Three

Still The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twice’s comeback was now on the works.

 

The first things to accomplish were of course the music then the choreography before we would get to the visual aesthetics. We had recorded the title single a week ago. It sounded like a club banger, that’s for sure. It had some trap elements to it with the awesome drop. Chaeyoung had the opportunity to write her own rap verse, which was good. And JYP himself was the producer of the song. It definitely was a comeback for K-pop’s number one girl group that hadn’t promoted for a year. People would be slayed.

 

I would laugh at that, but at the moment, my body was aching terribly from dancing. I really hadn’t had that much movement in my body. It was going to be hard to sleep no doubt. With the title track already done, the next goal to meet was the choreography as we had to perform this on all the music shows, possibly even a few events and concerts here and there. I had to say, this routine was the hardest I had encountered in my nine years of being here in this practice room.

 

We started at 10:00 sharp this morning. This new choreographer unnie that the company hired even came earlier than us. And it was back to work. Maybe because we hadn’t practiced much since our last promotion that it took longer for us to learn a portion of the dance. Unnie screamed.

 

“Are you really the Nation’s Girl Group right now? Is this what you’ll show people?” She locked her hands on her hips and scrutinized each of us from the mirror. “Girls’ Generation would be ashamed to have you as successors if they were here right now.”

 

And there was cursing too, to add cherry on top of the trainwreck parfait.

 

“Get your together! You aren’t fifteen anymore!”

 

We turned our heads to each other and we all thought the same idea: Let’s get our heads in the game.

 

Vacation time was over for most of us…

 

Well, Sana, Dahyun, and Jungyeon had variety shows. Tzuyu had CF’s and acting back in Taiwan. Chaeyoung, Nayeon, and Jihyo had solos.

 

Okay, well vacation time was over only for me who didn’t do anything for the past year.

 

But even Momo who had been dancing everyday, and literally everyday due to her Japan promotions, was likewise having the same amount of stress with the moves as much as we had.

 

I sat down on the sofa to rest my body during our break. It was now 7 in the evening. I bent down and held my ankles.

 

“Aigoo,” I said, rubbing them. “They really hurt.” And then I slammed my back and rested my hands behind my head and closed my eyes. “I almost forgot how exhausting it was to do a comeback. How I wish I could just stay home.”

 

There was muffled laughter beside me. I opened my eyes and saw Tzuyu right there staring at me.

 

“You’re tired, unnie?” She asked. I noticed how bright and cheerful she still looked despite her messy hair and the perspiration. It really baffled me how she could still smile after the military-like approach this choreographer had.

 

I nodded.

 

“That’s fine. We’re getting better. We’ll be home in no time.” She assured me with her innocent smile. Maknaes—what would the group be without these adorable creatures?

 

Tzuyu excused herself when she was called by the other maknaes. They said they were going to get something at the convenience store across the bui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter