seven

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Good mo-wait Jun!” Yixing quickly put his foot in between the door to stop Junhee slamming the door in front of his face.

“What do you want, Xing? It’s my day off today.” She replied, rolling her eyes in annoyance. Truthfully, she wasn’t in the mood speaking to him after the incident.

“I know it’s your day off, but I don’t think it matters if I want to meet my fiancée.” He smiled sweetly.

“I’m busy. I’m preparing for the twins breakfast.”

“I brought something that the children would love.” He said, swiftly entering Junhee’s apartment and without she knew, already making his way to the kitchen. “Nini, Uncle brought your favourite chicken sandwich.”

The twins were hudled on the sofa, three of them spent the night in front of the TV, rewatching all the cartoon series the twins loved so much and Junhee just didn’t want to sleep alone that night, as strange as it was. It felt weird not to see Yifan in the house, moreover in their room. So she opted to have a pyjama party with her children until late night.

The boys were now up, thanks to Yixing’s voice.

“Uncle!” Jongin ran into his arms but Jongdae’s steps halted once he saw Yixing.

“You are not Papa.” He mumbled into himself before pouting. “You are not my Papa.” Jongdae suddenly cried hard upon seeing Yixing, who didn’t know how to handle him since he refused to be carried by the man.

It took half an hour until Junhee was able to calm him but until the end, he refused Yixing’s touch, the man finally gave up to persuade Jongdae but he insisted to drive them off to their kindergarten. After dropping off the children, Yixing brought them to the nearest coffee shop. Junhee wasn’t in the mood to drink coffee but out of politeness, she accepted nevertheless.

“Thanks for the ride, Xing.” Junhee politely thanked him. “You should go now, or you’d be late to the office. You can drop me off here, I’ll take taxi.”

“Actually, I want to talk to you privately about yesterday.” Yixing sighed. “I admit, what I did was childish. But I didn’t want to lose you,” He grabbed her hand.

“You shouldn’t do that.”

“I know, but I’m afraid you will choose him over me.” He sighed.

“I won’t, but I have been thinking,” she said carefully, he waited for her response “I think it’s better if we postpone the wedding.”

“Hell no!” Yixing stood up abruptly, making her startled and people glanced to their table to see what’s the commotion. “You said you won’t choose him.”

“I won’t but to be honest, if we go through our original plan, it wouldn’t be very ideal since I haven’t meet your parents again to finalize the plan.”

“My parents wouldn’t mind, Jun.” He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling frustrated. “Listen, I have been with you, through the ups and downs of your life for the past two years. And now you want me to wait a little bit longer, just because Wu Yifan re-enter your life?”

“No, Kim Junhee. I wouldn’t allow it.”

---

Junhee sighed for the umpteenth time today. After the frustrating coffee time she had with Yixing earlier this morning, she thought she had to get out from the house to refresh her mind. And here she was, reading the ingredients information at the back of every product she could find in the supermarket. Strange, but it took her mind off Yifan and Yixing, so it was effective.

“Kim Junhee?”

Junhee was choosing the new cereal for the twins when someone called her. She turned back to find she was face to face with Jessica Jung, the devil incarnate herself. The woman had the nerve to smile at her and being raised at the polite hous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter