Chapter 3: The Risk

Don't Judge Sweet & Sour

            "Help, help, help!" Daesung ran around as his sequined jacket was caught on his hair.

            Maia chuckled as she untangled him easily.

            "Thanks nugget." Daesung smiled.

            She turned her attention back to the music show.

            "Help me with my make up?" T.O.P. hovered over her, blocking the television.

            "Didn't your stylist do that?" Maia questioned.

            "Yeah, but I like your finishing touches better." T.O.P. whispered.

            Maia chuckled and moved from her seat to have him sit down. After a few minutes of silence, T.O.P. mumbled, "You should just do it."

            "What?" she raised an eyebrow.

            "You've wanted to become an idol since you were little. I catch you practicing and sneaking into the studios during lessons. And you're always monitoring all the stages when we're here." he stated.

            Maia blushed at being so obvious. "You know my dad is absolutely against it."

            "Why does it have to be YG?" T.O.P. questioned.

            Maia froze. She had thought of the possibility, but was always too nervous to think about it seriously.

            "Other companies will treat you well too. YG has been all you've ever known, but you need to make a fresh start elsewhere in order to grow as an artist." he smiled as Maia gawked at him.

            "Are you telling me to go against my dad's wishes?" Maia whispered.

            "It's your life, not his. He's protecting you, yes. But will you be happy living like this for the rest of your life? Won't you regret not even trying?" he questioned and Maia's head was reeling with all of his spot-on statements.

            "Maia," T.O.P. placed a hand on her head warmly. "it's worth the risk. I may be biased, but I really think being where I am now has allowed me to become a bigger person than I thought I'd ever be. I have influence and I want to make good use of it. I know you have similar intentions of using your talents to help. I'll support you in every way I can, wherever you end up."

            Maia's eyes filled with tears as she looked away. That was all she had been waiting for. She had hoped someone would encourage her genuinely despite all the criticism she's heard from her father and from herself.

            "I suggest going into a smaller company." T.O.P. smiled. "Big companies are great to get your name out, but they have so many groups to handle, it's easy to get lost in the cards."

            Maia nodded, trying to hold back her tears. T.O.P. smiled and ruffled her hair, clearly his motive was never to get his make-up touched up.

            "Hang in there, Mai. Life will lead you to greatness if you keep true to yourself and your dreams."

            With that, he walked away to fool around with s. Maia turned around and stared at her reflection in the mirror, replaying the advice he received from her beloved sunbaenim.  

            Should she take the risk?

~

            "What in hell happened to my face?!" Yoongi yelled as his new stylist was in near tears. "I told you, I look better with SUBTLE make-up! And no! I'm not wearing that, THAT is ridiculous on mannequin, how is it going to look good on a human being? WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE?"

            "Yoongi-ah, calm down. That stylist was the best one in JYP."

            "Then why is she jobless if she was the best, hm?" Yoongi crossed his arms. "Shouldn't she still be there if she was truly the best?"

            The room fell silent at the truth of his statement. The stylist burst into tears and rushed out of the room. She wasn't looking at where she was going and bumped into Jungkook and broke down on her knees.

            "Uh...uh..." Jungkook frantically looked left and right worriedly.

            "Um..." Maia stood there, confused.

            "I didn't do it!" Jungkook stood up with his arms raised.

            "Nobody said you did." Maia chuckled as she knelt down. "What happened? Why're you crying?"

            "I had to quit my job as a stylist cause I gave birth to triplets and my husband wanted the kids to be taken care of by their mothers and not just a babysitter. I didn't want to quit my job!" the lady blubbered.

            Maia glanced at Jungkook who shrugged.

            "Umm it's okay." Maia hugged the woman and patted her back. "Who is blaming you and being an ?"

            Jungkook's eyes widened at her language.

            "There's an idol in there. He's terrible." the two followed the woman's finger leading straight into Min Yoongi's dressing room.

            "Why can't everyone just DO their jobs properly? Like is it really hard to take a brush and pat it nicely on someone's face? Oh? You have something going on in your life? Well guess what? EVERYONE does! SURPRISE! You have to get over it and be professional!"

            "Yoongi, calm down." the manager was at a loss and tried to hold onto the idol's arms, but only to be slapped away.

            "No. I'm not finished." Yoongi continued. "And seriously manager, why can't you do a thorough interview before hiring morons, like coordis and stylists are just sitting around and gossiping. Get better jobs and--"

            Suddenly, Yoongi felt a hand slam against his cheek mid-sentence and everyone in the room stared at the figure stunned.

            "Who in hell?" Yoongi glanced at her as he clutched his cheek. Realizing what she did, Maia spun around and ran out the door, passed a wide-eyed Jungkook, who was still comforting the stylist.

            "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I just slapped Min Yoongi. I just slapped Min Yoongi. I just slapped an idol in front of people." Maia panicked and found an empty hallway to curl up in. "I'm so dead."

            "EVERYONE OUT!" Yoongi yelled and everyone dispersed out of his room.

            He sat in disbelief, staring at himself in the mirror. He groaned as he put his head down.

            "You're an idiot Min Yoongi."

            Then he rubbed his cheek.

            "But really who was that?" The look of disgust and disappointment in her eyes captured his attention when he took a quick glance at her. He almost - ALMOST- started feeling guilty for what he was spewing. No, he felt bad, but he just didn't know what else to do.

            "Everyone needs to just leave me alone." he mumbled.

~

            "Hey." Jungkook tiptoed, finally finding the mysterious girl in fetal position in the hallway. "Hey."

            Maia didn't budge. Maybe if I don't move, he won't see me.

            "Big Bang CD girl? Big Bang manager's daughter?" he called out.

            Maia covered his mouth and looked around, worried someone would overhear. "What?"

            Jungkook stumbled back away from her hand nervously. "Um. I just wanted to say you were cool."

            "What?" Maia raised an eyebrow. "Isn't he in your band?"

            "Well yeah, but he deserved it. No one's going to tell on you. Just wanted you to know that. Everyone wanted to do what you did so thank you for doing it." Jungkook muttered, hoping he made sense.

            "So I'm not going to get sued?"

            Jungkook chuckled and shook his head. "Not at all. If they ever find you, I'm sure you'll be thrown a feast and celebration."

            "Well what're we waiting for? Let me confess!" Maia joked.

            Jungkook stood up and held out his hand. Maia was about to reach out to take it but he backed out and scratched his head. He had gotten too scared about the contact. Maia gave him a weird look and jumped up, wiping her pants.

            "Thanks Jungkook-ssi." Maia bowed, familiar with the idol.

            "No problem ummm..." Jungkook stared at her questioningly.

            "Maia. As you said, Big Bang's manager's daughter." she chuckled. "Well thanks for the heads up. See you."

            Maia bowed and hurried away.

            "Bye..." Jungkook timidly waved.

~

            "This girl just marched into the room and SLAPPED hyung across the face! And the sound ECHOED throughout the hallway. IT WAS AMAZING!" Jungkook recounted the story in the dorm enthusiastically.

            Yoongi had holed himself in the studio that night so the members were freely moving around and being loud in the living room.

            "WAHH I WISH I HAD WITNESSED THAT! I WANNA SEE THIS SUPER GIRL!" Taehyung cheered along.

            "She's my role model!" Jimin laughed.

            "Guys, stop it." Jin frowned.

            "Oh they're only half-joking, Jin hyung." Rapmon chuckled.

            "Well how was the girl? Was she pretty?" J-Hope wiggled his eyebrows.

            "Um...I don't know." Jungkook blushed. He had been too nervous to take a good look at her.

            "Let's drink to karma coming back around!" J-Hope cheered.

            "Karma!" the others joined in as Jin shook his head. He reluctantly clinked his glass of water against the others'.

~

            "YOU SLAPPED MY BIAS!" Maia's best friend yelled into the phone.

            "Yea, don't be mad... he's just really rude and --"

            "WAS IT SOFT? HOW WAS HIS SKIN?" her best friend breathed.

            Maia rolled her eyes. "Really?"

            "What? It's a SERIOUS question. I need to know."

            "For what? So you can tweet about it?" Maia sighed.

            "Just for my fantasies~" her best friend sang.

            "Gross. No way."

            "Anyway, what're you going to do? About your dream? Your T.O.P. oppa gave you his blessing and his support. He'll support you wherever you are. If that's not a subtle marriage proposal, then I don't know what that is." her best friend teased.

            "Oh stop it." Maia laid back on her bed. She sighed. "I think I'm going to check out other companies and when their auditions are."

            "Oh good! Cause I already did that for you. I'll e-mail it to you now. There's one in a couple of weeks that I'm going to audition in too!" her best friend squealed. "Oh my gosh! We can be trainees together!"

            Maia chuckled, "I'm down to try. Which company is it?"

            "Big Hit."

            "Se Jeong..."

            "What?"

            "You're aware that that's the company whose genius producer I SLAPPED in the face?" Maia groaned.

            "You've already made an impactful first impression! And besides, Yoongi is too lazy to be a judge so you're safe. I'm sure you ran out so fast no one saw your face." Se Jeong gushed. "Just please, please, please do it with me? PLEASE."

            Maia sighed and smiled. "Alright. I'll do it. I'll audition for Big Hit." 


Author's Note:  Anybody else's heart melted at T.O.P.'s support? T_T  Did you think Yoongi deserved that slap in the face? And would you react like Se Jeong if your best friend ended up slapping your bias? lol thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed and will continue to enjoy :)