CHAPTER 1: The First letter

A letter you'll never read

Dear Nayeon,

Do you remember the first time you fell in love? For me, it was when I was 9.

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon!!!!” My mother yelled angrily. It was heard from the ground floor up to the third floor. It’s how angry she is.

“aigoo, jeongyeon! You’re playing with the boys again.” One ahjumma told me. “how old are you again?”

“I’m 9 years old ahjumma.” I answered.

“you’ll turn into a lady soon and you still look like a boy.” She continued.

I didn’t talk back, I just heard all the boys behind my back snicker. I’m gonna kill them.

“JEONGYEON!!” the yell got even louder. Crap, I’m the one who will be getting killed this time.

I ran like an ostrich to the third floor only to see from afar that my mother is holding a broom stick!!! She’s gonna snap!

I was in a panic that I opened an apartment and got in! It’s only for while, it’s fine. I sat in the porch as I wipe my sweat.

I didn’t knew it was then that I would find her.

“who are you?”

My eyes widened and I couldn’t react.

That’s how beautiful she is. Like a work of art. Like a princess, I’ve only seen in fairytales.

“j-jeongyeon” I stuttered.

“Okey, jujeongyeon, what are you doing here?” she asked curiously. That voice sounds so angelic.

“It’s just jeongyeon.” I replied, swallowing all my nervousness.

“so what’s up? Playing hide and seek?” she asked.

“No, my mom... She’s holding a broom. I was about to get spanked so I hide in here.” I said. Ughh, I’m such a fool.

Upon saying that, that cute little person laughed.

That bunny tooth looks so cute. I was mesmerized.

 

I Didn’t think about it that time, but maybe that was the moment I fell in love