six

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yifan didn’t look back when he left Junhee’s office. He made his way to Baekhee’s office where the boys were making a mess of. He knocked on her door to meet Chanyeol, whom was fortunately clever enough not to question his red eyes.

“Appa! Look, Baekhee Imo is teaching us how to draw! This is my teddy bear!” Jongin was the first one to realize Yifan’s presence, grinning proudly at him while bringing the piece of paper of his masterpiece.

“That’s good, Jongin-ah.” Yifan choked, ruffling his fluffy hair, making the boy giggled. His boys were the strength that he needed. But now if Junhee was getting married, could he even meet his boys?

 “Appa? Did you cry?” The more perceptive one, Jongdae realized Yifan’s red eyes. “Are you hurt?” He panickedly checked his Appa, and Yifan, seeing his worried expression, gathered him into his arm with Jongin.

“No. Appa is not hurt. And Appa don’t cry. A man shouldn’t cry, you know.” He tried hard not to shed tears in front of his sons. But he let them stream once he held them close.

Wu Yifan was once the man with everything. But with one mistake, he was left with nothing.

---

“Fan? What are you doing here?”

From the look of Yifan’s eyes, Luhua knew that her worst nightmare was coming. Yifan came into her house, with swollen eyes, red nose and the look of a broken hearted man.

“Lu, what did I do? What have I do to ruin my family? What should I do to remove the past?”

And Luhua could only hold her brother throughout the ramblings and broken sobs with Minseok patiently offering his sympathy to his brother-in-law.

“What was actually happen, Lu?” Yifan asked, genuinely curious. Luhua exchanged glances with Minseok.

“Are you really sure you want to know now?” She asked and Yifan could only give her an empty laugh.

“After whole ordeal that I experienced today, I think it’s only fair if I know the cause.”

Minseok nodded, “I will bring the collage.”

Then Minseok brought over the full stack of newspaper, archived nicely, all about Yifan’s news. Yifan recognized some of them. Articles of his hot debut with weekly drama, when he first received his first award, the twins’ birth articles, his first movie, and the next one made him stopped in his tracks.

Wu Yifan caught in the hotel with co-star, Jessica Jung?

The headline was printed in big black ink, on the first page of the day paper with pictures of him and Jessica at the hotel room together in the middle of the night.

From the hotel’s insider, Dispatch has found out that the hottest rising star, Wu Yifan, whom also a father of two sons from his marriage to a chaebol daughter, Kim Junhee, shared the same room with Jessica Jung, the newcomer of the industry and both of them didn’t leave the hotel until mid day. We are still waiting for the confirmation from both sides.

[+4324, -34] Wu Yifan, out!
[+1234, -22] His wife is really pretty, isn’t she? How unlucky she was to have him as a husband.
[+1011, -322] Heol, I was really shocked, I thought Wu Yifan is really a good family man. I remembered his award speech ceremony thanking his wife and sons, turns out it is an act. Such a good actor kekeke. Farewell, Wu Yifan.
[+871, 0] I feel bad for Jongdae and Jongin. Boys, be happy with your Mom
[+231, -455] Don’t you feel strange seeing this picture? It seemed staged to me.
                ^ [+768, -221] Keep dreaming, delusional fangirls.

Yifan stopped reading after that, quickly closed the book with pounding head.

“Is it true?” He asked.

“I also don’t know. Your road manager told me that you went to have a drink with the filming staffs that day and yeah – happens after that.” Luhua stated.

“Do you able to recall that night?” Minseok asked, cautiously. But Yifan only shook his head tiredly, frustrated.

“Why I couldn’t remember anything?! Is this really a punishment for me?!” He then started to hit his head only to be stopped by the crying Luhua and the concerned Minseok.

“Why did I become such a horrible person before, Jie?” He slumped tiredly on the sofa, crying his heart out for the loss of his love ones.

And Luhua didn’t know what to do to soothe his broken heart.

---

A knock on her door made Junhee startled, she opened the door to find Baekhee and Chanyeol with her sons in their arms. Both of them looked at her with concern and the twins frowned once they saw their mother’s face.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter