Meet Jessica!

A TRADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7
Meet Jessica!

 

"We were a bit clumsy today, Jaesuk. Sorry." Yonghwa gave a chuckle while Seohyun just buried herself deeper into the towels.

" YONGHWAAAAAA! I missed you!" a loud woman suddenly came from the living room and ran towards them, bringing the still-wet Yonghwa into a big hug.

And Seohyun wondered who the mystery girl is.

But she looked oddly familiar though. Now where did I see her before?

The lady who was currently hugging Yonghwa to no end had long blond hair and had brown eyes as well. She was a tall one.

The heiress could only blink at the ridiculous scene in front of her and not really wanting to disturb, but she accidentally let out a sneeze, causing the two to look at her.

"Oh, excuse me," Seohyun said. The tall, mystery brunette released Yonghwa from her hold and walked towards Seohyun, leaning down a bit to meet her eye level despite the situation she was in—with towels covering her and all. "Uh, yes?" She asked meekly.

The brunette lady just stared at Seohyun for a few seconds until the black-haired girl was the one who was trapped in her hug this time.

"You are so cute! You must be Seohyun, right? Oh, Uncle Hyunseung didn't make a mistake in choosing you as Yonghwa's wife! You are just so cute!" the tall lady shrieked while hugging Seohyun, tighter with every sentence she says.

The people in the background could only sweatdrop at the scene in front of them and Yonghwa knew he already had to stop this madness.

"Oy, Jessica, will you please stop torturing Joohyun," Yonghwa said, grabbing hold of the girl named Jessica from the backside and tried to pull her away from the Seo princess.

Jessica pulled away as he said but she still stood in front of Seohyun, this time with a teasing smile, "Eh? So you guys are now in first-name basis, huh? Tell me, did the big bad wolf force you to do this?"

"Big bad wolf?" Seohyun smiled nervously.

"Jessica!" Yonghwa warned sternly.

Jessica gave out a nervous laugh and stood up straight. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Ms. Seo. I'm Jessica Jung, Yonghwa's cousin." She introduced herself.

Seohyun nodded. "Nice to meet you too, Ms. Jung." And that's when she remembered where she first saw the lady, "Um… Are you the one who were interviewed on television the other day?" She asked.

Jessica nodded. "Uncle Hyunseung asked me to do so for the sake of my cute little cousin right here. I had to pay a huge amount to great photo professionals to make your photos look as realistic as possible." She grinned. "Oh, and please I don't like to be called Ms. Jung, I feel so old! I'm only 24 years old, you know. So please, call me Jessica instead."

Eh? She's already 24? Seohyun could only smile at her and agreed, "Okay. Jessica then,"

Jessica couldn't help it once again and grabbed poor Seohyun in her arms again. "You are just so adorable! May I call you Seohyun? I'm pretty sure we could be great friends and I'll protect you from the big bad wolf over there." She said, obviously referring to the handsome man behind them.

"Oh, okay," Seohyun said but it was interrupted by another sneeze. Jessica pulled away once more and asked, "And why are you two both wet? Yonghwa! What did you do to my adorable Seohyun?" she gave a teasing glare to her cousin.

Yonghwa stared at her plainly. "And since when was she is yours, Jessica? You should already let her go; she's bound to get sick if she doesn't change soon." He said and motioned for one of the maids to assist Seohyun. "It's already getting late; we should head to bed soon too." He added.

"You should take a shower too, Yonghwa." Seohyun suggested as she already took a few steps to the stairs.

"You're right." Yonghwa agreed and walked upstairs as well.

"I'll see you in the morning, Seohyun! We're going to have fun tomorrow, okay?" Jessica waved from downstairs with a big smile. The heiress gave her a smile and disappeared into her room.

"Say, Jaesuk," Jessica called when they were the only ones left in the foyer.

"Yes, Ms. Jessica?" Jaesuk said.

"I like Seohyun better than her. What do you think?" the brunette said, with suddenly a serious tone in her voice.

"We share the same opinions, Miss. But I don't think whatever we say to young master would make it change his mind."

"Nope," Jessica grinned. "I don't think we need to tell him anything before he realizes it for himself. I mean really, disappearing the whole day with a girl you just met days ago, and she's supposedly engaged to you, is not really a normal thing—especially now that he got home with her dripping wet. I think he's bound to have a change of heart, someday."

"I suppose you're right," Jaesuk agreed.

"And when that happens, Seohyun will be able to be my cousin-in-law forever and ever and it's going to be so much fun!" Jessica's swooning only made Jaesuk sweatdrop at her crazy antics. "Well, I'm going to bed. I forgot to tell Yonghwa that I'm going to stay for a few days until their wedding. I'll just tell him tomorrow then. Good night, Jaesuk!" She said and ran up to a vacant room she usually occupies when she visits the Jung mansion.

 

 

Seohyun breathed heavily as she leaned against the edge of her tub, her mind occupied with the events that happened to her just awhile ago. She frowned when she recalled meeting her friends at the tea shop and mentioned her mother, allowing her to rethink what she's going to do when she meets her in person. She's bound to see her at her wedding, so what is she going to say to her when they meet again?

Ugh! Seohyun grunted and splashed some water on her face. The splash suddenly made her remember the incidents she and Yonghwa had at the beach, this made her blush once more and she covered her face with her palms and sighed.

"What were you doing back there, Seohyun? What about the whole indifference thing you agreed to yourself and the whole not falling in love with Yonghwa? You were obviously flirting with him!" she scolded herself.

But he said he wants to be friends with you. Her mind countered.

"I won't really consider that thing just friendship,"

Then maybe that's a good thing.

"No, it's not! I've already decided that I will leave after our deal is done."

He did say that you might change your mind about that, and that already meant something.

"No, it didn't mean anything. He was just obviously teasing me."

Maybe, maybe not; maybe he said that because he knows he's going to be lonely if you left after that.

"That's impossible!"

Seohyun had enough arguing with her conscience and so she buried her whole body and face under the tub and let out a few bubbles while underwater. She rose up once more, giving a few last rinses to the soap that was covering her body.

Once she was through, she got out of the tub, dried herself with the fresh towels present, covered herself with the robe and got outside the bathroom. She took a random nightgown from the closet and let herself fall asleep on the big, comfy bed.

 

 

Yonghwa let out a yawn and stretched out his arms while walking downstairs to the dining hall for breakfast. He was still wearing his pyjama pants and t-shirt. He stepped lazily and rubbed his eyes as he walked down the familiar steps and managed to arrive at the hall safely.

"Good morning, Yonghwa!" the loud greeting was enough to snap him awake and gape at the brunette who was currently sitting beside Seohyun at the table.

"Jessica, what are you doing here?" he asked as he walked towards his usual seat.

"That's so mean of you dear cousin, I just forgot to tell you last night that I'm going to be staying here for a couple of days." Jessica said as she took a bite of her pancakes gleefully.

Yonghwa sighed; that would mean the peace around the mansion would be disrupted once more.

"Good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter