Six

Still The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The most drunk I had ever been?

 

This would be me talking about that time I was so wasted I promised to God never to let a drop of alcohol near my mouth.

 

It was our maknae’s 22nd birthday party.

 

Yes, Tzuyu.

 

Twice maknae.

 

CF queen.

 

Regal princess from Taiwan.

 

To this day I would wonder what had gotten into that child’s mind that she wanted to celebrate her birthday at a club.

 

Well, the alcoholic unnies were very happy about. 

 

I arrived with them in a very unusual party mood.

 

“Woah, Myoui Mina is here to party!” I remembered Sana say. Then Dahyun added. “Unnie, are you really you right now?”

 

I honestly didn’t know what had gotten into me back there, but maybe the glasses of champagne I had already downed back at Chaeyoung’s place caused all of that to happen.

 

An hour later, I was dancing like crazy, jumping on tables, and operating the DJ booth. It was a crazy night.

 

It almost seemed like it was my birthday.

 

Because I was the one doing more of the partying than the birthday girl.

 

I recalled a blurry Tzuyu laughing and cheering me on as I took the dancefloor by storm.

 

Then that was all I could remember.

 

According to the members, I passed out in the middle of the floor with a huge grin on my face. They couldn’t stop laughing at me before they pulled me up. Then after that, I had puked on Sana’s hand. And on our way out, I had puked on the shoe of our driver.

 

I woke up the next morning with the worst headache and the worst kind of embarrassment from the stories of my drunken condition that previous night. Jihyo had adopted me for the night and didn’t stop making fun of me until I begged.

 

And since then, I had stayed away from the liquid evil.

 

I had felt so terrible for the trouble I had caused the others, though they insisted it was a comedy to have me drink too much and would love to get me to party again. I never ever liked to be a bother and dragging me on my feet outside of that club might have been the worst unforgettable memory I could be reminded of.

 

Today, however, I found myself in the similar position my friends were in when I was wrecked.

 

Momo came over to my apartment the previous night after having too much to drink because apparently she had lost her keys.

 

It was such an absurd story, especially when its storyteller was struggling to keep her words on a straight line.

 

And then she literally fell on me at my doorstep.

 

I was the hero of that absurd story.

 

I couldn’t be happier that she was there.

 

And yes, she was being such a baby as she was running back and forth to my bathroom to vomit and crying from the nastiness of it all.

 

I wished I had recorded every minute of it. I would surely be a good laugh with the members.

 

Gladly, she was now awake and in her sound state.

 

“Thanks for letting me in last night, Mina,” she said drinking the Hair of the Dog that I made.

 

“It was no big deal,” I replied.

 

We were in the living room, just talking, the two of us. It was noon when she woke up. I had gotten out of bed way earlier. I couldn’t sleep that well. I was in the couch, of course. I didn’t want to make things awkward when she or I would wake up next to the other in the morning.

 

“So, what really happened last night?” I asked, suppressing a laugh. I really still haven’t had the chance to get over the incident.

 

“Well,” she narrated. “So after dinner, we went to Club NB and saw some friends there. Jackson oppa was there! And that was the start of me spinning out of control…”

 

I laughed.

 

“…Then when it was time to go home, Nayeon was the designated driver for the night. She drove me to my apartment, and when I got to my floor, my keys weren’t in my jacket pocket. So i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter