The Rose-Scented Lady

A TRADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14
The Rose-Scented Lady

 

Morning came and Seohyun woke up with a moan, seemingly comfortable in her place. With still closed eyes, her arms gently felt for the soft areas surrounding her, enjoying the warmth of the blanket over her. With this thought in mind, her brows narrowed and her eyes slowly opened, wondering how she ended up in the place?

I know I slept at the couch last night, so how did I—?

Smart as she was, she knew the only answer to her mental question.

Yonghwa.

The heiress rubbed her eyes and breathed, she was suddenly surprised at the familiar masculine scent of sandalwood that reached her nose. She looked at her side and yet no one was there but the smell remained at the pillow and comforter, as if leaving the essence of her husband that once slept there.

So we actually slept beside one another? Why?

Seohyun frowned. That wasn't exactly what she was expecting. Why on earth would he do such a thing? Sighing, she lifted the covers away from her and slowly sat up, greeting the new day ahead of her. She stood up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom for a shower.

Yonghwa probably went to his office early today.

That she was sure of.

But unexpected events weren't in mind for the dark-haired heiress.

 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Yonghwa. Welcome back from your honeymoon and congratulations too!." The secretary greeted. Yonghwa just gave a nod and a small smile to appreciate her greeting.

"Thank you," he said. "Has there been any problem while I was away?"

Kwon Minah, his secretary, just shook her head politely. "I'm glad to say everything went smoothly, Mr. Yonghwa. It's as if you didn't even leave!"

Yonghwa chuckled. "Well, I take pride in running business smoothly, thank you. Are there any important messages for me?"

Minah passed him a bundle of note cards from different callers who tried contacting her boss. The latter simply nodded and gave his thanks and was about to enter his office until his secretary added, "Oh and Ms. Park is here to see you. I'm sorry for letting in people without your permission but she insisted to wait for you inside."

Yonghwa's smile slowly faded, his brows burrowing and his eyes turned sharp. "I see," and he walked away and entered his office room.

There, seated in one of the couches was her. She stood up after recognizing the presence of Yonghwa, her light brown hair swaying as her slender legs walked towards him, her heels silently clicking on the carpeted floor. She was sporting on a smile, now standing in front of him.

"Shinhye…"

Shinhye kept her smile and gazed at him. Lovingly? No, it wasn't something around that area. Rather her smile can be described as something with hidden meanings and Yonghwa wasn't sure what those are as of the moment.

"I'm surprised you still remember me," she spoke.

"How could I not?"

Shinhye's response was silent. Her eyes slowly left his and descended on his tall stature until she saw the shining item present in his finger. She held her gaze there until Yonghwa felt uncomfortable and drew his hand away from her view.

"Because I assume your wife has been keeping you…distracted?" Her last word went only beyond whisper, seemingly unsure of how she should describe it, and distracted seemed to be proper at the moment.

"Distracted? I don't believe so," was his cool response.

During their whole conversation, Yonghwa kept still as well as his gentleman smile and eyes that showed his control. Truth be told, he really was surprised to see his companion just the day after he arrived from his honeymoon. But then, maybe he shouldn't be. After all, it is Park Shinhye.

"What is it she's distracting me from?" He added, finally moving from his position and walked towards his big desk where a pile of work was waiting for him. He sat on his executive chair and rubbed his temples, trying to push away the migraine he just noticed now.

Shinhye followed him with her eyes. Like him, she too kept a cool façade with her soft gazes and friendly smile. She breathed and walked closer to him again, this time sitting on one of the chairs available across him where clients and partners usually sit to converse with him. She sat, with a rather sly smile and crossed her legs, even more revealing her flawless legs.

"You know exactly where she's distracting you from, Yonghwa…" And just like awhile ago, she breathed her last word: his name.

Yonghwa smirked and decided to play coy. "If you must know, Shinhye, my business has actually boosted even when we're still engaged. I'm rather fond of keeping my priorities intact." He replied, scanning through the little notes his secretary gave him awhile ago.

A soft giggle escaped the lady's lips. "Yes, I am aware of that. But you know that's wasn't what I was talking about." She had this glint in her eyes that Yonghwa didn't notice since his eyes were still focused on the left messages.

"Mm-hmm…" was his only response, still refusing to look at her. If he continued with his gaze like awhile ago, heaven knows what he's doing right now. And heaven won't even like it one bit. He didn't even notice that his split attention was getting on the nerves of the lady, now up from her seat and walking silently around him.

"Or is it that you have already forgotten our promise?" Yonghwa suddenly jumped at the whispers in his ear. He looked back and saw that Shinhye was already inches away from his face with a teasing glint in her eyes. He bit his lip, not so sure of how to react. With their close proximity, he could smell the not-so-faint rose scent coming from the light-haired lady that was usually enough to entice his senses.

"I would never—"

"Allow me to refresh your memory, my love."

And with that, Shinhye raised her gentle hands and placed it on either sides of Yonghwa 's face. The latter slowly closed his eyes, already knowing what's going to happen next when he saw her lean towards him.

It was a soft peck at first, that is until Yonghwa gave in to the moment and pulled the light-haired woman to his lap, their lips not leaving each other and both eyes closed reliving the passion they once missed.

He didn't even realize how much his wedding ring has been feeling heavy, or rather how his mind screamed guilty thoughts but he decided to shut all those feelings away. This is what his heart wanted, right? He managed to think about that question for a while until the lady on his lap deepened their kiss even more.

This is what my heart wants, right?

She is the one I love, right?

I think she is.

But it wasn't the first time Yonghwa's not sure of his feelings, especially when it concerns a certain heiress back in his mansion.

 

 

It wasn't technically a fun day for Seohyun. With Jessica not around since she's busy with her part of the family business too, Seohyun didn't really have anyone to talk to. She tried calling Yoona but she wasn't available for the day. Despite all that, she did make it a productive afternoon by havin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter