CHAPTER 5: The Fifth Letter

A letter you'll never read

Dear Nayeon,

 

Why did you leave me?

It’s been a year since Nayeon left. Without saying anything, after saying she love me. Her mother told me, she left for United States. She told me, Nayeon  didn’t want to give me her number. In the end, she gave me her address so that I could send her letters.

I wrote everyday.

I wrote everynight.

Nayeon, how are you? Are you well?

Nayeon, it’s been a 3 months, how are you?

Nayeon, it’s cold in here, is it alright there?

Nayeon, I miss you.

Nayeon, come back.

 

I just sat there and cry and continue to write until all my finger bleed.

Never minding the fact that they were just letters you'll never read.

After more months, i didn’t write anymore. She never replied. And a sudden news came, when my mother told me, “Jeongyeon, Nayeon’s here in korea…”

“what?”

“She’s here, Nayeon's mom told me to come and get you. She wants you to see Nayeon.”

“where? They don’t live here anymore right?” I heart was beating faster than ever. Like It was about to explode.

“In ***** hospital.”

 

I ran there as fast I could. There to find you lying so thin on the bed. Nayeon looked so weak, unrefined. But ever so pretty.

“Jeongyeon.” She looked so surprised upon seeing me, that she were on the verge of your tears.

 

I hugged her so tight that I wish I wouldn’t have to let go of her. 

“Nayeon… why are you here? What happened?” I asked.

“I got sick…” she said.

"Are you unwell? Are you okey now?" i asked her again, as i grabbed her fragile body.

"i'm fine Nayeon." She smiled.

"ya! pabo! why did you leave me?” I asked as looking for an answer. I am also in my verge of tears. Tears of longing and desperate happiness.

She didn’t answer.

“Didn’t you say you love me?” I asked as I found myself terrified of her answer. 

 

“I do, but…  I’ll have to leave you after a month.” I looked at her confused as I trace the expression on her face.

“what do you mean?”

Nayeon breathe in and then out, then stared right into my eyes.

 

 

“Jeongyeon, I'm dying.”