Nine

Still The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was always in LAX where paparazzi and fans flocked the airports.

 

There was not a day where LAX would be empty of people with big cameras and long lenses.

 

When I got there with my family, I was surprised to see the anarchy before my eyes.

 

Apparently, there was a big A-list celebrity that had arrived. And it was Leonardo DiCaprio walking behind us arriving from Tokyo.

 

But really, couldn’t they just let the person exit the airport in peace?

 

Did they even consider the kind of emotional state the person was?

 

The jetlag?

 

When would they ever ban media from the airport?

 

It was so annoying!

 

Incheon wasn’t LAX but goodness me, the crowd was out of control.

 

The arrival gate was packed with photographers and fans that we were stuck behind the doors as security had to figure out a strategy to get us, and the other stranded travelers, to the other side.

 

“Manager said the security is really having a hard time getting the people to move,” Nayeon informed us.

 

I groaned and let my head fall back.

 

I was already having an awful feeling in my head and my stomach and all I wanted to do was get to my apartment. The staff said we had the day off before we would resume back to work for our comeback.

 

It was almost 12:00 PM, and we had gotten back in South Korea half an hour ago.

 

Momo walked over to me.

 

“Hey,” she said. “Are you okay?”

 

I shook my head. “I feel like I’m going to pass out from this insanity.”

 

“I figured.” She brought her arm over to my shoulder and pulled me to lean on her. “This will be over soon.”

 

“How long do you think they’re going to keep us here?” Sana came over to us. “The other passengers seem to be getting mad.”

 

Just then, someone in a black suit arrived and informed our company representative something.

 

I watched the two of them talk as unnie’s face changed into an eased expression.

 

“Okay, people!” She told us. “We will now cross the warzone. Staff,” she said looking at the exhausted group of seven people. “You know what to do.”

 

As soon as the doors opened, the security was out front keeping the people away and another set of security came in to us all.

 

“Time to go,” Momo said to me, her smile reassured me everything was going to be fine soon.

 

But she had to let go of me.

 

We had to endure the uproar separately.

 

There were a ton of eyes and cameras watching us.

 

We couldn’t risk it.

 

I held on to Sana instead.

 

Staff members were walking in between the group and on the sides was airport security creating a boundary to prevent everyone from getting closer to us.

 

I heard my name being repeated by the people.

 

“Mina! Look here! Look here!”

 

Photographers were telling me to smile for their cameras.

 

“Mina! How was Paris?”

 

“How was your music video filming, Mina?”

 

“How do you feel about your upcoming comeback?”

 

They were asking me questions as well.

 

Had I been in a more pleasant mood, I would have smiled and answered. But the noise and the camera flashes only added to the sickness I was feeling. And I was getting really, really pissed.

 

I had probably left my pleasant mood in Paris.

 

As we made our way through, I thought of that time in LAX.

 

Had Leonardo DiCaprio felt like this too?

 

Did he want to scream at everyone until they left him alone too?

 

We were all Leonardo Dicaprios there.

 

I was at least thankful I had a cap on to hide my furrowed eyebrows and my irritated spirit.

 

Furthermore, the mess didn’t end even when we got to the exit where the vans were waiting for us.

 

People were also surrounding the vehicles that we couldn’t get inside them.

 

Security had to be aggressive to get the work done.

 

“Move! Get out of the way! Move!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter