four

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey." 

Junhee jumped on her seat when she noticed Yixing's head popped from behind the door. Her past conversation with Baekhee was on repeat on her mind the whole day, distracting her from work. It's a good thing nothing urgent today.

"Oh my God, Xing! You are scarring me." 

"Sorry," he gave her a sheepish smile before settling himself on the chair in front of her.
"I brought us lunch." 

Junhee warmed at the thoughtful action. 
"Thank you." She gave him a sincere smile.

"No worries. You seemed tired." He said, preparing the takeouts and setting them into her table, "Did he give you a hard time?" 

Junhee knew he was talking about Yifan, Yixing never wanted to mention his name whenever they were together and for her, it was vice versa. She wouldn't ruin the future she had with Yixing by dragging Yifan into the picture.

"Well?" He asked, lifting his eyebrow slightly as if waiting for her answer.

"Nope. Nothing. He is close with the children and that's all matters." Junhee replied, albeit with tense tone, hoping that Yixing didn't realise it.

"And you? What about you?" 

"He... he is good to me." Almost too good to be true, to be honest, but Junhee wasn't out of her mind to say that. 

Yixing stared at her, trying to figure out her expression, but when he found nothing she hide, he continued to eat.

"That's good."

"Yeah." 

Sometimes, Junhee wondered, how her relationship with Yixing turned out to be this way. He was a mere colleague before, someone that she had never noticed when she was with Yifan. When her relationship with Yifan wasn't such a mess. Maybe because Yixing was there whenever she needed him, he became her anchor and the shoulder to cry to when her relationship turned rocky.

"Is there something on my face?" Yixing grinned when he caught her staring at him, "Am I handsome today?" 

Junhee laughed at the absurdity of the question, snorted before replying, "Of course you are, silly. I wouldn't date you if you weren't handsome."

He faked a hurt expression, "So it's all because of my appearance. What if I grow old and all wrinkly, would you still love me?" 

Junhee was stunned with the question, but she replied with one thing that crossed on her mind.
"Of course, I will love you."
---

"Fanfan!" 

"Can't breathe, Lu! Your stomach is pushing me."

His sister playfully punched him in the chest, pouting and putting her scary face. 

"You meanie! I know that my stomach is bigger now, but my baby is here. She might feel hurt to be bullied by her uncle." 

"She? Have you check the gender?" 

"Not yet," Luhua replied, "But my motherly instinct said that the baby is a girl."

Yifan chuckled at that. Luhua looked so happy and glowing with pregnancy, Minseok definitely had done a great job taking care of her. 

"Now what can I do to help my baby brother?" 

"How did you know that I need help?"

"Let's say... my sisterly instinct?" She grinned cheekily. 

"Your instinct is surely awesome." Yifan chuckled before setting down to an even more comfortable position. It's going to be a long talk. 

"I feel that I wasn't supposed to stay at home." 

Luhua tensed up, "What do you mean?" 

"I get this feeling that Junhee is avoiding me. She doesn't want to sleep with me and clearly uncomfortable with me around her." He sighed tiredly, "It's like I make a terrible mistake towards her but I don't know what. I can't remember anything." He said, frustration clearly etched on his face.

"Do you know anything about this, Lu?" 

Luhua sighed, "Just because I am your sister and Junhee's best friend doesn't mean I know every detail of your marriage. There's some part that you don't tell me and Junhee doesn't either." 

Lies, of course she knew. Heck even the whole Korea knew about his scandal with Jessica Jung. It was plastered on the front page in every newspaper during that period. But Luhua didn't have heart to let him know in his such fragile state. 

Yifan slumped tiredly on the couch, making her heart ached for her brother. 

"If there is something that I can help you with is a suggestion to move on from the past. You can't change the past whether you can remember it or not, but you can change the future. Treat her well, no, treat her the best that you can, I am sure she will change." 

Well, at least it was she had hoped for.

---

“Papa!” Jongdae’s little legs ran as fast as he could when he spotted his papa in front of his school gate.

“Hyung, wait for Nini!” He stopped in his tracks, realizing that he had left his twins behind and turned around to fetch Jongin who was pouting since he thought that his Dyanie hyung left him.

“Let’s go together.” Jongdae patted his brother’s head, it made Jongin smiled again and together they ran to Yifan.

“Papa!”

“Boys.” Yifan kneeled once the boys reached him, nuzzling his nose to their chubby cheeks, holding them close in his arms. At least, he still had the boys.

“Papa, I miss you.” Jongdae softly murmured which made Yifan giggled.

“Papa misses you too, Dyani.”

“Nini too. Nini too.” Jongin added, not wanting to be excluded of the conversation.

“Is that why Papa pick us up today? Because you miss Nini and Dyani?” Jongdae asked while Yifan led them into his car

“Of course. Papa always misses you whenever Papa is away from you.”

“But Papa had left us once.” Jongdae’s soft voice almost gone unnoticed by Yifan.

“I did?”

“Yes, but what is more important that Papa came back. Papa won’t leave us again, right?” Jongdae was looking at him expectantly and Yifan knew, something bad happened in his family. And he would be damned to let that happen twice.

“Of course not. I will always stay by your side.”

---

“Mama loves sushi.” Jongdae informed him when Yifan told them that he was going to make a surpri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter