Insomnia

A TRADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9
Insomnia

 

The song already started and there were already a number of pairs on the dance floor. Yonghwa and Seohyun just entered the hall after following Mr. Harrison from his, *ahem*, intrusion of a moment. The heiress stared in awe at the gracefulness of the dancers on the floor. No matter how many times she's been to events such as this one, she will always be amazed at how two people can dance oh so beautifully. Sure, she had her fair share of dancing with different male partners before but she never really saw her as one of the best ones though.

Mr. Harrison coughed, gaining the pair's attention again. "Why don't you join the dance? " He offered.

Seohyun was about to refuse but Yonghwa cut her off by showing her one of his gentleman smiles once again and offered her a hand, "Shall we? " and she knew she couldn't refuse. With a faint blush on her cheeks, she shyly took his hand and allowed her to lead them to the dance floor.

The pair got a comfortable space on the floor and waited for a right cue in the song to start. Heplaced a hand on Seohyun's waist while the latter placed a hand on her partner's shoulder, both of their other hands were joined together, and slowly they started to dance.

Seohyun gulped. She knew she couldn't possibly look at him in the eyes because she knew what would happen if she does: she's going to be lost in them once again. Her cheeks continued to flush as she just stared at the floor, mind focusing on the steps as she moved along with Yonghwa's feet.

Oh no, I could really feel him staring at me! What am I going to do?

Her concentration was lost for a second that she almost tripped on her feet, unable to suddenly synchronize with Yonghwa. She almost yelped from the accident but Yonghwa's hold on her waist tightened to prevent her from completely falling down. Seohyun let out a breath, and looked up to thank him.

But it was a big mistake.

She looked up at him and there were his eyes again. His beautiful, mesmerizing dark-brown eyes that Seohyun knew they had some sort of amazing effect on her.

"Relax," he leaned in and whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine once more.

"I-I'm sorry," she said.

And then she realized how closer they got due to her little accident. But surprisingly, Seohyun didn't mind. She actually likes being this close to him, very close to him.

But why? Why am I enjoying his presence this close? Shouldn't I be pushing him away?

The two continued to dance to the slow melody of the song, which was actually a love song. Seohyun noted. Yonghwa twirled her around as their feet synchronized again, back to how they started.

"You're a really good dancer, Joohyun." he commented.

This just made her smile at him and said, "Well, you're a pretty good leader."

Yonghwa's shoulders shook lightly as he chuckled. "I have to be or else I wouldn't want to humiliate myself in front of my very beautiful fiancée now."

"Oh that's right, dear. You had a way of words with how you invited me to this ball, darling." She giggled, suddenly remembering the ridiculous phone call she got from his this morning filled with nicknames meant for crazy love birds.

Yonghwa just laughed again at the same time she twirled her. "I told you I treat my lady very well, dear, especially my fiancée." He winked. "But I know something else that could show you how much I appreciate my lady right now," his eyes suddenly showed a glint of passion which didn't go unnoticed for her partner.

"Flirt," she grinned but she knew she can't help but blush at his words, knowing full well what he meant.

"Would you?"

Seohyun looked at his eyes once again and suddenly she saw them with sincerity and seriousness. She gulped but then started to play dumb and ask about it. "Would I what?"

"Would you let me—" Yonghwa stared deep into her brown eyes, "—continue off where we ended at the balcony?" He pulled her closer by the waist as they continued to dance. He saw her eyes widen with shock at his question.

The heiress could feel her heart beat faster once again. Her eyes closed and opened and once again she felt herself falling deeper in his fascinated orbs, and she knew she was already feeling something for him.

But what is this feeling?

She bit her lip for a second and slowly closed her eyes and nodded, silently giving Yonghwa his answer. Even with her eyes closed, she knew he smiled and she felt him leaning in just like awhile ago. They stopped dancing momentarily and it happened.

His lips softly landed against hers.

This time, no one stopped them; no one interrupted them, even if everyone could see them.

And according to Yonghwa, she just gave away her first kiss to this man right here.

My first kiss!

It was like they were in their own world now. They seemed to have forgotten about everyone else in the dance floor, heck everyone else in the whole hall. It wasn't just a simple peck, but it was truly something filled with tenderness and feelings. Seohyun could already feel herself falling deeper and deeper with their bodies close and their lips attached to each other. Her mind was filled with him and him only. She noticed how soft his lips were and not the dry and chapped one too.

Overall, she felt herself completely melting in his arms while in their kiss.

But everything needs an end and they were slowly pulled back to reality when they heard claps around them. Yonghwa was the first one to pull away and Seohyun finally opened her eyes, but honestly missing the sensation again.

They looked around and noticed that the song already stopped. The crowd was clapping to congratulate all couples who participated in the dance.

The heiress looked up at her partner again and noticed he was already smiling at her. This just made her cheeks feel hotter than before, especially after the kiss. But then, even after all that, she could also feel herself smiling back at him.

She was happy.

She was truly happy.

And she doesn't know why she's happy to be around him—happy that they're close to each other now, happy that they kissed.

What is this feeling?

 

 

The car ride from the event was a silent one—an awkward one at that. Neither said anything about the kiss, especially Seohyun who was too embarrassed to talk about it. It was a good thing their travel time was cut short since it was already past midnight when they left the area and so only a few cars remained in the streets.

The silence was suddenly broken by the Jung heir.

"I'm happy your trauma for this car isn't as big as before now."

Seohyun looked at him. She was shocked too for not bawling her eyes out after getting in this car with him. She just gave him a smile and said, "It's not so bad anymore, I guess."

And they became quiet once again.

Fortunately, the car already stopped hinting the riders that they have already arrived back at the Jung manor, the butlers opening the car doors for them to already get out.

"Welcome home, young master and Ms. Seo," Jaesuk greeted.

Yonghwa nodded while Seohyun thanked him.

"Where's Jessica?" Yonghwa asked.

"Ms. Jessica is already fast asleep. It seems like she was very tired from all her work today." Jaesuk answered and Yonghwa just nodded.

"Well, I'll be heading to my room now too. You should do the same Yonghwa; I know you're very tired as well." Seohyun offered.

And the both of them quietly walked up the stairs and into their separate rooms.

Once Seohyun was back in her room, she took off her gown and placed it on the hamper, and grabbed a nightgown from the closet. She let her hair down, rinsed off her makeup and stowed away her jewellery piece by piece until her hands landed on Yonghwa's gift. She took it off around her neck and stared at it. The necklace continued to shine and Seohyun couldn't help but smile. It was very thoughtful of him to buy him a present.

This wasn't the first time the heiress received a gift like this. During her whole life, she received dozens of jewellery gifts from different kinds of men, old and young alike. However, Yonghwa was the only being who gave it to her by being the one to put it around her neck. Seohyun closed her eyes, remembering the feeling she had when Yonghwa's hands gently wrapped around her neck, slowly guiding the necklace and locking it behind.

And then of course, her mind began to continue remembering the scenes after that, much to her dismay.

I still can't believe we kissed!

Seohyun's fingers slowly crept up and touched her lips and her eyes widened.

"Why did I let him come close to me like that? Why did I let him kiss me?"

It's because you also wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter