one

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything went too fast for Yifan these couple of days. Suddenly he was a father of two three years old. The last thing he remembered about Jongin and Jongdae was when both of them had e year old. He bit back a smile, looking at the photo of the family of four taken during the ceremony was still there, inside his wallet. Both Junhee and him were smiling widely while holding the twins. He still remembered Jongin picked up a ballerina shoe while Jongdae a mic during the ceremony.

"How are they now?" He asked, looking at the photo fondly.

"You are going to see them yourself." Luhua said. She had been looking at Yifan and to be honest, she didn't know that he still had that photo. It was before the storm hit their marriage. 

"Why Junhee didn't pick me up?" 

"She said she had to take care a couple of things in the office." Minseok replied instead from the driver's seat.

"Still busy as ever." Yifan sighed, tiredly.

"You must understand, Fan. She is now the finance director for her family business; she has more responsibilities to do."  Luhua replied, "And I'm sure she needs to prepare for you going back home." 

"Yeah, it just... she rarely visits me in the hospital. But I understand if she is busy." Yifan muttered. He missed the way the couple exchanged worried glances towards each other.

 

Junhee knew it was a bad idea to accept Yifan into her apartment again and pretended that the divorce never happened, but it was slightly better than telling Yixing about this. 

"No way." The man deadpanned. He stormed into her house when he heard it from Chanyeol. Damn Baekhee and her equally big mouthed husband.

"Xing, please understand. It's only one month. We hope that he regained his memory in short time." She pleaded, trying to do her best to persuade Yixing.

It wasn't that she didn't understand his feeling. Who would let his fiancee living together with her ex husband when they were getting married within one month? Even the kind man like Yixing wouldn't even do it.

"What if he never regains his memory back? Will you be coming back to him?" 

"I will tell him then. I won't get back to Yifan, I swear to you."

“Promise me?”

“I promise.”

 

Minseok dropped him off in front of Junhee’s apartment building, Yifan refused to be sent off by the couple.

“I can do it myself, don’t worry.” He sent them a reassuring smile but of course Luhua, being the worrywart she was, looking at him uncertain.

“Take care, Fan and remember you can always call us if something happens.” She said finally after Yifan had assured her than he was going to be fine. He didn’t understand why his sister was over reacting like this when all he was going to do was going back to his own home.

The couple finally drove off, leaving him alone walking to the building. His mind might have forgotten some things but his body didn’t, walking though the corridor like he had always gone back to the building. It was where he belonged to anyway.

He was going to enter the lift when a man stepped out from the lift. Being polite man that he was raised into, he stepped awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter