nine

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you would be alright talking to Junhee alone?” Luhua asked for the umpteenth time, “I can accompany you.”

Yifan merely smiled, “It’s okay, Lu. I can handle this myself.” He said calmly to assure his sister, “Can you drive home though? Or would you like me to drive you to home first?”

“Wu Yifan, I am pregnant, not invalid.” Luhua glared, “You are more and more like Minseok, always worrying about little things. I can still drive myself.”

Yifan grinned, stubbornness really run on their blood, “Alright then, drive safe. I will see you at home.”

“You... are coming home, right?” Luhua still unsure, looking at him concernedly, “I mean, you won’t suddenly disappear-”

“I won’t.” Yifan promised, “I will go back as soon as I finish my business.”

Finally convinced, Luhua nodded, “I don’t know if you need it, but... good luck.”

Yifan waited until he couldn’t see his sister anymore before making his way to the building he’d grown fond of this couple of weeks. Every trace of his family was here.

Jongin and Jongdae running around the hall playing tags. Junhee’s smiles and warm embrace. The laughs filling the apartment. Would he ever be able to forget everything here?

The elevator finally arrived at their floor, and Yifan was brought back to reality. He had to face the long due talk with Junhee right now.

---

”Junhee, don’t talk rashly. Think about it once again.” Yixing said, gone was his haughty act earlier.

“I have thought it over for few times, Xing. And this is my final decision. I hope you understand.” Junhee said as calmly as she could while trying to get away from Yixing’s strong grip.

“It’s because Yifan, isn’t it?” Yixing gritted through his teeth, “And you said you won’t go back to him.”

“It’s not because of him!” Junhee sighed, frustrated, “I don’t even know you anymore, Xing! You have changed! You are not the one that I fell in love with, the sweet and caring man you used to be!”

“It’s because I love you, Junhee-yah,” Yixing pleaded, “I will do everything for you.”

“And I love you too, Xing, but I think this is the best decision for both of us.”

“Bull! You just want to go back to Yifan, don’t you?”

“You won’t hear me out no matter what I say. You only hear what you want to hear, Yixing.”

“Yes, you are right. And I will get what I want and you belong to me.”

Junhee wasn’t ready when Yixing gripped both of her hands and pinned her against the wall.

“Yixing, stop it!” She struggled helplessly as Yixing gripped both of her wrists above her head while he tried to open her blouse with his free hand.

“You belong to me and nothing will change that!”

“Not a chance!” And within a blink of an eye, Yixing was sent flying across the room.

“Chanyeol!”

“Unnie, are you okay?” Baekhee hurriedly helped Junhee who was in the state of shock and helped her to get out from that room.

“You,” Chanyeol pointed at Yixing who was stumbling to get up, “Don’t ever think to come to Junhee noona again, or you will face my wrath.”

With that, three of them left the room.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Baekhee asked, concerned that Junhee was silent throughout the ride to her apartment.

“I’m okay. Thank you Chanyeol-ah, Baekhee.” She flashed the small smile Baekhee who was sitting next to her and Chanyeol who was driving through the rear mirror.

“That’s good to hear, Noona. I am worried that we might be too late.” Chanyeol said glumly.

“No, you are very much on time. Thank you.” Junhee said, “How did you know I was in Yixing’s office? It is my day off today.”

Baekhee sighed, “Minseok oppa called me. He said that you might be in trouble with Yixing and asked me to keep an eye of you. We tried not to disturb you but...” She glanced warily, didn’t want to say much about the horrible thing was about to happen to Junhee.

“Thank you, Baekhee-ah. I don’t know what would happen without you.”

Three of them drove in silence; each was busy with their own thought.

“Are you... okay being alone in your home, Unnie? What if Yixing oppa comes again?” Baekhee eyed her cousin with concern.

“It won’t happen again. I will talk to security not to let him in.” Junhee said, “But, do you mind if Jongin and Jongdae sleep in your house for tonight? I don’t think I am in great condition to-”

“Of course not, Noona. The boys are safe with us.”

“Yes, Unnie, don’t worry.” Baekhee said, assuring, “Besides, Chanyeol has to train to become a father.”

Junhee whipped her head so fast upon hearing that, “Omo, Baek, is that true?”

The couple only gave her shy smile. Junhee suddenly felt bad for being selfish and eventually forgotten to care about her only cousin.

“It’s okay, Unnie. You have much on your hand.” Baekhee said in understanding, “Now, go home and have a good sleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter