Episode Six

Twenty-One :: A JYP Survival Show
Simon Says
 
The opening song segues into a recap of the previous episode's performances.
 
"It left me feeling like it needed something more."
 
"My issue was you."
 
"The performance was really just one note."
 
"That was probably the technically worst performance of the night."
 
Between clips of the judges' critisisms were shots of the twelve performers as they stood and listened, nervous with anticipation. The screen goes dark and loud applause starts up.
 
"And now ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for!" The lights come on abruptly to show JYP standing onstage, surrounded by a cloud of dissapating smoke. "We'll take a look at the votes for each contestant and find out who you decided gets to continue on their quest to debut, and who you thought doesn't deserve it yet. Without further ado lets get our first two competitors up here!"
 
He waves Jude and Soul on from backstage like a game show host, and the two come out to loud cheers from the crowd. Jude crosses the stage to stand to JYP's right while Soul stays off to his left.
 
JYP smiles greasily at the crowd. "Now let's start by seeing who each of our judges voted for!"
 
In the front row the judges all look surprised. Na Sanghyun particularly looks worried, but the shot quickly cuts back to the stage.
 
A screen lights up behind the contestants, and each of the judges' names appear in the center, with Hongsol at the top and Na Sanghyun at the bottom. Each name flies one by one to show who each contestant had voted for, resulting in three votes for each contestant: Hongsol, Koda and Seongjun for Jude and KimQ, Danny, and Sanghyun for Soul.
 
JYP nods excitedly. "Well looks like our judges came out tied! Now it's time to see how you all voted! There are two hundred people in the audience tonight, for a possible total of two hundred and six points for each deul. So let's see who you've voted out!"
 
The voting bars behind Soul and Jude start climbing as the votes are added. After thirty seconds they stop, revealing ninety-one votes for Soul and one hundred and fifteen for Jude.
 
Soul frowns but bows his head in acceptance. Jude starts to move towards the other man but JYP shoos him towards stage right, and he can't do anything but shoot an apologetic look towards Soul as he exits.
 
JYP turns to the man left on the stage. "You made a good effort Soul but unfortunately you are still eliminated. You'll have one more chance in the future, but for now you may leave the building."
 
Keeping his head low Soul exits stage left, clearly upset but trying to hide it. JYP ignores the dejected man as he waves in the next two.
 
Xaris and G eye each other cautiously as they make their way to the right and left of the stage respectively. The bars reset and the judges' names again appear.
 
Again the judge vote is split, again with Hongsol, Koda, and Seongjun voting Xaris and the other three voting for G.
 
JYP raises an eyebrow. "Are you guys planning it this way?"
 
The audience laughs as the judges insist it was random chance that both votes split the exact same way.
 
JYP waves for the audience votes to tally in. G end up with only sixty-five votes to Xaris's one hundred and fourty-one.
 
G shrugs in quiet acceptance and heads stage left without having to be asked. Xaris meanwhile looks intensely relieved as he makes his way to the right.
 
Jihyun's entrance is bold and unworried as he enters and heads stage right to take his spot in front of one of the vote counters. Collin looks distinctly less sure as he follows to his own bar.
 
Then the judge votes are shown and the entire theatre breaks into laughter.
 
Jihyun look affronted. "All of you voted for him? What the hell?"
 
JYP looks amused. "Language Jihyun. Let's add in the viewer votes and see where you end up."
 
Again laughter breaks out when the votes are tallied, leaving Jihyun with only twenty-six of the votes.
 
The dancer glares viciously at Collin's one hundred and eighty as he stalks stage left.
 
Collin stands stunned for a long moment, until JYP slaps him on the back hard enough to make him stumble.
 
"Congratulations Collin, you're back in the competition! Exit stage right and we'll send someone to move your things back into the contestant's dorm."
 
Collin heads stage right, flashing an excited grin at the judges. Koda shoots him a thumbs up while the others smile back.
 
"How exciting, our first usurp of the night!" JYP pulls the attention back to himself as the audience had begun chatting amongst themselves when the results went up. "Let's see if anyone else can pull it off!"
 
Kangjoo is the first one on this time, so Do Sanghyun has to walk past him to get to his spot. Both smile supportively at each other as they pass.
 
The judge votes are again split down the middle, though with a change in order as Koda, Seongjun, and Na Sanghyun all voted for Do Sanghyun while Hongsol had voted for Kangjoo along with KimQ and Danny.
 
Both young men fidget nervous as the audience votes are tallied in, and for a moment it looks like it's going to be a tie. But in the last second Do Sanghyun's bar shoots up, giving him one hundred and ten points against Kangjoo's ninety-six.
 
Even JYP seems to have been on the edge of his seat. "Wow, that was a close one wasn't it? It was a good effort Kangjoo, and we'll be seeing you in the next rescue round as well, so keep it up and you may find yourself back in the competition yet!"
 
Both boys smile at each other before exiting opposite ways.
 
The next pair has Na Sanghyun shuffling nervously in his seat. Byunjae stops to JYP's left, not bothering to return TJ's awkwardly offered smile. TJ drops the grin and scurries to the right of JYP and chews on his lip as he eyes the vote bar over his shoulder.
 
The judge names appear on the screen. The top five go as expected. Hongsol, Seongjun, Koda, and KimQ vote for TJ while Danny's vote goes to Byunjae. And then Na Sanghyun's name flies over to TJ and for a moment the theatre is so dead silent you could hear a pin drop.
 
Then the fans start freaking out while Byunjae glares viciously at Na Sanghyun, who looks like he's trying to sink into his seat. The other judges are staring at him in shock, and TJ is looking at him oddly.
 
JYP lets the chaos last for a solid minute, and looks like he enjoys every moment of it. He then reigns it in with an excessively loud throat clear through the microphone.
 
"Well then that was quite a surprise! Let's see if the audience agrees with the judges!"
 
The bars shoot up, alternately overtaking each other until they stop, and a new round of surprise fills the room.
 
The two are exactly tied, each with one hundered and three votes.
 
Both seem stunned at the result. After a moment TJ looks over at Byunjae, and then quickly averts his eyes to JYP when he sees the glare being levelled at him by the other trainee.
 
JYP looks slightly stumped by the outcome, though still quite pleased. "Well this is indeed a surprise! Honestly I wasn't expecting this result, but I suppose we'll simply have to consider your duel inconclusive! You can both head stage right and we'll worry about getting one of you eliminated tomorrow."
 
Both Byunjae and TJ flinch a little at the word 'eliminated', but they both quickly comply with the order and head offstage, leaving room for the final matchup to recieve their votes.
 
JYP looks particularly interested in this pair as they walk on. Ant awkwardly scoots around the CEO to stand in front of the stage right voting bar while Doc slouches in front of the stage left one. One look from the CEO, though, has the singer straightening immediately.
 
JYP nods in approval. "Alright then, judges?"
 
The names appear on the screen, and one by one they all fly over to Ant's bar. All six of the judges look away from the CEO as he shoots them an unreadable look.
 
"Alright then, let's add in the audience votes." His voice is carefully neutral as the bars begin climbing.
 
When they stop, Ant has one hundred and fifty votes while Doc has only fifty-six. JYP gives a small sigh and waves both contestants off the stage.
 
Doc has a mixed look of guilt and happiness on his face as he exits, while Ant looks quietly pleased.
 
JYP clears his throat. "Well that was quite a night! I hope you've all enjoyed yourselves and will continue to watch Twenty-One! Thank you and goodnight!"
 
The scene shifts to the backstage area, where MC Hong is with the losers of the duels. He waves Doc down as the latter enters, and the singer reluctantly walks over.
 
"So Doc, how do you feel about the outcome of the duels?"
 
Doc shrugs uncomfortably. "Not that surprised. Ant pulled out an ace, it's not surprising he won. That's what attracts people on shows, conteants who can make themselves stand out and do something different, which Ant did. No big deal."
 
"So you aren't upset?"
 
Doc shrugs and looks towards the other trainees, clearly eager to finish the interview. "Not really, it was a fair fight. I'm going to go wash off my makeup." And with that he excuses himself.
 
The MC finds Jihyun next, but before he can ask anything Jihyun starts talking.
 
"That was rigged! There's no way Collin actually beat me, he was eliminated in the first round! This is bull!"
 
The MC looks slightly taken aback. "I, er, take it you aren't happy with the outcome then."
 
"Obviously not. I want a rematch, I'm twice the dancer Collin is."
 
Now the MC looks like he wants to get out of the interview. "Well there will be another chance for you to return to the show so perhaps then. Now I don't have much time so I have to get to the other eliminated trainees." And he quicly hurries off, despite Jihyun starting to speak again.
 
The MC chooses to speak to Kangjoo next.
 
"So how do you feel about the result?" The question is tentative.
 
Kangjoo gives a melancholic smile. "I'm not thrilled but there will be another chance, and our votes were quite close."
 
The MC is clearly relieved at the answer. "That is true, it's good to stay positive. So there are no hard feelings towards Do Sanghyun?"
 
Kangjoo shakes his head. "Why would there be? The audience voted, we both did our best. I'm dissapointed, yes, but there's no reason for hard feelings."
 
The MC nods in agreement. "Once again I'd like to note you're more mature than a lot of the older contestants."
 
Kangjoo smiles and shakes his head. "Thank you sir but really we just have different ways of looking at things I'm sure."
 
The MC bids Kangjoo farewell when Soul walks by, and he quickly follows the singer.
 
"Soul! A word if you would."
 
Soul pauses and looks back and it's clear he's angry. The MC grimaces but straightens up and clears his throat.
 
"So how do you feel about tonight's results?"
 
Soul takes a breath, collecting himself before replying. "Not thrilled, but I did challenge Jude. It's a high bar to overcome. I'll get another shot." The response sounds a bit robotic.
 
The MC nods, "You did take on a big challenge tonight. We'll look forward to seeing what you do for the next challenge."
 
Soul just nods and takes that as the MC excusing him from the interview, and he walks away.
 
The MC finds G last. The rapper waits patiently for him to speak first.
 
"So what are your thoughts on tonight's challenges?"
 
G shrugs. "What you'd expect from a show like this I suppose. It's all about pitting us against each other, and this was the first challenge to really make it head-on. The audience decided that Xaris is more deserving of a debut than I am. Of course I personally feel ready to debut and do well, but these things are out of our hands, so I can't say I'm upset one way or another. I did my best, if it wasn't good enough for them then there's nothing I can really do beyond that." His voice is honest and strong, with no trace of flippancy or jealousy.
 
The MC is clearly at a loss for words, and G excuses himself politely.

A note on the screen announces that it's the next day.

Several images and shots of busy streets and crowds of poeple flash across the screen, ending with a cluster of young men in an open park.

The thirteen men are, of course, the contestants, and they're gathered around MC Hong who's holding a box.

The boys aren't paying much attention to the MC though, as they chat with each other. Byunjae is chatting brightly to Na Sanghyun, who looks a little uncertain but is responding easily. Danny seems content to sit and listen to the two chat, his focus completely centered on his friends.

Across the group TJ and Koda are chatting excitedly as they usually do. Hongsol and Do Sanghyun are both sitting with Seongjun nearby watching the two and talking to each other with a bit more restraint, reminicent of how they were in the very first episode.

Jude is having a conversation with the MC as the latter fusses with the box, checking slips of paper inside of it. Collin and Xaris are sitting with KimQ. The three aren't talking but there's a relaxed air around them as they watch the others.

Ant is sitting a bit outside the group entirely, off in his own world as he mindlessly traces patterns into the grass.

After a moment the MC finally clears his throat and waves for attention.

"Alright everyone let's get started. There are thirteen pieces of paper in here, each with a symbol on it. You'll each draw one slip and then find the person who drew the matching symbol. The two of you will be partners for today."

At the word 'partner' a few of the contestants shuffle nervously, but the MC forges on.

"Now, we'll start with Jude since he's right here. Please no pushing to get your paper, everyone will get one eventually."

Jude pulls out his slip, and immediately after Byunjae scampers in and pulls out two. The MC starts to protest until Byunjae hands one of the two to Na Sanghyun, who looks embarrassed and surprised at the offer.

While the MC is distracted both TJ and Koda dive for the box. Soon everyone has a slip except for Ant, who doesn't seem to have noticed everyone moving around him.

Collin notices the younger contestant, hesitates for a moment, and then sneaks the last slip of paper from the box. He walks over to Ant and taps the other on the shoulder.

Ant looks up in surprise. "Oh, did the MC already tell us what we're doing?" He accepts the paper Collin hands to him and looks at it. "Does the circle mean something?"

Collin nods. "Someone else will have a circle on their paper and they're your partner for the day."

"To do what?"

Collin twitches a little bit but replies evenly. "He hasn't told us yet. I'm going to go look for my-" He stops when he looks down at his paper. "Never mind I have a circle. Looks like it's you and me today."

Ant shrugs and goes back to drawing in the grass, leaving Collin looking a bit exasperated.

Meanwhile Byunjae bounces over to Na Sanghyun, grinning brightly. "Guess who you'll be hanging out with all day?"

Na Sanghyun looks distinctly confused. "Um, you're not my partner though"

Byunjae's grin keeps up. "I got the extra slip! It's completely blank since they thought there would only be twelve contestants going out today, so I get to choose who I want to hang out with! So is it cool if I stay with you?"

Before his friend can respond a third party butts in. "Nope you should go somewhere else."

Koda has appeared out of seemingly nowhere and Byunjae jumps. He looks from Koda to Na Sanghyun and frowns. "Your partner?"

"Yup."

"I'll stay then, two against one are better odds for us."

"No. No way, I am not spending the day with you!"

The three continue bickering loudly as the others find their pairs.

Seongjun jumps happily when he and Do Sanghyun match. Jude grins at Xaris as they check each other's papers, and Hongsol beams at KimQ who smiles back with a bit more restraint.

The last two people without a partner stare at each other for a long moment. TJ moves first, walking over to Danny and awkwardly standing next to him.

When the MC sees everyone has found their partner he waves attention back to himself. "Alright each pair will be given a camera and five hours of time to do whatever you please. The JYP building is of course not very far from here, but you may go wherever you like in the city so long as you return to the main building by three o'clock. Your time starts now, have fun."

Slowly the pairs head off, until just Collin and Ant are left. Once again the younger doesn't seem to have noticed the changes around him, and Collin grumbles a bit before shaking his shoulder.

Ant looks up curiously. "Are we leaving?"

Collin nods stiffly. "Anywhere you want to go specifically?"

Ant shrugs. "I have some compositions I want to keep working on." He says.

Collin sighs. "Better than nothing I guess. Let's go."

The scene changes to show Danny and TJ. The two have relocated further into the park and are sitting awkwardly on opposite ends of one of the benches. The camera sits between them, and the video is being taken from a distance.

TJ is clearly debating something as he keeps looking over at Danny and then looking down again. Finally he speaks.

"So, um, I might get eliminated soon I guess."

"You should have already been eliminated." Danny says. It's blunt but not said with malice, but rather presented as a fact.

TJ tenses sligtly nonetheless and falls silent again for a long moment.

"I was in the bottom three the first episode."

Danny looks over. "What?"

TJ isn't looking at him. "I should have been eliminated in the first round. But I was immune. So G was dropped instead. You're right I should have already been eliminated."

Danny seems at an utter loss for words as he stares at the other contestant, a mix of confusion and reluctant interest playing across his face.

TJ forges on, his legs bouncing and his hands fiddling with the edge of his shirt. "And then against Byunjae, I should have lost that. But again some random miracle happened and I'm still here. And I don't..." He stumbles, as though reaching the end of a script and not remembering the final lines.

Danny frowns. "Why are you telling me all this?"

"Do you hate me?"

"What are you-"

TJ doesn't seem to realize Danny started to answer as he cuts him off, bordering on rambling with his speech patterns. "I mean I know it's this whole thing, your group against mine, and I know you were upset when some of your friends started hanging out with me more and then the whole Seongjun thing happened but I always thought it was sort of playful. I mean, I don't hate you. I think you're funny and cool and someone I'd like to be friends with maybe." He shuts his mouth abruptly, faintly pink, and stares hard at the ground. The silence between them stretches into a full minute before his head drops even lower and he mumbles, "And I have never been this honest in my life. Kyuwon was wrong I don't feel better I just feel awkward and embarrassed."

Danny seems to finally recover from the information dump as he opens his mouth, clearly still trying to process a response.

"I... don't hate you. But I guess I wasn't... thrilled... when half my group ditched me to hang out with you. At first I blamed you, but then I figured it really wasn't that big of a deal. I still had friends. Friends who obviously actually like me and didn't just hang around because they weren't sure where else to sit." He sighs. "I don't hate you, but I'm not sure I like you either TJ. Maybe one day." He smiles awkwardly. "We can work on it."

TJ returns the smile with one just as awkward. "So. You as done with this sappy crap as I am?"

Danny laughs. "Hey you started it. Come on, we've got five hours to explore the city."

The scene changes again. This time it's being filmed on one of the hand-held cameras the boys had been given before seperating.

Hongsol's voice sounds from behind the camera as he pans it to show the Han River. "I haven't been here in ages, I forgot how pretty it was! We should come here for a fansign someday, imagine how pretty it would be!"

He turns to focus the camera on KimQ, who's smiling. "It's nice to hear you so excited about the group Sollie. You were pretty nervous when all this started."

"Oh, well, I mean, I didn't want to be over confident. Don't want to be. Oh gosh I did sound really presumptious just now." Hongsol starts sounding increasingly ashamed and KimQ quickly steps in.

"It was a compliment Hongsol, I'm glad you're feeling more confident. You should, you'd be a great part of the group." His smile is warm as his gaze travels back to the river. "And you're right it would be nice to hold an event here."

The scene changes to another hand-held, though for a moment it's impossible to tell what's going on, until finally it steadies to show a very annoyed Koda.

"I want to hold the camera Byunjae, I called it first you can't just take it!"

"Guess you weren't fast enough!" Byunjae sounds joyfully teasing as he spins and runs away from Koda, who can be heard shouting in the background. The shot changes to a wide view of the two, and shows Na Sanghyun standing to the side looking like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world.

"Why don't you two just switch off? We have five hours, just make it so every thirty minutes you trade? That works right?" He's ignored as the two continue to chase each other around the sidewalk and he sighs. "I can't believe you're making me be the voice of reason I hate both of you."

The scene cuts again to a hand held device.

"Alright let's see how good you actually are."

It's Xaris's voice behind the camera, and he's focusing as steadily as he can on Jude, who's seated at a piano.

Jude grins. "You'll be embarrassed to try when I'm done." He boasts playfully.

Xaris scoffs. "You think that was good. Here you hold it now."

Jude takes the camera and there's a moment of shuffling before he turns it around to show Xaris getting settled at the bench.

"This is how you play."

Jude grins. "Not bad, not bad. We'll let the viewers decide later who plays better, neh?" He turns the camera to face himself. "You'll all vote for me right?"

"No way!" Xaris laughs from off screen. "They have better taste then that!"

The scene cuts out again as they benter, and goes to commercial.


Koda, Byunjae, and Na Sanghyun race through the front doors of the JYP building to join the rest of the contestants who have already gathered in the front lobby. The three are all out of breath, and Koda looks ready for murder.

Byunjae hands their camera to a staff member waiting at the door and then waltzes over to the group like nothing happened, grinning happily.

JYP frowns directly at him. "You're all five minutes late. Byunjae get up here."

The camera view pans out to reveal the CEO standing in front of the group of contestants, with TJ beside him. Byunjae quickly makes his way over to them, having the grace to finally look somewhat embarrassed.

"Sorry sir, the bus was late."

"The bus is always late Byunjae it isn't an excuse."

"I told you!"

"Koda shush."

"IF no one else has anything to say we'll get started with the tie breaker." JYP's voice rises over the escalating chaos, and everyone quickly falls quiet again.

JYP waits a moment before continuing. "Thank you. Now this challenge had to be thought up last minute and so you're only getting half a day to complete it so we can stay on schedule. That means until four AM tomorrow, which totals to twelve hours."

Everyone nods quietly.

JYP continues. "TJ and Byunjae will each choose a team and then direct that team to create a cover dance of whatever song you want. However you two will not be in the dance yourselves. Whoever does better will remain in the competition. TJ will start choosing as he received more judge votes in last night's challenge."

Danny, Na Sanghyun, and Seongjun all look briefly over at Byunjae, but the contestant doesn't seem phased by the mention of the previous night's situation, so they look back to TJ.

JYP nods to the contestant to begin. TJ doesn't hesitate with his choice.

"Koda!"

Byunjae roll shis eyes slightly. "Well that was obvious. I'll follow trend though. Kitten you're with me!"

Na Sanghyun grins, though it's a bit tight.

TJ grins. "I want Jude."

Byunjae's smile drops immediately. "Then I'm taking Collin."

"And I'll have KimQ."

Byunjae sighs and looks over the remaining contestants. "Alright. Do Sanghyun you're in my group."

TJ's eyes fly to his friend, who shrugs apologetically to him and shuffles towards Byunjae's side of the room.

TJ ponders for a moment before making his pick. "Hongsol then."

Byunjae seems to remember something. "Danny-hyung, you're on my team!"

"Took long enough Byunjae." Danny jokes as he joins the rest of Byunjae's group.

"Seongjun."

"Xaris."

TJ smiles at the one man left. "Then that leaves you on my team Ant. Come on Team Epic, we're taking the big practice room!"

Byunjae starts to protest, "Hey no fair-" but TJ has already taken off down the hall cackling manically, with his group close behind him.

Byunjae sighs dramatically and then laughs and turns to his group. "Okay guys, so I'm thinking we do a popular song from this year to get people really jamming."

Do Sanghyun hesitantly raises his hand but Byunjae waves him down. "Questions later, we don't have very much time so you guys will have to listen to me really well so we can win this. Alright, let's go to one of the other practice rooms." He parades his group down a hall opposite the way that TJ went.

The scene shifts to show TJ's group arriving at thier practice room. TJ promptly ushers everyone into a circle on the floor, and then plops down himself between Koda and Jude.

"Okay so what is everyone interested in doing?" He looks over to Koda, who eagerly starts talking.

"So we have four really good dancers on our team so I'd say we should try for a cover of a more complex dance, and if we work with a dance that has less than six people then we can divide parts betwen Hongsol and Ant so they don't have to do as much but can still look good." Koda summarizes quickly and proudly.

TJ grins. "Thank you dance master. Alright so that sounds good to me, does anyone have any obections?"

The others shake their heads almost unanimously and TJ hums. "Alright then, slightly more complex dance it is! SHINee is known for their dancing."

Seongjun raises his hand. "What about one of Taeyang's songs? It's just him but with a lot of backup dancers, so any of them should be easy enough to fix up into something the six of us can do." He looks over to Koda for confirmation, and the other contestant nods vigorously.

"Actually we did a version of Good Boy for one of my crew's battles a while back, i bet I cn fix it up for us so we have time to practice! Oh, but can any of you breakdance? There's one part in it that requires breakdancing."

KimQ raises his hand uncertainly. "I should be able to if it's something simple." He offers.

TJ claps his hands excitedly. "Alright then! If everyone agrees, let's get started!"

The time stamp in the corner fast forwards three hours and the scene changes to Byunjae's group.

The five members of the group are standing in a formation, with Byunjae standing in front frowning.

"I know the moves are repetitive but that's what this song is like. Anyway if we do anything too complicated we won't be able to cover very much of it. Any besides, there are different formations which apparently are hard enough to learn." The last line is directed pointedly towards Na Sanghyun, who grimaces but doesn't reply.

Collin responds as though speaking to a child. "I know that Byunjae but maybe Do Sangyun and I could-"

"Look hyung, this challenge is for me to be able to show I can be a leader. If I don't do this I get elminated. So please just listen to me, okay?"

Collin sighs but nods. "Yeah fine. I won't like it though."

"You don't have to. Alright let's go again from the top!"

Again the time stamp speeds past another five hours, to eleven o'clock at night. The scene changes back to TJ's team, who are sitting against the mirrors, drinking water and eating boxed salads.

"So everyone has the main part down now?" TJ asks after swallowing a mouthful.

The others nods, and he hums happily. "Alright, well we'll run it one more time after we finish to make extra sure, and then Koda can start showing us the verse and the bridge. Oh, Ant did you finish cropping the music?" The last question is directed to the young man as he walks into the room.

He smiles slightly and holds up a disc. "Yup. It was easy."

TJ smiles brightly at the younger contestant. "Awesome! Okay, so you can eat and the rest of us will run through the choruses again while you do that."

"I'm pretty sure we can all do them in our sleep by now." Seongun whines teasingly as he stands up.

TJ sticks his tongue out. "Well it's better to have a really solid performance that's a bit shorter than have a long one that isn't as good. I believe you were the one who said that when we were trying to decide how to break up the practice."

Both boys laugh as TJ starts the music.

Again the timestamp jumps two hours as the scene jumps teams.

"Alright again from the top. Danny you're always a beat behind everyone during the interlude, speed up."

Danny just nods. The whole group looks tired but they shuffle to their positions. Byunjae poises his hand to start the music, but then looks over at the group and sigs.

"Okay you're not getting anything accomplished in your current states are you. We've got the whole choreography together, go ahead and take a nap or something for the next hour, you'll need energy to perform. We'll run the dance a few hundred times when you wake up."

All five of the boys collapse thankfully. Byunjae watches them, before slowly settling to the ground himself. He pulls out his phone, sets the alarm for two AM, and then leans back and closes his eyes.

The time remains the same this time when the shot changes back to TJ. Koda and KimQ are nowhere to be seen, but the remaining team members, including TJ, are sweating heavily.

"We have got to ask JYP to invest in full building airconditioning." Seongjun whines pitifully.

Ant hums in agreement and Jude laughs.

"Trust me we've asked. He's stubborn about how much it would cost to do."

"Booooooo." Seongjun complains, sticking his tongue out right at the camera.

TJ bounces up after draining a bottle of water. "Okay guys let's try dong the entire thing from the top. Obviously it won't be perfect until Goseang and KimQ get back, but it will be good if we're solid with the full run so that we just have to worry about integrating them into the dance rather than stringing everything together."

"When will they be back? There isn't much longer beore we perform."

"Should be in the next hour. I wanted to give you guys about and hour and half to shower and rest a bit before we perform, so if they're back by two we can probably finish by two thirty. Hopefully anyway!" He bounces over to the MP3 player in the wall. "Come on guys, we've got this!"

The time stamp then jumps to four AM and the scene shows a new practice room with a table set up at one end. Behind the table are Jihyo, Jun.K, JB, and Yeeun, who waves cheerfully as the contestants all file into the room a little after the hour.

JYP enters not long after them and settles himself at the center of the table. "TJ, Byunjae, please sit on the ends please."

The two quickly jump to comply. TJ sits on the far left while Byunjae goes to the right.

JYP nods. "Alright TJ's team you'll be going first. TJ you can set the music."

The six members of the group quickly gather in a circle in the center of the room. TJ shoots them a thumbs up as he prepares the CD, and then hits play.


(Hongsol:Dark Hair, Tie       Seongjun:Dark Hair, Open Shirt       Koda:Breakdancer      KimQ:Blond, Open Shirt       Jude:Blond, Tie       Ant:Dark Hair, Tie)

The judges remain silent and emotionless as the performance finishes, though the five contestants from the other group cheer for them.

JYP waits for the group to cach their breath before looking to Byunjae. "You may give your critique first. No more that ten seconds please."

Byunjae thinks quickly before speaking. "Koda was obviously not in sync with the rest, he kept adding his own flair instead of blending with the others."

Jun.K speaks next. "It was ambitious and with more time could have been quite impressive but there were elements that were too simple to be interesting, likely because of your time limit."

Jihyo ends with her own thoughts. "I thought your use of your two worst dancers was clever, I almost didn't notice that they weren't as skiled as the others." She compliments with a warm smile towards Hongsol and Ant.

JYP nods. "Alright moving on. Byunjae's group go."

The teams switch spots and Byunjae gets up to start the music.


(Collin:Rep Cap       Xaris:Yellow Cap       Do Sanghyun:Blue Sweater       Na Sanghyun:White and Blue Shirt       Danny:Red Shirt)

As before the judges remain motionless, though TJ smiles and applauds along with his group. Byunjae looks over at him, bites his lip, and then looks back to the front of the room stiffly.

JYP nods to TJ to start.

TJ doesn't pause to think as he speaks. "I liked the intepretation of a ten member dance down to just five, the formations all flowed together well."

Yeeun raises an eyebrow as she adds her own thoughts. "The moves were highly simplistic and repetitive, it would have been nice to see more dynamics from the stronger dancers."

Collin shoots a look at Byunjae who worries his lower lip and looks at the table.

JB speaks next. "The song choice was pretty cliché, and Danny and Xaris both fell behind beats a couple of times."

JYP then clears his throat. "Well then now that that's done, let's get to the real point of this challenge.

Both TJ and Byunjae spin on the CEO in shock. "What?"

JYP ignored them and waves Jude up from TJ's group and Collin over from Byunjae's team. The two look as confused as the team leaders but they make their way up to the table.

"Now then, how would you rank your leaders on a scale from one to ten, and why."

Byunjae suddenly looks extremely nervous.

Collin hesitates so Jude goes first. "I'd say at least a seven sir. TJ's leading style was more letting us make the decisions and he'd make the final calls and organizing all our ideas. It dragged longer than it needed to sometimes though."

TJ ducks his head in acceptance as Collin slowly starts to answer.

"...Seven as well. He put his foot down and got things done, but I wish he'd listened to us more."

JYP nods. "We've been watching both of you on a live feed since the start of the challenge. It's nice to get a more personal perspective. Alright, you can all go to the dorms and sleep for a bit, we'll discuss and decide who's staying in the morning. Dismissed!"

THere's some hesitation, but soon enough the boys all file out.

Byunjae falls in step next to Na Sanghyun. "So there's no way I'm going to be getting any sleep. Wanna play Smash Bros and annoy Koda by always taking his mains?"

Sanghyun contemplates for a moment, and then smiles. "Sure Jae, sounds like fun."

( AUTHOR'S NOTE ) Wheeeeeeeeeee new episode! Okay so votes for the front page rankings are sitll open until tonight so that will be updated in the morning along with the Support Group Page. After that votes will be towards this chapter, and VOTING IS NEEDED THIS ROUND. It was more optional last time but next round is determined by votes so vote vote vote!
 
Also this story is now over half way done! As such I've opened up a NEW SURVIVAL SHOW! Check it out!
 
Alright we'll end with the episode poll, and read the question carefully before voting! I switched it up this time ^^