Surprise, surprise!

A TRADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4
Surprise, surprise!

 

Seohyun's eyes opened. She looked at her surroundings and noticed that she was still outside the house and in the garden, sitting underneath the big tree. She rubbed her eyes and realized what just happened.

"It was…just a dream?" though the idea of it made her a bit disappointed. She looked up towards the sky and noticed that even the rain was just part of her dream, there were no traces of raindrops of water around her so she never really rushed inside the house and into Yonghwa's office.

But, Seohyun thought and put her fingers on top of her lips, why does it feel so real? A faint sensation can still be felt on her lips but, it can't possibly be true right? Besides, she and Yonghwa haven't been that close yet so it's quite impossible that he did really kiss her. If he really did kiss her, then he would've…stolen her first ever kiss.

Suddenly, rain drops started to fall from the sky which made the heiress stand up, dust her skirt off and run inside the mansion all the while being slowly soaked under the rain. She sighed in relief after finally being under shelter. She looked at herself and saw her hair and dress were already wet and so were her feet. She didn't want to make a mess around the mansion so she walked towards the nearest room she could find.

And it suddenly felt like déjà vu.

The first room she entered was indeed Yonghwa's office.

Everything was the same: the fireplace wasn't lit, the curtains were drawn revealing the dark skies and rain outside and Yonghwa was sleeping on his couch.

This has got to be a joke, right? Seohyun shook her head and just laughed off the familiar scene in front of her. As if the dark-haired man would really wake up and kiss her, right? She walked towards the couch and gave a small giggle at the sight of Yonghwa's sleeping face.

He looks like he was very tired and needed so much sleep.

Seohyun’s eyes wandered across the man in front of her and knelt down next to him. Her eyes landed at the hands of the Jung heir and noticed a familiar book in the hands of the sleeping man.

The Picture of Dorian Gray, what a classic!—A story of a man envious of his own portrait and wished that it was the one that grew old instead and not his body. She smiled; she loved that story and recalled the tragedy that happened between Dorian Gray and Sybil Vane. That was when Seohyun looked around and noticed the room was filled with big bookshelves containing different kinds of books including such classic literatures. He might've been reading the book until he fell asleep. At least he has something to do around here when he's bored. Maybe she could borrow a few books so she can have something to do as well?

The heiress smiled at that thought. She'll just talk to Yonghwa about it sometime later then. He was indeed a great-looking guy, that Yonghwa. A fair skin almost similar to hers, his black hair that looked y and at the same time classy, and his  eyes when he looks at her: it held fierceness and mystery, but it captivated her so much every time he stares at hers.

Her eyes continued to study his whole being. Even through the thin white shirt he was wearing, she could see that Eriol makes time to work out. His chest looked toned and his arms had muscles and Seohyun wondered, what would it feel like to be trapped between his arms? This made the black-haired beauty blush. What the hell was she thinking?

But, her mind said, he has to hug you or touch you with those arms. You need to provide an heir for their family and that heir requires some action—even more than just hugging. Her cheeks became hotter, she knew what giving a child meant and the things she and Yonghwa need to do to get her pregnant. Silly Seohyun! And she suddenly remembered the weird feeling of having someone kiss her lips. Could it be?

Seohyun shook her head. Yonghwa was sleeping all this time on his couch so how could he have kissed her outside? She smiled at her silliness.

How long has she been staring at him? She never knew, but she did realize that she has been staring at him for quite a while because the eyes of the handsome man in front of her slowly started to open, surprised to see Seohyun's eyes watching him.

"Miss… Seohyun …?" Seohyun blinked. Oh right, that's my name. She gasped. He caught her! He caught her staring at him! She quickly stood up from her position and turned her back to him, hiding her flushed cheeks due to embarrassment.

"Are you okay, Ms. Seohyun?" the newly awakened man asked after stretching and wondered what the lady was doing in his office. He suddenly noticed his carpet was a bit damp and so was Seohyun's hair and clothed body as well. "Why are you so wet?" he asked.

And that's when Seohyun remembered why she entered the room in the first place. She was looking for towels to dry her up. "Oh, um…I got drenched under the rain you see, and I was looking for towels or anything that could dry me up." She managed to explain but her back was still turned to him.

"Oh, is that so? You could've just waken me up and ask for it. You didn't have to wait for me to wake up." Yonghwa gave a small chuckle and went towards the small bathroom inside the room and grabbed a towel.

Her cheeks flushed more at his comment. It was embarrassing that he really caught her staring at him.

A thick, soft cloth suddenly landed on her head and Yonghwa  walked towards her and handed her another towel. "Here," he said.

"T-Thank you," she managed to say and accepted the offered cloths.

"So," Yonghwa started as he leaned against one of the desks in the room. "Would you like to tell me what you were doing outside?" he tried to make a conversation.

Seohyun walked near him while drying herself up and answered, "I was just going around the place and found it rather dashing to have such a beautiful garden outside. I didn't even realize that I fell asleep under the tree."

"Oh? Did you have a nice dream then?" he asked curiously.

"I…" Seohyun stopped and felt heat rising up to her cheeks once more. She couldn't really tell him her dream could she? "I…I forgot…" She excused. This just earned her a hearty laugh from the man.

"From the looks on your face, I could say it was a pleasant one." He commented.

"I wouldn't know, it was my first kiss," she mumbled until she realized what she just said. Hopefully, he didn't hear it! It would be another embarrassment for her if he knew she has never been kissed yet.

"What did you say?" Thank God, he didn't hear!

"N-Nothing!" Seohyun waved it off. As she was walking towards him, a familiar fancy letter caught her eyes on the desk Yonghwa was leaning on. "What is that?" She asked, and made a move to grab the letter and leaned on the desk as well.

Yonghwa just made a smile and watched her open the fancy folded letter in her hands.

"May I?" Seohyun asked and the man just nodded.

And it felt like her dream once again.

It was her—no, their—wedding invitation.

And this time, it was real.

"I told you it's part of the deal," she heard him say. Seohyun gulped. She really was going to be married to the Jung family.

The heiress turned to Yonghwa. And just like in her dream, he was close to her: very close actually, their noses nearly touching.

"Yonghwa…" She whispered. She could already feel his breath against her.

Would he kiss me just like in my dream?

She could already feel her heart beat ring in her ears. Why is she feeling so nervous? She never felt like this for any man before. She tried to ready herself for what may happen, but is she really ready if ever Yonghwa did kiss her?

But a knock from the door broke the atmosphere they just had and pulled them back to reality.

"Who is it?" called Yonghwa walking away from the heiress while the latter just looked at the floor. She could still feel her heart beating fast from the moment they just had.

The door opened, revealing Jaesuk to call them for lunch.

"Young master Yonghwa," the butler said and noticed that Seohyun was present in the room as well but with towels around her. "Ah, you're here too, Ms. Seo, lunch is already ready at the dining hall. Ms. Seo, would you like to change clothes first?" he asked noticing the dilemma she was currently in.

A quick a-choo from the heiress already answered his question.

"Ah, Sena!" It was a good thing the maid was pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter