eight

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Junhee?”

Yixing was all smiles when he saw Junhee coming into his office, stood up to greet her with a hug but his smiles disappeared quickly when he noticed the rage written on her face.

“Is there something wrong, Junhee?”

“Oh yes there is.” Junhee stopped in front of his face, pushing a piece of paper into his chest. “Explain this.” She said with cold voice.

Yixing noticed that it was their wedding invitation, the one he sent it to Yifan.

“Why did you send it to Yifan?” Junhee asked, not bothering to conceal her rage.

Yixing sighed in defeat, how did Junhee find out about this anyway?

“Explain to me, Yixing.”

“Alright, yes. I’ll confess. I’m the one who sent the invitation to them.” He tried to mask his nervous tone with an indifferent expression. “I thought it is only proper to invite them to our wedding. They are also your extended family, after all.”

Junhee squinted her eyes, Yixing was a smooth talker, she knew. But she couldn’t believe that he also the sly one.

“Yixing,” She sighed, “Are you implying that I am that stupid to believe in your lies?”

“You didn’t send the invitation for Minseok or Luhua. You sent it specifically to Yifan, I recognize the hanzi.”

“And you purposely sending them the invitation in Chinese, knowing that only Yifan is able to read Chinese hanzi, or at least, better than Luhua.”

---

“So, you woke me up early in the morning just to go to Mom’s grave. You aren’t planning suicide, are you?” Luhua tried to lift the mood while also asking him carefully.

Yifan broke into a small smile, “No, I’m definitely not in suicide mission. I wouldn’t bring a pregnant woman if I am into the suicide mission.” He said briefly as if he wasn’t saying something so serious.

“Then why do you want to go to Mom’s grave?” She asked. Both of them were sitting on the mat, facing their mother’s tomb while enjoying a glass of soju, or in Luhua’s case, apple juice since she couldn’t have alcohol.

“Because it might be my last time visiting Mom. Aw, Lu! Why do you hit me?”

“Why did you say that this is your last time? I don’t want to hear you saying something like that!” She punched his arm once again.

“It’s because I am planning to leave Korea, Lu.”

“Huh?”

Yifan looked so broken when he turned to Luhua, “I have no reason to stay here. Junhee has already had Yixing and I am sure that Yixing loves my boys too. I won’t be needed any longer.”

“What do you mean you won’t be needed?” Luhua tried so hard not to break into tears, her brother had gone through so much. Did he not deserve to get a little bit happiness in his life? “I will always need you.”

“You already have Minseok hyung to take care of you.” Yifan smiled before hugging his sister close, ”And I promise you won’t lose me. You can always contact me.”

“Do you really have to go?”

Luhua felt him taking a deep breath full of regret, “I do.” He was resolute with his decision.

“Where?”

“My agency was contacted by a Chinese entertainment company. It’s a big one,” Yifan stopped a little while, “They plan to make a daily drama for the national TV and I was asked to audition for a role. I did, a while before I got my accident. And today they called back, I got the role.”

“So after the drama ends, you will come back, right?”

“You know how Chinese drama works, right? It might take hundred episodes to finish.” Luhua looked up when she heard him stuttered, “And I hope, by the time it is finished, my heart also has healed.”

Luhua knew it was the best for Yifan, eventhough it was clear he was hurt so bad with the decision.

“Then, you will always have me and Minseok here when you come back.”

---

“Why did you send this to Yifan?” Junhee’s voice quiver with rage, she couldn’t believe the nerve of this man and it came to her mind briefly, who was this guy she was going to marry?

“I told you, it would be inappropriate not to invite your ex-husband family.” Yixing looked strangely calm by this strange of events.

“You... you want to hurt him, don’t you?” Yixing was visibly blanched but he was quickly masked his expression. Too bad Junhee knew him too well.

“Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter