations on your debuts."
 
Both men look at each other before breaking into identical grins.
 
"Well then, I assume we'll be getting started right away?" Jude is back on professional mode within moments, though his joy is still palpable.
 
The MC nods. "Follow me, the others are already waiting for you so they can start."

The screen again cuts to the six now-empty rooms. In each room an image of the winning contestant appears, with both Jude and Soul's faces appearing in their room. The background grows darker as the images zoom in so the seven final members are lined up like playing cards.

Danny's card spins and zooms to fill the screen, showing his basic information and marking him as the lead rapper and face of the group. His card spins around and falls back into the line as Hongsol's card spins to take it's place.

Again Hongsol's basic information is shown, along with his position as the lead vocal of the group. This continues with each of the other five members.

Seongjun's card is next, revealing him as the lead dancer, vocalist, and maknae of the group. Jihyun is placed as the main dancer, vocalist, and rapper of the team while Xaris is the main rapper and visual.

Soul and Jude's cards are shown last. Both are noted as main vocals, though Jude has the extra distinction of being a dancer.

As Jude's card spins back into place, the lineup and it's dark background breaks like glass, and falls to show the seven members of the new group in the practice room just as the MC leads Soul and Jude in to join the other five.

Hongsol lights up a bit and shifts to make room for Jude to sit next to him, while Soul takes a seat beside Xaris who claps him on the back warmly.

The MC clears his throat before anyone can ask questions about both main vocals being present. "Well then, congratulations again on making it into the final group. Now before you get started with your debut preperations, there's one important role in the group to be given. The matter of a leader."

"Well that's obvious, isn't it?" Jihyun points out, rolling his eyes slightly. "Just king Jude so we can get on with it, yeah?"

The MC does not look particularly happy with the interruption, but he doesn't verbally chastize the dancer. "Very well, Jude, you'll be the leader. As such you'll be in charge of keeping things on track for the next ew days as well as distributing lines for your debut song, which you'll be hearing shortly. Any quesitons?"

No one says a thing, and the MC nods. "Well then, as you were." His departure is rather awkward and abrupt, but no time is given to it as another figure in the room, who up to this point had been sitting out of sight of the cameras, appears on screen and begins speaking rapid-fire.

"Alright I'll be running the demo of your debut track a few times and then Jude will give you all your parts. After that you'll be heading to practice and memorize the song while I'll edit the choreography to fit the part distribution." The woman's voice is familiar but with her back to the camera it's impossible to place. She pauses for a moment, and then seems to recall something. "Oh, and Jihyun can you do backflips?"

Jihyun looks surprised, but ultimately nods, though it's oddly hesitant for him. "I probably could yeah. With a bit of practice."

Seongjun suddenly pipes up. "I can actually. You know, if that would work."

The choreographer tilts her head thoughtfully. "Yeah, that could work out just fine." She then turns to presumably start the music before Jude suddenly speaks up.

"Actually, do you mind if I check a couple of things first?"

She pauses her movements and nods. "Yeah, go ahead."

Jude turns his focus to the group. "Jihyun could you do a quick rap just so I can remember your style? And then Seongjun I'll want some quick vocals from you as well just to check where you're at now."

Both nod, and Jihyun quickly launches into a quick, English rap.

Hongsol stops singing when he realizes everyone is staring at him, and he quickly clears his throat in embarassment.

Jude waits a moment before looking to Seongjun, clearly expecting his performance right away. Seongjun doesn't miss a beat and starts his own short showcase.

Jude nods thoughtfully. "Alright I think I have what I need. Sorry for the interruption."

The woman makes a noise that's a cross between a laugh and sarcasm. "Your group kid, not mine. Interrupt away. Alright let's get started on this thing."

The scene begins to fast forward as the group listens and react to their song. The general consensus seems to be a bit mixed but Jude rather quickly is able to dole out parts and everyone seems to mostly be content with the choices he makes as there's no clear indicator of any arguments in their sped up gestures or facial expressions.

The scene then changes to show Jude and Soul sitting in a sound room with bottles of water.

The shot is filmed on a hand held camera held by Soul. He zooms in on the recording booth to show Hongsol recording his lines.

"So we've been working on the song for almost a day now and we're already recording for it. It's nuts how fast this is coming, Hongsol doesn't even have all his parts memorized yet!"

Jude frowns at Soul's enthusiasm as the other zooms back out to show the two of them again.

"You haven't either Soul." He points out. "It definitely has been a whirlwind. Danny and Xaris are recording their raps in the other studio while Jihyun and Seongjun are learning the choreography since they recorded yesterday."

"Well you barely gave them any lines, to be fair. Danny will probably be over there too by now since he just does the opening." Soul seems to have been unphased by Jude's early annoyance as he plows back into the conversation. "I mean I don't mind, I get plenty of chorus time which is fun!"

Jude sighs and leans back. "I wasn't given that much time to decide on lines and no one complained."

Soul shrugs. "Of course not, everyone likes you."

Jude's response never comes as Hongsol finishes right then and comes into the room. "Sorry I too so long." He bows repeatedly to his groupmates as well as the other people in the booth who all smile and assure him that he did fine.

"Soul, you're up." One of the sound tech instructs, and the singer winks at the camera before handing it to Jude and heading into the sound booth himself.

The scene changes to what appears to be a gym. Jihyun is jogging on one of the treadmills, headphones in and zoned out from the world around him. Meanwhile in the center of the free wieght area several mats have been carefully set up.

The choreographer, now recongizable as Hyunmi, the assumed trainee who choreographed for Soul's group in the rescue round, and Seongjun are standing on the mess of mats.

Hyunmi's hand rests on Seongjun's lower back as they talk in tones too low for the camera to pick up. After a moment, Seongjun crouches, and then pushes into a backflip, with Hyunmi's hands carefully guiding him through the move.

He lands on hit feet but ends up falling to his knees and having to catch himself on his hands.

On the treadmill Jihyun slows to a walk and pulls out one of his earbuds. "I thought you knew how to flip?" He mocks cheerfully.

Hyunmi shoots him a look and he quickly increases his speed again, putting the earbud back in in the process.

Seongjun sighs. "I'm sorry, this is literally the one sort of flip I'm least comfortable with."

Hyunmi shakes her head. "We'll keep working on it, you're really not that bad. You just don't have confidence that you'll make it." She thinks for a moment, and then makes a proposition. "Hey, crazy idea, but I think I might have something to help you stick the landing better."

The scene cuts away then to the rappers. Danny is in the sound booth with a hand held camera.

"Since I've finished recording my parts I'm going to go around and find everyone else to see what they're doing!" He announces to the camera.

He waves cheerfully at the sound crew as he leaves, and someone shouts, "Don't cause too much trouble!"

Danny calls back innocently, "Me? Trouble? What ever gave you that idea?" The door to the studio closes before any response can be made and he laughs brightly.

"I'll have you know I'm a delight." He tells the camera shrewdly, grinning and firing off a wink at the end.

He spins the camera around as he begins walking, humming as he goes, and occasionally pointing out objects or places relating to things that occured during his training.

"I remember during my third month here I got so antsy about the monthly evaluation results that I recruited a couple of other trainees and we all tried to break into the staff room and peek at the files." He laughs as he remenices. "We would have made it too, but Bambam tripped over a chair and caused so much rukus we were caught." He laughs again. "It was all good though, I just told them the door had been unlocked and I had just been looking for some water. I was new so they totally bought it!"

A bit later he points out one of the smaller practice rooms.

"Fun fact everyone calls this the Make Out Palace. It's a private practice room so the staff basically never checks in on it so we can pretty much go nuts. And I mean, teenagers going nuts leads to one thing! I never did anything like that of course." He laughs again and spins the camera towards his own face for a moment. "I was waiting to debut so I could give all my love to my fans!"

"Boo, too cheesy." A voice comes in from behind the rapper and he tilts the camera so it focuses over his shoulder on the intruder.

"Hey Byunjae, good to see you're doing better."

Byunjae shrugs modestly. "Not thrilled but I can deal with everyone who did make it so."

Danny's nod translates into the bouncing of the camera. "Ah. Well anyway I have to get to the main practice room to spy on the dancers, so I'll see you later!"

Byunjae looks a bit forlorn as Danny heads away, but the camera cuts away shortly afterwards.

A time stamp shows that it's the next day and all seven members are back in the main practice room with Hyunmi.

"Now Jihyun and Seongjun know the dance pretty well, but I've made it rather repetitive so that you'll all be able to really nail it in time for the MV filming tomorrow. The focus will be synchronization rather than style, so we're going to absolutely drill this." She almost sounds too gleeful as she says her last sentence, and Hongsol and Danny share a nervous glance before Hyunmi starts shooing people into their starting positions.

The scene speeds up so it's nearly impossible to tell between dance steps and the boys messing up, but there are some obvious mishaps.

Hyunmi spends a lot of time correcting Hongsol, Danny, and Xaris, who all frequently either move at the wrong time or to the wrong place. At one point everyone but the three of them are given a break while they continue struggling through the choreo several more times. Soul also ends up joining them after a few minutes and the practice comtinues with just the four for some time before Hyunmi yells at the other three and they join back in as well.

As the clock ticks down to the end of the day, playback slowly starts to return to normal speed. When it finally does, Hyunmi hits the pause button on the music and grins at the sweating and exhausted group in front of her.

"Looking good guys! I think you're just about ready to start filming, and not a second too soon either. Go grab some water and then head outside, the vans should be picking you up pretty soon! And good work today!"


The scene opens on a rather odd scene.

Seongjun and Xaris are in what appears to be an underground boxing ring, surrounded by cameras. Only moments after the scene focuses Seongjun throws a punch and Hongsol stumbles back into the ropes lining the side of the ring.

Danny abuptly appears in the shot. "Is this one for the show?"

A muffled "yes Danny" can be heard and the rapper grins. "Awesome! Okay so I'm here to provide context and entertainment for all our lovely fans out there!"

"Depends on their defnition of entertainment." The muffled voice points out and Danny sticks out his tongue.

"Ignoring him, we're filming the music video! It was apparently inspired by us being on a survival show but the pairings for the fights seem pretty arbitrary if that's the case." He glances over his shoulder at Xaris and Seongjun, who are listening carefully as teh director gives them directions. "I mean Xaris against Seongjun? I don't think they ever came close to being rivals. But I suppose they couldn't exactly bring back the others to film, that might be a bit mean." He shrugs. "Well at least I get to fight! I won't tell you who though, it'll be a surprise!"

The scene changes then to show Hongsol in a different room. He's holding a microphone and standing awkwardly in front of a camera.

One of the producers is talking to him. "You just need to loosen up a bit Hongsol-ah, feel the music and just do what comes naturally."

"I'm really sorry." Hongsol twists the hem of his shirt with the hand not holding the microphone. "It's just I'm really not good with this kind of concept..." He trails off and stares apologetically at his feet.

The producer sighs. "Hongsol it's good to know your limits but we don't have time for this right now." Running a hand through his hair he look over at one of the coordinators running around. "Hey, do you know if Xaris is done filming his scenes yet?"

She thinks for a moment. "I think they have a few more takes left. Do you want me to bring him over when they're done?"

The producer nods and she leaves. he turns back to hongsol. "We're going to keep trying this until you get it right."

"But-"

"No buts Hongsol you're debuting with the group so you'll have to do whatever it is the group does." The producer's tone is sharp, but he quickly softens again right after. "This is what you wanted right? You fought so hard to be put on the show, why are you giving up now?"

"I'm not." Hongsol insists, but it's a bit shaky. "I just... this is hard."

The producer nods. "Of course it is. I'll have Xaris help you out with expressions and gestures when he gets here, but in the meantime can you at least try to do it yourself?"

Hongsol doesn't look convinced, but he nods slowly and the producer grins.

"Excellent! Well then, let's start again from your first line, and try to look fierce!"

The scene changes again, this time to a green screen room. Hyunmi and Seongjun are both there, with the latter looking a bit nervous, possibly due to his lack of a shirt.

"You've nailed the flip every other time, don't sweat this so much you'll do just fine. " Hyunmi's words are comforting but her voice indicates she's a bit frustrated with the dancer.

"I know, I just really want to get it in one take." Seongjun replies, shifting from one foot to another, his eyes dark with determination. "Why is it taking so long?"

"We need to get the lighting just right." One of the light technicians responds, startling the dancer. "Or we could do the shot several times with diferent lighting if you'd prefer that?"

Seongjun quickly shakes his head, ducking a bit in embarrassment, and the tech hums pointedly and goes back to work.

Hyunmi gives the young dancer a wry glance. "Maybe don't talk so much kid, your mouth seems to only cause trouble."

Seongjun grimaces but remains quiet as the staff finishes setting up and Hyunmi is waved away from the set. She gives Seongjun a quick pat on the shoulder and then moves behind the camera.

Once he get a thumbs up, Seongjun takes in a quick breath, and then pushes into a perfect backflip. He lands in a crouch, and waits for a long, breathless moment before the director calls for a cut and one of the coordinators appears on the set and hands him a shirt, which he quickly pulls on.

"That was good?" He asks as Hyunmi walks back over.

She rolls her eyes. "It was fine Seongjun, now shoo so we can set up for the last fight shots, yeah?"

"Right! Sorry!" Seongun quickly runs off, grinning proudly.

The scene changes to what appears to be a basement hallway from a horror film, though it's painted white which greatly dulls the creepy effect. Danny is leaning against one of the pipes sticking out from the wall and Xaris is standing a few feet away from him behind a clear curtain.

"I never realized how many takes you need for just one short scene." Jude's voice is heard before the camera pans to where he's standing. He's a ways behind the main filming cameras, watching as they prepare for a take of the scene.

"I mean this will literally take up all of a few seconds in the music video and this is the fifth time they're doing it. I guess I always assumed the really quick stuff didn't have as much effort put into it." He muses, glancing slightly towards the camera focused on him before returning his gaze to to filming. "It's amazing. I can't imagine working on something that has even more time allocated for filming. We have to be done in the next," He pulls out his phone to check the time, "Six hours I believe. We've got half the time of a normal MV shoot to work with."

He pauses his monolouge to watch as another take is filmed. "Looks like that will be the last one. Makes sense, we'll probably be taking these last few hours to do all the group dance shots we're going to need."

The scene then shifts to show that sure enough, all seven group members are going through the choreography in the boxing ring shown earlier. They're just finishing a take when the camera cuts in, and shortly after the group pauses to take a water break.

Soul walks over to one of the editing areas and looks over the editor's shoulder. "How's it looking so far?"

"Fine enough, considering I'm being rushed." The staffer complains before looking up and realizing who he's talking to. "I mean, it's coming together well, most of the individual shots work out quite nicely." He seems rather embarrassed, and only gets more uncomfortable when he spots the camera focusing on their conversation.

Soul nods. "That's good, I wouldn't want to have to reshoot any of those. What about the fighting bits?"

The editor again looks nervously over at the camera. "They're... mostly good. A bit shakier than the individuals so I'm mostly using the straight-to-camera punches instead of the two-shots to try and make it more believable." He's attemtping to sound professional as he speaks, but his nerves are clearly showing through.

Soul nods again. "I figured that might happen from watching the takes. I think if we'd had more time to study boxing moves or properly choreograph the fights the larger shots would look better." He seems to be vaguely amused by the staff member's nervousness.

Jihyun suddenly appears, seemingly out of nowhere. "It would help to cast the right people as the fighters too."

Soul rolls his ees. "No one would buy you as a fighter Jihyun, you look like a chick."

"Doesn't mean I'm not a better fake fighter than them." He argues, not even flinching at the attempted insult.

Soul rolls his eyes as Jihyun keeps talking. "Honestly so many of their punches weren't even done correctly, there was no power behind them! I mean really, boxing is all about agility and strength."

"And you're super agile I'm sure." Soul rolls his eyes as he talks.

Jihyun ether misses or ignores the sarcasm in the comment as his response is genuine. "Naturally, I'm a dancer. So Seongjun wasn't too bad of a call. Or Jude I guess. Xaris has the power bit pretty well too." He looks thoughtful. "Really it's only Danny who makes the least sense as one of the fighters."

"Well he was the one who volunteered first." Soul points out, souding like he's growing bored of the conversation.

This time Jihyun does pick up on the tone. "Oh sue me. At least I'm actually trying to think about ways to make our debut music video successful."

Soul starts to angrily retort but the director calls for the next take to start and the two have to head back to the ring, much to the editor's relief as the camera turns away from him.

The scenes then become a collage reminicent of a BTS for any other group's music video.

There are several shots of the boys running their dance interspersed with others shwoing them consulting with directors, staff members, and occasionally checking on editing during breaks.

A timer in the corner keeps track of how much time is left until filming has to stop, and when it hits zero the screen goes black.

The sound of static hums briefly in the background, and then a teaser begins to play.

As the final images fade out the group's name fills the screen.

Gold.

And the screen goes black.

( AUTHOR'S NOTE ) UGH The ending fought with me so much, so this is about 400 words short of 6000... but I wanna take this final author's note to say thank you. Thank you for joining me on this crazy ride, and I honestly can't believe it's over. I  know a lot of poeple kind of stopped commenting due to real life and midterms, but I hope that you've had as much fun as I have on this crazy adventure of mine.
 
And if you did, I'm doing it again! There's one week left to apply for Vs. and I'm short a few apps so I'd love to see you guys over there!
 
Finally, I do actually have plans to do more with this story since I love it so much. I'm planning several BTS type chapters that will likely be unformated and much shorter than these episodes, mostly focusing on things that happened behind the scenes that either weren't filmed or were cut for time/interest. I may also drop little side things about stuff that happens after debut as well, if anyone would be interested in that. Again it would be articles or MVs for future songs rather than actual full chapters, but I think it could be fun to keep exploring this world for a bit longer :)
 
Anyway thank you again for helping me create this story and I hope you've enjoyed the ride!
 
~Dani