three

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?" Minseok asked once he found her wife was sitting in front of the TV with phone in her hand instead of sleeping.

"Yifan hasn't contacted me. I'm worried."

He sighed tiredly before sitting down beside her and gathered her in his embrace, "You know Junhee wouldn't hurt Yifan, right? So you don't have to worry about it." Minseok murmured, patting Luhua's hair fondly.

"I know. It's just - It's just I'm taking too much risk, you know?"

"By asking her to take care of Yifan?" He asked; Luhua nodded hesitantly. "I'm surprised that she agreed, to be honest. But I'm grateful that she agreed, so you can focus on this little one." He rubbed her still flat stomach. Luhua was still in her early pregnancy after all.

"Actually, I'm afraid that this might turn out for worst." She turned to face Minseok, "Tell me, Minseok-ah. That I did the right thing."

"To be honest, I don't know either. But let's hope for the best. For Yifan, for Junhee and of course for the twins."


---
Junhee woke up startled after couldn't find her sons sleeping beside her. But before she freaked out, she heard children's giggles outside the room and a man's voice in between.

That's right. Yifan was here.

She was met with three pairs of eyes that looking at her with amusement.

"Mama is late." Jongdae grinned mischievously while Jongin was giggling beside him. The children had already been seated on their high chair.

Junhee leaned down to drop a kiss on the children's forehead, "Good morning." The children chorused with good mornings.

She was about to sit beside Jongdae when her oldest grabbed her shirt sleeve, stopping her.

"Mama, you haven't greeted Papa a good morning." He chided that made Junhee frowned while Yifan laughed.

"That's good, Jongdae-yah!" Yifan praised and Jongdae smiled even wider with pride.

"Greet Papa, Mama!" Jongin joined, clapping his hands excitedly.

"Morning." She said curtly.

"No morning kisses for me?" Yifan had the nerve to grin at her and Junhee had to stop herself for wanting to slap that smug face of his.

"Kiss Papa!" Jongdae's shout made he grinned even wider.

"See? The kids know better. Let's be a good example for them."

Junhee was about to retort, that he was the one that wasn't a good example for the kids but seeing the hopeful faces of her children made her stop. She sighed tiredly before motioning to Yifan to come over. He moved quickly to her side, stumbling when his long legs tripped over by the table.

She grabbed the sides of his face, ignoring the irrational side of her that making her heart started to beat faster than before, examining the face that had been forgotten these past few months and yet easily crept back to her life.

The way his eyes crinkled beautifully when he grinned, the silly gummy smiles of his. All made her heart ache and happy at the same time. Ignoring further thought, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter