CHAPTER 3: The third letter

A letter you'll never read

Dear Nayeon,

Do you remember what day March 11 is?

The last year in Junior high, it’s been almost a year and Nayeon and I didn’t talk too much. and of course, I realized  by now that that was a actually a sign of my first love.

I’m such a fool.

Then one day, you didn’t go to school.

Became two  days, three days too.

Then a week.

 

“Jeongyeon?”Nayeon looked surprised as I knock into her apartment door. “what’s up?”

“The teacher told me to let you borrow my lectures.” I said.

“Really?” she asked again with a grin, “ you do lectures?”

Ahh, that was just a smile I missed so much.

“You’re so mean, Nayeon.” I said.

I lied actually, I’m just worried that I came to her house. And also about something else.

“Nayeon, Here.” I told her as I gave her a necklace.

“It’s March 11.” I smiled.

She looked surprise as She hugged me, “Thank you, Jeongyeon.”

But I was even more surprised when she gave me a gift, a beautiful silvered bracelet.

 

“Happy birthday to the both of us!”

 

We have the same birthday and born on the same hospital. Lives 3 doors away. Always, in the back of mind, I knew you were my soulmate.

 

Another year came by with our friendship. We ended up in the same High School. She's been getting a lot more absences lately. Then

 it was supposed to be our birthday celebration when she didn't show up on the said place.

"Nayeon, why did you show up?!" i asked.

"A thing came up." she said.

"what is it?"

“Nothing, jeongyeon.” She said as she averted her eyes from me.

Irritation and pain had taken over me. All and all, it was also jealousy.

“Is it Momo?” I asked.

“what?” she looked confused.

“I’ve been seeing you getting close lately.” I said.

She didn't say anything. she just looked at me and caressed my face, "jeongyeon.."

It was then my tears came falling.

 

“I-I.. love you, Nayeon.”

March 11 is the day of our birthday. The day we celebrated together almost every year.

It was also the day i told you i love you.