Seven

Still The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Paris, France.

 

I couldn’t tell you how much I loved this city.

 

The entire place was like a painting that’s come to life.

 

I had visited Paris several times before and never did I want to leave.

 

I told myself I would live on the streets if it meant living in this beautiful city.

 

We all arrived at the airport from Seoul today. I, the TWICE members, and our staff had come along to film the music video for our second single. The song sounded melancholic and lyrical and so it had to have a quaint backdrop.

 

I could see that everyone was having a hard time coping with the time change. Jetlag could be a pain. I was having jetlag too but I didn’t let it ruin the excitement I had for the next three days we were going to spend here.

 

The last day was going to be spent doing whatever we wanted and I had already planned an itinerary.

 

On the way to our hotel, Sana and I sat together.

 

“You and Momo didn’t say a word to each other the entire time,” she said to me. “Did you fight? Did you tell her?”

 

“No! Of course not,” I whispered.

 

“Then what’s up with you two?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

There wasn’t ‘nothing’ alright. There was something.

 

Ever since we almost kissed, Momo had been very distant with me. She hadn’t spoken to me long, one or three words max. She hadn’t called me or texted me. I had been getting nothing from her.

 

I would’ve approached her and asked her if there was wrong, but I chose not to. I respected her space. She would come around, I was sure of it.

 

Sana didn’t ask anymore, and I didn’t wasn’t in an answering mood either.

 

When we got to the hotel, our manager had designated us to our rooms immediately.

 

“Here are the keys,” he said handing each one to us. “Tzuyu and Jihyo. Momo and Dahyun. Nayeon and Chaeyoung. Sana and Jungyeon. Mina, I figured you preferred to room alone?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, it’s cool,” I replied.

 

I was in Paris, but really, the way Momo had been treating me lately had me affected more than the jetlag. And I was relieved I didn’t get to share the room with anyone, otherwise I would be bombarded with questions I couldn’t answer.

 

Our music video director and his crew arrived the next day and we went straight to business as soon as he landed. We had shot individual scenes on the streets, in the restaurants, and at the park. There were also scenes of us getting inside a taxi. It was an easy video to shoot as there wasn’t much acting to it, just us being ourselves. The only problem was the constant changing of the clothes. It was looked almost like an ad campaign for a fashion brand.

 

Day one in Paris came and went like a breeze and still Momo hadn’t spoken to me.

 

The longer it was going, the more it had me disturbed.

 

She was the one to make the move, I could remember so clearly.

 

Did she regret it?

 

Did she—honestly I didn’t know what could’ve prompted her to ignore me.

 

But we still had two more days in Paris. If she wouldn’t budge by then, then it would be me.

 

I would talk to her first and ask her what was going on.

 

Gladly, our second day in the City of Lights was practically a riot that it had me distracted from my thoughts.

 

French ONCEs had swarmed our hotel.

 

“Unnie, are we going to have to cancel our filming today?” Jihyo asked the company’s representative.

 

“No, we won’t. Security is coming to clear the way.”

 

We were all gathered in the lobby already in our make-up and our outfits ready to continue filming when we were greeted with the love of our fans.
 

“This wasn’t here yesterday,” unnie added. “Someone must’ve ticked the fans.”

 

“Well, there was media when we left at Incheon,” Nayeon joined in. “Photographs would have floated in the internet the moment our plan flew.”

 

Sana and Tzuyu were each clutching my arm and we were standing at the far end of the lobby.

 

“If filming will get canceled, does that mean we can extend our stay here?” Tzuyu asked.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe, though,” Sana answered.

 

The two let go of me and went to the unnie standing with Jihyo and the others, possibly to inquire about that.

 

Now I was standing by myself, watching the fans wave their posters right outside, and the hotel security holding them back from breaking through the glass.

 

I didn’t even know that she was already there beside me.

 

“Fans still go wild for us,” Momo said.

 

I swiftly turned me head to her side. That was the first she had said to me since arriving in Paris and the longest she had ever said since the incident at my apartment.

 

“Yeah,” I said back, pretending to be casual. “I wonder how long they’ve been there.”

 

“Probably since last night. I saw some of them camping out when we arrived yesterday.”

 

“But I wonder how long we’re going have to be here too.”

 

Momo turned to face me. “Ahh,” she said. “I know you love Paris.”

 

I smiled to her. “Yeah, I do.”

 

And that was the longest conversation we had ever had after my apartment. After that she had walked over to join the group up front and more security came to clear the way for us.

 

Since we started later than the scheduled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter