Let's Get Legal

A TRADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3
Let's Get Legal

Seohyun dashed through the halls of the Jung mansion, running to wherever her feet and emotions led her. She just found out everything as to why this is happening to her and never in her life had she imagined it to be like this. All she could think about was to how her mother had practically sold her to the Jung Family just for her to become rich. What kind of mother does that?

She ran to the next floor and turned right, hoping she was going in the direction to her room. It was her first time to go around the place but all of that sense of direction became foggy due to the emotions welled up inside her. She got inside a room—hopefully hers, and ran to a seemingly familiar bed and plopped herself down to the pillows. Her head ached from the sudden impact but she didn't care, and she can't feel herself crying again, it's like she has already cried all her tears last night and now she just felt exhausted. The black-haired beauty breathed heavily. Her life has become more complicated now that her future has been planned for her. She just turned 20, for Pete's sake! And now people are just suddenly want her to act like an adult and bear some rich family's heir like she's their property? Oh wait, she is their property.

Seohyun sighed. She sat up at the edge of the bed and turned. Suddenly, a picture frame from the bedside table got her attention and that's when she realized the bedroom she entered wasn't hers. She also just realized now the faint smell of the manly mixture of rosemary, leather and tobacco present on the bed, giving another clue that the room obviously wasn't hers. Her attention went back to the picture frame: it framed a picture of a very pretty woman almost her age. The woman wasn't Korean for sure, Japanese maybe, she had beautiful long-straight-black hair, sparkling brown-doll eyes and had a very beautiful smile on her face. She looked perfect.

Seohyun couldn't help stare at the beauty framed in front of her until a voice interrupted her thoughts.

"That's Akihito Yuri," The dark-brown-eyed girl looked at the direction of the voice and saw Yonghwa standing a few feet from her.

"Is this a habit of yours? Suddenly voicing out from nowhere?" Seohyun asked, noticing the familiar scene before her eyes.

Yonghwa let out a small chuckle and shook his head. "Not really, because this is my bedroom." This just made the girl look around the room and feel embarrassed for what she just said. Of all places she just had to enter in to, why does it have to be his room? She sighed and just shook off her little humiliation.

Seohyun looked at the picture once more and asked, "Is she your lover?"

"No," Yonghwa answered and walked closer to the lady on his bed.

"Why? You two would've looked great together and," and maybe I wouldn't be in this mess. Seohyun said but not voicing out the last part of her mind. She suddenly felt weight from her side and saw that the Jung heir already sat beside her on the bed.

"That's because she's my mother." was his reply. "See the resemblance? I have her eyes, look." He stared at the heiress' eyes and indeed, Seohyun agreed, that he did have the same eyes as his mother.

And that's when she realized how beautiful his eyes looked, or rather, his whole face. He had a very soft, radiant skin, a brownish black hair and the most intense brown eyes she had ever seen. At that thought, Seohyun looked away after realizing that she had been staring at him for too long and her eyes went back to the picture with a faint blush on her cheeks to hide her embarrassment.

"So where is she? Is she around?" Seohyun asked. She then saw from the corner of her eyes Yonghwa shaking his head again. "Then where is she?" She added with obvious curiosity.

"Japan, probably,"

"Probably?"

"She was just like you, Ms. Seohyun."

"What do you mean?" Seohyun's curiosity increased with that statement.

"I mean," Yonghwal said looking at the picture as well. "She was also part of a Jung deal. My grandfather found her family in Japan. Apparently, the Akihito family owed a big debt to our family and in order to pay us back, they decided that she was to be taken away from her family when she turns 20 years old and will be brought to our family to bear me." He explained.

"Oh…" was all Seohyun could say.

"But," Yonghwa continued which made the beauty look at him again. "She didn't stay. After I was born, she just simply gave me to my father and left. And I never got the chance to actually meet her or talk to her. A lot of my relatives are like that, actually. Many of us don't know or haven't personally seen our mother or father, depending on who was the one dragged into these kinds of deals."

"Did you ever try contacting her?" She asked.

"I did once, but my father forbade me to do so."

"Why?"

"I was never really sure, but what I was sure about was that my father loved my mother very much but he never got the chance to tell her. He never did which is why she left without knowing his feelings. And that—" Yonghwa pointed to the picture she was holding, "—was the only picture he had of my mother. He gave it to me thinking that I should at least know what my mother looked like."

"How come your father never stopped her? Isn't that part of the deal?"

"No," Yonghwa continued. "The deal was only up to the birth of an heir. Once the heir has been born, the decision to stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter