The Wedding, Just Go With It

A TRADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10
The Wedding, Just Go With It

 

Seohyun's eyes slowly opened as she woke up from her slumber. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, stretching her arms a bit after giving a satisfied groan. She suddenly heard a low growl from below, obviously from her stomach signalling her hunger at the moment.

"Time for breakfast then,"

The heiress pulled the covers away from her as she looked at her bedside clock to look at the time.

"Eh! It's already 12:23!" She shrieked, but then suddenly remembered. "Wait, what am I so worried about? It's not like I have something important to do anyway. But it is quite unusual for Sena or anyone else to not wake me up for breakfast." She blinked but then shrugged it off.

A smile then formed on her lips as she remembered the happenings of last night, and just this early morning. She already got to sleep past 4am after Yonghwa and her midnight rendezvous in the kitchen. Her shoulders shook as she giggled, remembering how she almost killed him with a knife from hiding behind the food closet.

She walked towards the bathroom and did her usual routines before going downstairs and probably have a chat with Jessica, if she's here that is.

The Seo heiress walked down the big stairs in the mansion and proceeded to the dining hall. It was time for lunch so someone should probably be there, right?

"Ah! Seohyun, good morning!" Jessica greeted as Seohyun sat down to her usual seat.

"Good morning," she greeted back. She looked around and saw that there was still one more person missing in the hall. "Um…"

"If you're looking for Yonghwa, he left early again this morning. I was looking for him too but Jaesuk told me he went to the office early again due to some presentations or something," the brunette explained as she took a bite of her food. Seohyun's food arrived just in time she sat and took a sip of her orange juice.

"I see…" she said, realizing that maybe Yonghwa never had the chance to sleep after their encounter last night if he left early just like Jessica said. Poor guy.

"So, how was the ball last night?" and Seohyun almost choked on her drink, suddenly remembering their little dance that ended very well might I add. This reaction however, didn't go unnoticed to the brunette as her eyes reflected teasing tones. "Hm, based on your reaction, I think you had a great time, right?"

Seohyun just blushed and ate her food in peace, thinking on how she would answer Jessica's questions right now. Oh if only Yonghwa were here, he would be able to pacify her and eventually stop her from asking such humiliating questions.

Jessica just threw her a grin and took a bite of her food again. "It's okay if you don't tell me Seohyun," she munched. "It's not like I don't already know anyway." she added mumbling which the heiress didn't quite hear.

"Pardon?" Seohyun's ears perked. Did she just say what I think she said? And her cheeks turned red even more.

Her companion just shook her head and proceeded eating.

"Uh, Jessica?" Seohyun called.

The brunette raised her head and said, "Yes?"

"Is it possible to contact Yonghwa right now? I just need to ask him about something."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah of course, let's have Sena bring the phone and call him now. He should be free around this hour for his lunch break too." She said and then called for the maid to fetch the phone. "Thank you Sena!" she added when Sena arrived at the hall and gave her the phone. She then dialled Yonghwa's office number and waited for it to be answered.

While it was ringing, she quickly tossed the cordless phone to Seohyun's hands.

"Hey, why?" Seohyun asked at the sudden toss.

"It's better if you be the one to call him. I hate his secretary and Yonghwa usually ignore my calls saying it was irrelevant or something, that damn bastard." She whined and gobbled down her food. "Hey, put it on speakerphone then. I'd like to hear his reaction."

Seohyun did as she was told and put it on speakerphone. The ringing of the phone continued until it was answered by a lady with a soft, yet strict voice. "Hello, this is Jung Yonghwa’s line. How may I help you?" The heiress threw Jessica a look as to how she should respond but the latter just urged her to be natural and look for Yonghwa.

"Uh yes, may I speak to Yonghwa please," Seohyun answered.

"I'm sorry but Mr. Yonghwa is currently busy right now and have asked me to not give him calls at the moment, but you may leave your name and message and I'll be sure to transfer it to him later." the strict voice from the other line said.

"Annoying voice, what'd I tell you," Jessica rolled her eyes. "Tell her it's urgent," she urged Seohyun.

"But she said Yonghwa doesn't want to be disturbed right now," she whispered back.

"I'm sure he'll accept it once he knows it's you." The brunette winked while the other just bit her lip and did as she was told.

Seohyun was about to respond until they heard Yonghwa's voice from the background. "Who just called?" he asked.

"The lady hasn't given me her name yet hold on," the secretary responded and went back to the phone. "Yes, may I know who's speaking?"

Seohyun threw her companion a look again while Jessica just convinced her to continue with her eyes and fork wave. "Could you please tell him Seo Joohyun has called," she breathed.

"One moment please," the secretary said and they heard a few ruffles and said to Yonghwa, "it's a lady named Seo Joohyun. Would you like to—"

"Transfer the call to my phone now!" and they heard a bang of door afterwards, most likely it was Yonghwa shutting the door of his office and in a rush obviously.

The secretary from the other line could only sweatdrop and nodded. "Yes Ms. Seo, you'll be transferred to Mr. Yonghwa's phone right away." and a beeping sound was heard followed by Yonghwa's husky voice.

Jessica winked at Seohyun saying how it was successful.

"Hi baby!"

And then of course, Jessica's laughs suddenly filled across the dining hall and apparently, Yonghwa heard it as well. Seohyun, on the other hand, blushed after realizing that Yonghwa and she would be in such nickname terms if they were speaking thru phones.

"Jessica…" Yonghwa's threatening voice was suddenly heard as it replaced the cheery one before.

But Jessica continued to be in a fit of giggles, trying desperately to answer her cousin. "I'm sorry…Haha! I never knew…haha!...that you and Seohyun …hahahaha…were in already such terms! That was the first time I heard you talk like that, my cute little cousin! HAHAHA." and her laugh just continued to echo across the hall.

Seohyun could only sweatdrop at the scene but then gave out a sigh. She could just picture how Yonghwa's looking right now but she needed to ask him something already.

"That's so mean of you, Jessica! Using Seohyun's name just to call me and tease me? You're really insane!" was what they heard from the other line.

"No, no! Seohyun really wanted to call you and ask you something!" the brunette defended, taking a break from the huge laugh she just had.

The heiress just gave out a giggle but then finally responded with a melodious voice, "Hello Yonghwa?"

"Hey," they heard him say.

"I'm really sorry about Jessica but I just want to ask you something," she said.

"It's alright. What is it then?"

"Um, is it alright if I go meet Yoona somewhere? I just miss her so much already and I haven't apologized to her yet on what happened the last time we met."

A pause.

Seohyun crossed her fingers in the hope of him allowing her. She knew he wouldn't allow her to go easily and possible conditions have already crossed her mind. But, it's already their wedding tomorrow and what better way to shoo away anxious feelings than spending a day with your best friend?

It was awhile before Yonghwa finally responded and when he did, his voice had a more serious tone that just a while ago.

"Okay, but…"

And she expected that 'but'.

"It should only be in the Tea shop or in the mall. I hope you understand that." Yonghwa said.

Seohyun nodded. "I understand."

"Good, please pass the phone now to Jessica. I need to tell her some instructions." Seohyun turned it off on speakerphone and got it back to handset mode and passed the phone to Jessica who was currently munching on her meat.

"Yes, it's Jessica," she responded.

The heiress continued to eat all the while watching Jessica converse with Yonghwa on the phone. She couldn't hear what they're talking about now since it was now reverted to handset mode so all she could see was Jessica's constant nodding and 'okay' and little glances towards her.

Jessica looks so much mature now. Seohyun observed. Currently, the brunette had a serious face on that she usually puts when it's about business or something very important. She liked this personality of hers: Jessica knew when to be serious and when to be happy-go-lucky.

Jungs really train their people to become professionals, huh?

Jessica finally ended the conversation and hung up. She smiled at the heiress across her and finally said, "I'm sorry Seohyun, but I hope you be a good girl and just follow our conditions, okay?"

Seohyun's face lit up as she nodded. "Thank you! I'm really happy you allowed me to go!" She suddenly felt excitement rush through her body with the thoughts of seeing her best friend once again.

"Okay, meet me in the living room in 15 minutes. I'll just pass on to you Yonghwa's instructions there."

 

 

Seohyun sat on the couch in the living room. She just then realized that she hasn't entered this part of the mansion yet, the whole time she was here. The rooms she has just been were her designated room, the dining hall, the grand hall, Yonghwa's office room and by accident, Yonghwa's room. Her eyes scanned the whole room and noticed it has a big, spacious area where people can really come and enjoy a time together.

The living room had a simple yet elegant design. The look was something expected from the Jung family: imported curtains, finely painted walls and the furniture were just exquisite. Everything was in its proper place and the whole room was neat and tidy, Seohyun nodded.

Until something from the corner of the area caught her eye.

It was a big, shiny black grand piano.

Her eyes widened as thoughts from her musical days flooded in her mind. She remembered those days when she sang in front of audiences and applauded and awarded her with so many things due to her God-given gift. The piano looked untouched however, I wonder who plays in their family.

Just as she was about to stand and move towards the said object, Jessica came in with a box in her hands and sat on the couch beside Seohyun.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! I had to fetch something because this was one of Yonghwa's orders." the brunette said as she made herself comfortable in her seat.

"It's alright," Seohyun said.

Jessica then placed the box on the small table in front of them and opened it revealing an item. She took the item from the box and opened it and presented it in front of Seohyun.

"Here, this is for you," Jessica said.

It was a smartphone. An expensive one at that, Seohyun could tell. The company it was brought from was one of her mother's clients and these were just either given free or sold to them at an extremely low price compared to others.

"What is this for?" Seohyun asked as she accepted the phone in her hands.

"Unfortunately I can't come with you to meet your friend because I have errands to go to today so Yonghwa instructed me to give you one of these so we can easily contact you. Our numbers are already programmed in it so you can just scroll through your contacts and call us anytime. Oh and," Jessica said as she pointed something at the phone. "Since you are under the Jung-Seo deal right now and technically, you're not allowed to go back until the heir thingy, this phone also works as a GPS device in case you run."

Seohyun knew she had no choice but what surprised her—well, not really—was that Jessica was explaining everything with a grin on her face. Even the whole GPS tracking device thing, she was showing how it would work and stuff with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter