CHAPTER 4: The fourth letter

A letter you'll never read

Dear Nayeon,

What are you sorry for?

 

March 11 after that, You avoided me, and you never said anything to me. After I told you I love you, you didn’t say anything.

You look pained.

 

Why?  Why did I end up loving my bestfriend?

Why did I end up loving im nayeon?

 

Why does it need to be you?

 

March was a month of tears, and all the months that came after.

It was hard to bear a life without you.

 

July, I went into a café.

There was a beautiful part-time waitress there, she was always smiling and cheerful.

She is very energetic.

So much that it reminded me of you.

Her name was Dahyun.

Turns out we are going on the same school.  She confessed to me and we ended up dating. I fell in love with her, or so I thought.

Months pass by more, Nayeon and I will pass by each other but never say a word. I hated her.

 I hated that I still love her.

 

One night, it  was my and Dahyun's monthsary. Dahyun was very beautiful that one will always end up very captivated. Just for moment, I thought maybe i could just forget about Nayeon. That I should just deny this feelings i have for her. We dated in a restaurant when Nayeon suddenly called me.

“Jeongyeon…” I heard her little voice, “ I need to see you.”

 

My heart was confused that time but i was incredibly happy. I felt my heart fluttering and my pulse rate racing. 

Dahyun said I should go, and you might think I am detestable since I didn't even falter, and didn't even glanced back at Dahyun as I left her. 

but that's when i knew for sure, that right from the start, There was never anyone but Nayeon.  No one was ever a choice. When I came into their apartment, She was sititng on the floor and sobbing. 

The first time i saw her cried. She was quickivering and look so fragile.

 

That first time she showed me her weakness.

 I can't help myself but to embrace her. I can't help myself but want to embrace every side of her.

Her flaws and weakness, everything.

 

She cried as she hugged me,

 

 

“Jeongyeon.. I love you. But I'm sorry."